Help needed for March Indy Region SCCA promotional activities
 7 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Performance Driven

--
19 Jan 2008 02:44 PM

There are three events planned for March that we are looking for volunteers to help at. These will be a great opportunity to help promote and drive membership for our region and SCCA as a whole.

The most important is the March 30th Super Sunday Swap Meet booth. We are looking for volunteers to help set-up on Saturday afternoon to set up the Indy Region SCCA booth. We will also need volunteers to help on Sunday from 7:30 AM to 4:00pm (show ends as 3:00 but it take a while to teardown.) I would also like to have volunteers to bring their solo car or other interesting vehicle to the swap meet for display. Last year we had a Viper, F125 kart and ITA car. I we will have about the same space available this year, so two cars and a kart would work well again. This event last year was a very good success and the booth was busy all day with people asking questions. Please contact me at bgard@performancedrivenllc.com if you need any more details or to volunteer

Also there will be an annual tech day for the INDY region SCCA on March 15th. It would be nice to have some volunteers to help with tech and other activities on this day.

March 8th is a Dyno day that it would be a great opportunity for the Club to promote activities to people outside of the organization. It would be nice to see club members show up to promote the club. Any volunteers?

I would also invite any other regions to join or send flyers for their events. Contact me for more details.

Thank you,

Brian Gard

Indianapolis Region SCCA, Membership Chairman

RonConrad
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    19 Jan 2008 09:30 PM
    Not sure I can plan that far in the future, but my wife Brenda, daughter Zoe (Jr Karter to be), and I would love to work the booth that Sunday. I was Public Relations Director for Fort Wayne, and put together many shows like this one.
    Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    20 Jan 2008 02:44 PM

Brian I should be available to help out on the 30th....and we are going to have to revisit a time for the Annual Tech party. Chuck has the first 2008 Rally scheduled for March 15th.

-Will

MichaelBenz

--
    25 Jan 2008 03:45 PM

Dave/Brian,

Per our phone coversation today, given shows are kinda part of my everyday job here at work, I will be happy to be there to assist and promote the SCCA Indy Region on the 30th of March. As I have two cars, you are welcome to use my superchared TL in the display as well and it will be available the day before so it wont need to be rushed in day of show. I will just drive the Lexus there and bring another adult to drive it home after breakdown after the show. I would recommend that we have some sort of attire to wear that is matchy matchy for all booth workers, as in crowds....often times people dont know who to approach to ask questions, ect. Is there plans/provisions/budget in there for this type of attire?

MichaelBenz

--
    25 Jan 2008 03:46 PM
    PS...I can also help set up and tear down as well.
    ColdFire

--
    05 Feb 2008 10:32 AM
    I'm going to be out of town on the 8th so I won't be able to help with the dyno day, the tech inspection I'd love to come help out with. As for the event on the 30th I can tentatively say that I can come and help out but its possible that plans could change due to it being so far in the future. I probably won't have a car to compete with this season but I'd still like to be involved and help out wherever I can.
    SopFu

--
    05 Feb 2008 05:36 PM
    Cincy is putting on the Evo school, and Columbus is running an event the weekend of the 30th. I'll be at one of those two places (probably Cincy). Have fun!
    ColdFire

--
    06 Feb 2008 04:20 PM
    I assume you mean the 30th or march?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner