Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>
Author Messages
duck_hunter_117

--
29 Jan 2008 04:19 PM
McGuyver wrote:

1. Find a way to pay for new suspension that won't (a) wallow like a seasick mannatee and (b) cause extreme nausea and/or permanent kidney damage during morning commute.

2. Find a way to hide #1 from wife.

The way I handled that was to get my fiancée hooked on autocross also. Now when I want to buy something for my car I get two questions; (a) Will it make the car faster? and (b) Will it change our class? As long as the answer is, (a) Yes and (b) No, I have her support. [:D]

The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
29 Jan 2008 05:59 PM
duck_hunter_117 wrote:
McGuyver wrote:

1. Find a way to pay for new suspension that won't (a) wallow like a seasick mannatee and (b) cause extreme nausea and/or permanent kidney damage during morning commute.

The way I handled that was to get my fiancée hooked on autocross also. Now when I want to buy something for my car I get two questions; (a) Will it make the car faster? and (b) Will it change our class? As long as the answer is, (a) Yes and (b) No, I have her support. [:D]

So, how do you do this? Give us your wisdom.

I am going to have the same problem in a week or so when my new wheels arrive.... I tried inviting my wife to events and tried to get her to go for a ride along. etc. Its not working. I think maybe the key is you said 'fiancée' - once they are married they are probably past the critical period and they can no longer be made to like autocrossing. [:(]

duck_hunter_117

--
29 Jan 2008 11:04 PM

The Nebulizer wrote:

So, how do you do this? Give us your wisdom.

I am going to have the same problem in a week or so when my new wheels arrive.... I tried inviting my wife to events and tried to get her to go for a ride along. etc. Its not working. I think maybe the key is you said 'fiancée' - once they are married they are probably past the critical period and they can no longer be made to like autocrossing. [:(]

Maybe I got lucky by getting her hooked early. The key was, I along with some of the guys from the Columbus region used "peer pressure" to get her to take a couple of my runs at one event. She protested until she put the helmet on and started the engine. By the time she was done with her first run, which was over 30 seconds off my pace and included a couple cones, she said she felt like Danica Patrick and wanted to keep going. That's when I knew she was a keeper [:D]
Shahab323is

--
01 Feb 2008 01:58 PM
my goal is to get within 4 seconds of any srt-4 in d-stock =]
Peppler33CS
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
02 Feb 2008 12:19 AM

I'm going to try to make a few more Indy events, especially Grissom since Fort Wayne has ditched Grissom for the last year or so.

As far as Tovey Cup, does it take every race into account or is it like the top 6 events or so? That way your not penalized for missing a race or two due to other obligations.

Beyond that, I'd like to get within 1.5 sec within Geoff's time :)

Eclipse2Lancer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
02 Feb 2008 10:33 AM

^^ come on out!

Tovey Cup allows 1 points event drop for the year for all PAX scoring events, of which there are 7. The eighth points event does not score PAX results (Aussie Pursuit).

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
08 Feb 2008 10:52 AM
McGuyver wrote:

I've been given the go ahead from the wife on future upgrades because I'm giving up my desire to own an XBOX360. That's as simple as it was for me. A little give to receive.

Now to figure out what I want to buy first. (taking my time, 'cause I feel like the car stock is way beyond my ability)

The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
08 Feb 2008 02:32 PM
Locked wrote:
McGuyver wrote:

I've been given the go ahead from the wife on future upgrades because I'm giving up my desire to own an XBOX360. That's as simple as it was for me. A little give to receive.

Now to figure out what I want to buy first. (taking my time, 'cause I feel like the car stock is way beyond my ability)

NO! NO! NO! NO!

This is terrible. Your philosophy "a little give to receive' is OK, but you got it all mixed up. What you need to do is give her something nice - then buy the Xbox360 on the rebound (and stop by my site, xblRacing.com, and come race with us). You have to have Forza 2. Its an amazing racing game (w/ plenty of Evos that you can do realistic modifications to and even test before you buy the real parts for your car - also all M3s and nearly every other car).

Yes, this technique will prove costly, but outside of lucking into getting her interested in Autocross, it is the only method I have found that has any success.

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
08 Feb 2008 02:58 PM

If I could come up with an Xbox 360 and forza2 for around the $100 mark I would be all over it. I would hid the thing and get it out when she's not around. Evenually planning to forget then have a "forgive me discussion" It would go over well.

What I stuggle with is deciding to spend $500 (console, games, second controller, wireless connectivity for live) on something that would push back the purchase of swaybars, springs, rubber, intake, etc...

Not only that but all I have to do is walk my happy butt past the Evo X sittin gnext door and play forza2 on lukes Xbox360.

Andy Ucter

--
08 Feb 2008 04:20 PM
what tires do you have on the evo now???
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
08 Feb 2008 05:27 PM

Andy Ucter wrote:

Falken Azenis ST115's.. 235's.. The 360 treadwear version. They had 500 miles on them when I bought the car back in October.

Andy Ucter

--
08 Feb 2008 08:30 PM
Locked wrote:

Andy Ucter wrote:

Falken Azenis ST115's.. 235's.. The 360 treadwear version. They had 500 miles on them when I bought the car back in October.

would you like first dibs on my take-offs???
DRAG

--
09 Feb 2008 01:30 PM

Bleh just play Forza at my house. More mods for the car!!!!! You know I would never have spent $500 on that silly XBOX over mods for the car. It is great, but I only have one because it was a gift.

Maybe the buyer of my EVO8 would be up for swapping your tires for my Azenis???

Shahab323is

--
07 Apr 2008 10:15 PM
Ok new personal goal, since I no longer have the bmw, is to have as much fun as I had on sunday at every event!!!
dbrier
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
07 Apr 2008 10:47 PM
Your first goal should be to update your signature. [:)]
Shahab323is

--
08 Apr 2008 01:17 AM
this is true =]
The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
08 Apr 2008 01:38 AM

Shahab323is wrote:
Ok new personal goal, since I no longer have the bmw, is to have as much fun as I had on sunday at every event!!!

You are dead to me...[:'(]

[:P]

My goal is to get that dang DSC off and learn how to keep from getting so behind in the slaloms. From what I understand my entry is good, but I sabotage myself on the first cone by waiting too long. I also want to be smoother and look further ahead - all the usual stuff I suppose. Mainly, I just hope to get a little better every event.

One goal accomplished: I swapped my wheels this morning in under 20 minutes (17 actually) using 4 different jack placements. (I heard someone mention how fast they could do it, so I decided to see what I could do. I can break 15 next time...)

Shahab323is

--
08 Apr 2008 09:20 AM
Don't worry, I'm as big of a BMW die-hard as the next guy.... but when you have a ten year old car that is losing value and in the prime of it's "I need maintenance and I'm a BMW so expect to pay three times what you think you'd normally pay" life, You'd go with the 08 s2000 with a warranty as well =], and I also still technically work at Dreyer & Reinbold does that make you feel better? =]
The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
08 Apr 2008 09:39 AM

Shahab323is wrote:
and I also still technically work at Dreyer & Reinbold

Oh, err uh, what did you think I said....[A] er, I mean, hey dude! What's up? Dreyer & Reinbold, huh? Uh, any kind of position that can save me money or get me cool stuff... [:P]

I know what you mean about repair costs on BMW - take your 3 times and multiply that by 2 for the M3[:O] - my warranty ends in May (6 years old - they grow up so fast...) and then I think I have to start learning everything about my car. I am hoping to hang on to this car - like forever. But, I do worry the cost of repairs may simply become too much at some point. I try to limit miles and bad weather driving as much as possible, but my daily driver is barely hanging on. I'd love to get an old e30 3-series (late 80's) as a daily driver, but maybe repair costs would be too high to make that practical.

Shahab323is

--
08 Apr 2008 09:59 AM

I could wash your car for free on Saturday mornings...if I can wake up =]

oh and if you want to replace your rear trailing arm bushings anytime soon, let me know, I have some sitting downstairs that I bought from Dreyer but never installed

Yeah I had planned on keeping the car forever too, but the stress was too much, I spent a lot of time under that car and had a lot of fun with it, but it was just time, plus I'm having LOTS of fun with my new car

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

Sunoco 88x31 Button
SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner