Proposed non-member SOLO rate increase
 7 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
mavisky

--
10 Jan 2008 08:00 PM

What's our stance on this subject? Is our region simply going to add on the additional $5 National charge or are they going to stick non-members with the full $15 charge and keep $10 for themselves? Are they going to keep prices the same and disperse the $5 cost amongs all the members entry fees and take it straight out of the pocket of the region? (highly unlikely, but thought I'd ask)

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about.

http://sccaforums.com/forums/1/2630...hread.aspx

Andy Ucter

--
    13 Jan 2008 06:19 PM

are you a member???

If not, WHY NOT???

why even worry about the extra charge? to me, its a no brainer to join a club, to help support a club that supports our sport locally!

mavisky

--
    14 Jan 2008 02:24 PM

No I'm not a member.

As to the second question, I'll sum it up in two ways. One, the SCCA isn't what really supports our SOLO events, its our local region. SCCA national is busy losing money on SCCA Pro which I hate to see as I love to watch the racing but our country is far too simple minded to be interested in auto racing where the cars aren't all the same, the lead changes 5 times on one lap, and half the field crashes in a mass of twisted wreckage every other race all while showcasing technology from the early 70's.

Here's what I posted on our other scca forum regarding the membership price. For what it's worth I'll personally begin running HPDE events this year and eventually abandon the SCCA altogether as the only truly modern and enthusiast oriented racing organization is to be found with NASA.

From aimoo forum:

"I'm still un-decided as to whether or not I'll get another SCCA membership as it just wasn't worth it to me, this change however could make it worthwhile all of a sudden. Originally my $70 membership came with a thin magazine without alot of interesting information and a $5 discount at my local events, which totaled like $40-45 if I ran every event. I was essentially paying $25-30 a year for the magazine, a patch, and some discounts on rent-a-cars. Now if they'd upped their end of the portion making that $25-30 more worthwhile I'd have been ecstatic, but I'm hoping they're not trying to give me the same worthless crap, and now it's only worth it because they're charging more but giving me a better discount. I'm still paying for that useless crap. I'd love to be able to pay $40-45 a year and have them keep all that crap instead."

Depending on what happens I'll either buy my scca membership again to save a buck or two at the local events, or I'll stay a non-member and use that extra $35-40 to hit up a Corvette Club autox along with the local events. Either way the car's moving towards road racing so this is a relative non-issue for me in a year or two.

At the end of it all my biggest problem is that some of this $5 is going towards the marketing of new members. So the scca is basically saying join us, or we're going to charge you for the advertising we're going to send you to get you to join us. I have enough faith in those in charge of our local region that I'd gladly waive the insurance if it's really that big of an issue. I have my own health insurance and barring some absolutely freak accident I would feel very safe at any of our events.

chriskrumnow

--
    15 Jan 2008 10:11 PM

I understand that you are frustrated. The rate structure in our region will be changing slightly. That much was to be expected. There are a lot of things we would like to do as a club. We need money to put on fun future events. Using our money wisely is getting to be more important every year. We will be discussing the rates at the Solo meeting this Thursday. I have no control over the national office. They handed down the fees to us. We just have to make the best of the situation. I have heard several different ideas on the subject. That is all I am prepared to say at the time.

I also understand that some people don't have the ability to choose what events you will be going to. Those people have sponsors that tell them where they are running. I understand it's just the nature of the beast. It is my job to make sure that the Fort Wayne Region Solo events are the events of choice. I take this job very seriously.

I'll discuss the rest of my philosophy at the meeting. I'm always open to new ideas!

chriskrumnow

--
    16 Jan 2008 07:43 PM
    Which forum are we using anyway?

Here is the pricing structure I am proposing.

members $20
    non-members $30

The pre registration incentives are as follows.
    members can choose either 2 fun runs or get their 6th solo free.
    nonmembers get 2 free fun runs.

fun runs will now cost $2.

let the coments fly!

This proposal has yet to be approved by the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mavisky

--
    16 Jan 2008 07:52 PM
    Are we looking at 8 events this year or 9?
    chriskrumnow

--
    16 Jan 2008 07:58 PM
    looking at 8. If anyone has a contact with the coliseum, let me know. How does RocktoberX at the coliseum in early august sound? Car show and Autocross ONLY!!! I need to get on it if it's going to have a chance.
    chriskrumnow

--
    18 Jan 2008 06:49 AM
    I will be posting all the rest of the comments on the forum that is linked to fwscca.com. The meeting last night have brought up more ideas. I will be working on the Solo budget and then posting my decision of what the rates will be. They will be no more than I have previously posted. If you want to put your 2 cents in, contact me through email or phone.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner