Author Messages
MichaelBenz

--
18 Jan 2008 12:58 PM

SCCA Solo Meeting Notes – Indy Region Solo II

January 15th, 2008 @ 6:30pm

Michael Benz / Will Lahee, Co-Chairs

Phil Wehman, Advisor to Chairs

In attendance was: Michael Benz, Will Lahee, Dale Brier, Jason Proksch, Bob Miller, Brian Davis, Dave Dusterberg, Steve Linn, Phil Wehman, Clemens Burger

Old Business:

• Bump Class Proposal (proposals submitted)

Jason Proksch and Brian Davis submitted a proposal for bump classing in the event that a particular class had less than "x" participants in order to create more competition and competitivenesss all around and to eliminate uncontested classes where a single participant in a class automatically wins the class from default. After further discussion, the committee and originators of the proposals decided to table this issue until a later meeting and possibly next year after checking with the current membership base at this years events to gauge further interest.

• Site Acquisition

Discussion took place again regarding new sites and reviewing current progress with the proposed sites. Currently we have leads at Terre Haute Airport, Lincoln Tech, a closed Visteon plant, and a lot that is vacant at Post and Brookville Rd area. Will Lahee has been actively working on several of these and reported that Post and Brookville Road is out after having talked with the land owner and was unsucessful. There was mention of a new site possibility in Bloomington, but we are still waiting for information to be submitted on where and who. Initial letters have been written to Terre Haute Airport and Lincoln Tech by Will Lahee and he is awaiting response therein. We discussed closed the Viseon Plant idea in Connersville, IN and it was mentioned that several "I beam" posts currently exist on this property that might make it somewhat difficult to pursue further. Further investigation needs to occur at that site in order to justify additional action therein to find out if in fact the "I beams" are in the area we would want to set up a course on, but it was initially believed that this was to be the case.

• Solo Event Schedule

Will Lahee submitted an additional revised schedule of events for Solo for the 2008 season consisting of 13 total events; 8 points series events, 2 fun runs, National Tour Event, a Corvair Event and a Lotus Event.

• Safety Steward Training

Michael Benz has contacted Rick Schwarts and left a message concerning the proposed SS Training for possibly February sometime? Raleigh Boreen may also be a possibility if Rick is unavailable. We are awaiting Rick's response and schedule availability and confirming interest.

• Aussie Pursuit

It was accounced that we are dumping the Aussie Pursuit format this season after a quick hand count vote of present members and we started formulating new event ideas. An idea was proposed to do a Pro Solo type of event in its place at Grissom or possibly a "helmet run" where there would be 2 groups making 3 runs in 2 formats and overall winner takes a helmet prize home that would be sponsored by Performance Driven. It was agreed that we would continue this discussion at a later meeting for further input and ideas for new event formats to replace the Aussie Pursuit format.

• SMS Class

An announcement has been made that the SMS class proposal was accepted widely and has been formally added to the ranks for the 2008 season for a pilot program.

• Axware Training (our new software program)

The new Solo program's timing software was updated recently to Axware which will require some initial training. Phil Wehman has agreed to have it as his house sometime in March and he stated he would get back to the Committee with available dates for this training.

• Job Description Modules

Job description modules need to be written and Will Lahee is completing details with Clemens Burgers previously done work.

• Temporary Memberships / Weekend Memberships

Non-member fees will be :$35 (good for 5 days)

Buys temp membership fees and w/in 60 days the person can use $15 discount on reg full membership to the SCCA if desired.

Regular Member Fees Remain @ $20 this year.

• Web Site Forum

SccaForums.com has been formally set up with an Indianapolis Region section that is currently active and ready for use.

• Indy Region Awards Banquet

This Saturday, Jan 19th @ Primo North 5649 Lee Rd, Lawrence IN @ 6pm

New Business:

• SCCA Membership Dues Increase

Increase of $15

Was: 60 nat – 20 local = $80

Now:75 nat – 20 local = $95

• Contingency Plan on Scheduling (Plan B)

Discussions are under way for a contingency plan should we not be sucessful at securing a new site for Solo for the 2008 season so we are not hit with it last minute. It was announced that if this occurs, we shall add 1 Grissom event for a total of 3 at that venue and also add 3 events at the 16th Street venue for a total of 6; with the shared Walesboro event it would total 10 events for the year, not counting the Corvair, Lotus, or National Event.

Add @ 1 Grissom and 3 @ 16th Street

Now = Grissom=2, 16th=3, open=4 Walesboro = 1 Total = 10

Then= 3 6 1 = 10

• Bus Team Plans / Procedure Before Events / Report

Bob Miller, Dave Dusterberg, and Steve Brinkerhoff have not had a chance to meet at Chuck Hansen’s house to deal with bus issues or inspect what might need to be prepared before this season starts. Insurance issues were also discussed as to if an additional authorized driver is added to the insurance policy, we need to be sure that it doesnt bump the rates or we get a surcharge for that as its never been done before with 5 authorized drivers on the policy. Currently the list stands at Michael Benz, Will Lahee, Bob Miller, Dave Dusterberg and Steve Brinkerhoff as the official authorized drivers of the bus. If there is a surcharge for the additional driver, it was mentioned that we will find one to drop off the list. It was also mentioned that there was a small leak at the current storage spot that got the bus wet but from where it was described it should have only gotten the front fender wet and shouldnt pose a problem with the existing leaks. A spring cleanup was also discussed.

• Any Other New Issues or Subjects Not Covered

Michael Benz mentioned that the SCCA “The Road to Topeka” agreement was in and we should be looking that over. Will Lahee also acknowledged receipt of the same. Dave Dusterberg also briefly purused Michael's copy as we were talking with no additonal comments.

There was an idea brought forward concerning having an "Annual Tech Day" to perform prior Annual Tech on cars prior to the first event of the year in order to streamline the days activitites, which are often overrun with things to accomplish at the first event of the year. Dave Dusterberg mentions that he may be willing to sponsor the event through Performance Driven and supply a location to do so, and it was also mentioned that it might be a good place to hold the Axware Training at the same time in their conference room. He will check on the details and possibilities and report back at the next meeting.

It was decided it might be a good day on 3/15/08 or 3/16/08 to hold the previous mentioned event.

The meeting was adjourned. Next meeting date was set for 2/12/08 @ 6:30pm again.

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    18 Jan 2008 01:57 PM

[quote]A cleaning was mentioned by Bob Miller and he stated he might be willing to be the official "bus washer" and clean it up for us as needed before events

Wow. . .what was I drinking? I sure don't remember that!!!

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    18 Jan 2008 02:06 PM
    Bobzilla wrote:

[quote]A cleaning was mentioned by Bob Miller and he stated he might be willing to be the official "bus washer" and clean it up for us as needed before events

Wow. . .what was I drinking? I sure don't remember that!!!

Nice!

Thanks for posting, Mike.

MichaelBenz

--
    18 Jan 2008 09:57 PM
    Seriously Bob? Frankly...I was taking notes at the time it was said and I thought that was something you stated you were gonna take care of. I know somebody said something about washing the bus....I thought it was you. If I am mistaken...let me know and I will revise the minutes. Actually...I didnt mean to...but I composed them here in the forums from my original agenda that I copied in here for some reason...so editing it is not an issue right now as I have not heard back from Phil yet approving this copy....so this is somewhat of a working draft. I just wanted to get them up here so everybody could get up to speed on what was going on without large delay as I got busy after the meeting at work and there was a few days delay.
    Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    19 Jan 2008 07:39 AM
    Not sure, but I think I got "volunteered" by Mr Brier on that duty!
    MichaelBenz

--
    19 Jan 2008 12:49 PM
    If this is something you are not comfortable with...let me know and I will edit the minutes. Mikey
    Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    21 Jan 2008 09:35 AM

Yeah, I'm short enough on free time without being the "wash-boy". But I will do what I can otherwise.

mtownneon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    21 Jan 2008 11:17 AM
    Isn't the dirt the only thing holding 'Da Bus' together?
    turbohappy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    21 Jan 2008 12:38 PM

mtownneon wrote:
    Isn't the dirt the only thing holding 'Da Bus' together?

Yeah, I think so. I thought the only thing discussed was something about the fact that the bus got wet due to a water leak where it's being held and we considered that it's spring cleaning.

MichaelBenz

--
    24 Jan 2008 12:43 PM

Fixed the minutes to reflect everyones recollections. Any other mods to it let me know.

Mikey

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    01 Feb 2008 01:40 PM

[QUOTE]

Michael Benz has contacted Rick Schwarts and left a message concerning the proposed SS Training for possibly February sometime? Raleigh Boreen may also be a possibility if Rick is unavailable. We are awaiting Rick's response and schedule availability and confirming interest.

Any news on this?

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    01 Feb 2008 01:40 PM

[QUOTE]

Any news on this?

You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner