Sunoco 468x60 Banner
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 25 Jan 2008 04:28 PM by  Eclipse2Lancer
Special thanks to all involved in Awards Banquet!
 6 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
20 Jan 2008 02:22 PM

For those who did not make it last night, I can say it was a pretty nice event. Steve Linn did a great job of livening up the presentations. Pete Hilton gave an interesting talk (in between clearing off the awards table) about the histroy of SCCA in Indiana (next time we need more shots of all the MGs - especially undergoing their rebuilds). John Wimoth put together a nice slide show from his great photos (what was the deal with that flying VW?) - boy, that M3 looked nice on the big screen [H]. And, the food was pretty good. But, no one told me there were going to be prizes. The wife and I ended up both coming away with some nice items (she won the Sam Hornish Jr. model, and I got a badly needed alignment from Performance Driven - which ironcally I was already planning on having done there - but I will add some tire mountings too). I love those Performance Driven foam cones (expect an avatar soon featuring my Christmas M3 model whipping through those cones).

Thanks to everyone who put this on. I understood Lou Byer was not feeling well and had to leave early (was he the gentlemen sitting at my table in the back?) - well, thanks for everything. It was a nice night. And, it was nice to finally not be sweating around everyone and good to see some of you can actually be cleaned up a bit [:P] Lee Miller was looking especially dapper.

Oh, and thank you for the award [:)].

I am working on the trophy case for it right now - placed behind the front window of my house with a really nice light show that goes off every half hour with the theme to Top Gun (Dangerzone) blasting through an exterior speaker. But, its very tasteful. I am just not sure how I am going to rig my M3 model to drive around the trophy... [:P])

mtownneon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    20 Jan 2008 05:29 PM

+1 Good food, good people, good fun.

Always enjoy Pete's addiction talks,it's now progressed to where the rest of the family is affected, might be time for an intervention.............................................

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    21 Jan 2008 10:37 AM

Yes....thanks to everyone! Even though my wife was dragging me out of there as soon as it was over.

Can't wait to see some of the pics that Mr. Powell took.

mtownneon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    21 Jan 2008 11:12 AM
    Eclipse2Lancer wrote:

Yes....thanks to everyone! Even though my wife was dragging me out of there as soon as it was over.

Like the one of you looking like you're gassing while accepting your award?[8-|]

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    21 Jan 2008 11:20 AM
    mtownneon wrote:
    Eclipse2Lancer wrote:

Like the one of you looking like you're gassing while accepting your award?[8-|]

I was up soon after, and I can assure you it was not just a look... [+o(]

MichaelBenz

--
    25 Jan 2008 03:48 PM
    The Nebulizer wrote:
    mtownneon wrote:
    Eclipse2Lancer wrote:

I was up soon after, and I can assure you it was not just a look... [+o(]

SCCAForums Image

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    25 Jan 2008 04:28 PM
    I no remember farting. [<:o)]
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner