btwelch
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
10 Apr 2008 09:25 PM
Bobzilla wrote:

What are y'all aiming for this year?

1. Improve from last year.

2. Accomplish the above by actually applying the advice I recieve (looking further ahead and turning earlier seem simple enough, but its a lot harder to actually do when cones start flying at me).

3. Win a trophy (I actually would have achieved this goal already if they would have passed out trophys last weekend).

4. Become more involved in the club.

5. Beat Bobzillas time at just one event so I can finally say he doesnt always beat me at autocross.

The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
11 Apr 2008 12:28 AM
btwelch wrote:
Bobzilla wrote:

What are y'all aiming for this year?

1. Improve from last year.

2. Accomplish the above by actually applying the advice I recieve (looking further ahead and turning earlier seem simple enough, but its a lot harder to actually do when cones start flying at me).

3. Win a trophy (I actually would have achieved this goal already if they would have passed out trophys last weekend).

4. Become more involved in the club.

5. Beat Bobzillas time at just one event so I can finally say he doesnt always beat me at autocross.

Brian - welcome to the site!

You did really well at the fun event. Either its those new Bridgestones or the training from last year got absorbed during the offseason. You were right on my time with a heavier car with less hp. You'll get some trophies this year, I'll bet.

Bobzilla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
11 Apr 2008 08:15 AM
btwelch wrote:

It's nice to dream, isn't it? [:P] I gotta watch poking the bear with a stick, he might just takethe stick away from me and beat me with it.

Shahab323is

--
13 Apr 2008 12:57 PM
The Nebulizer wrote:

You did really well at the fun event. Either its those new Bridgestones or the training from last year got absorbed during the offseason. You were right on my time with a heavier car with less hp. You'll get some trophies this year, I'll bet.

Yeah Brian you destroyed us in the mini! You did great! However I'm going to blame it on our crappy stock run-flats vs. your bridgestones =], whatever eases the embarassment lol

btwelch
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
14 Apr 2008 11:53 PM

The Nebulizer wrote:

I'd like to think its all due to the training finally sinking in, but I've got to admit those Bridgestones make the car feel like its actually touching the ground. Watching the videos from my runs I do think that I did a better job at finding the line than I have in the past, but after watching some other people run in the 2nd and 3rd heats, I could see that I still left a lot of time out on the course. Thats especially dissapointing when all I needed was 0.3 seconds to get 1st in STX.

btwelch
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
15 Apr 2008 12:00 AM
Bobzilla wrote:

It's nice to dream, isn't it? [:P] I gotta watch poking the bear with a stick, he might just takethe stick away from me and beat me with it.

Quit poking me Bob!

Bobzilla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
15 Apr 2008 08:56 AM
btwelch wrote:
Bobzilla wrote:

Quit poking me Bob!

The great ones didn'tget great being coddled. . . I'm just doing my part. [;)]

SlyFox87

--
16 Apr 2008 01:38 AM

beat jack in his yaris? did i read that correct or was it a joke? Any who, i got my short block assembled today and most of the fuel system installed. all i have left is to grind on my heads and drop her in. I'm somewhat disappointed in my build though. low compression and stock heads should yield a whopping 275hp on a good day. theres a slim chance i'll be seen this year being i took a night shift weekend job. if anything it'll be in the MG to get myself oriented with it's.....unique behavior. one last note, does anyone have a cheap pair of 275/40/17 tires? i've got 245/45s stretched on the mustang but it looks retarded.

Bobzilla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
30 Apr 2008 05:14 PM
I've met all my goals for the season, now I can concentrate on having fun!
thedrumm
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
01 May 2008 12:08 AM

1: learn how to adjust my suspension settings to improve the handeling.

2: stay ahead of Jeol & his Fiero

3. get a little closer to Boreen's times

4. beat those darn Miatas! Beat 2 of 'em, lost to 1 last Sunday.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 3 << < 123

Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Leroy Engineering Micro Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner