Author Messages
Eclipse2Lancer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
23 Jan 2008 04:10 PM

Just announced, kids! [<:o)]

Indy Region Tech Day at Performance Driven LLC
    Our good friends at Performance Driven LLC is having their grand opening and wanted to combine that with an Indy Region Tech Day at their store.

Indy Region SCCA will be there conducting their Annual Tech Day for any of you who need a Club Race or Solo car teched for the up-coming season.
    Solo guys, this is an opportunity for you to get the 'Annual Tech' sticker which saves time during event registration. That means more time to course walk, hang out, change tires, etc. Get it early and not have to deal with it the rest of the year! Remember to bring your helmets!

They will have door prizes, food, and cars on display. Also check out their new full service shop, their show room, as well as their conference room available for meetings and events!

They will also be having dyno runs all day at $65.00 for 3 pulls!

Date: March 8th, 2008

Time: 9:00 AM til 4:00 PM

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    23 Jan 2008 04:13 PM
    PLEASE come for annual tech!! PLEASE!!!
    The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    23 Jan 2008 06:04 PM

I will definetely be there for Anual Tech. (that gives me 5 more minutes of sleep before each event! [:)])

$65 Dyno - that is a great price. I wish I could have run my SC'd 325Ci on there before I sold it. I looked for one in town and all I could find was like $200.

mtownneon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    23 Jan 2008 08:19 PM
    The Nebulizer wrote:

I will definetely be there for Anual Tech. (that gives me 5 more minutes of sleep before each event! [:)])

$65 Dyno - that is a great price. I wish I could have run my SC'd 325Ci on there before I sold it. I looked for one in town and all I could find was like $200.

Just a note: a dyno 'run' is 3 pulls. I confused some people on another forum by wording it as 'runs' and they thought all they were getting was one pull for $65.00. These same folk complained that $65.00 was still too expensive!?

Brian and I are excited about it! This is going to be cool!

duck_hunter_117

--
    23 Jan 2008 10:17 PM

I am wanting to dyno my car but am unfamiliar with the process. I've heard that you usually run in 3rd gear to minimize loses in the drivetrain, since my car is a no-fun automatic will it still work ok? Is there enough time between runs to swap out an air filter, ignition coil, or something simple that just takes 1 minute or so? Thanks.

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    24 Jan 2008 12:32 PM
    I do believe we should have a nice 69 Mustang with a large 351C sitting under a shaker hood coming to dyno. It should prove interesting since he keeps telling me it's 450hp. I told him he was wrong!
    mtownneon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    24 Jan 2008 08:30 PM
    [quote]I am wanting to dyno my car but am unfamiliar with the process. I've heard that you usually run in 3rd gear to minimize loses in the drivetrain, since my car is a no-fun automatic will it still work ok? Is there enough time between runs to swap out an air filter, ignition coil, or something simple that just takes 1 minute or so? Thanks.

The most reliable results are done in the gear that is closest to one to one gear ratio. On most automatics that's 3rd gear or drive, with the overdrive shut off. On most manuals it's usually 4th gear. I don't see any problem with swapping simple items like an air filter element, simple quick, or as you're saying, 1 minute stuff.

[quote]I do believe we should have a nice 69 Mustang with a large 351C sitting under a shaker hood coming to dyno. It should prove interesting since he keeps telling me it's 450hp. I told him he was wrong!

That would be cool! But Bob, 351 c.i. isn't large in muscle car terms, that's still small. Now 440, 455, 429, those are large. Does he have anything to back that claim up? It's possible, but unless there's been some work done to the engine and it's been dialed in I'm afraid he might be a bit disappointed[:$]

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    25 Jan 2008 07:58 AM

Cleveland 4bbl heads, stainless valves, 800cfm holley, cam with around .590-600 lift, 2 1/8" primaries on the headers feeding down to 3.5" collectors, functional shaker hood, domed pistons and about 11:1 compression. THe car doesn't idle, it shakes the earth.

As for the size, well it may be small in displacement, but that is one heavy chunk-o-iron.

mtownneon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    25 Jan 2008 11:49 AM
    Bobzilla wrote:

Cleveland 4bbl heads, stainless valves, 800cfm holley, cam with around .590-600 lift, 2 1/8" primaries on the headers feeding down to 3.5" collectors, functional shaker hood, domed pistons and about 11:1 compression. THe car doesn't idle, it shakes the earth.

As for the size, well it may be small in displacement, but that is one heavy chunk-o-iron.

Without knowing the cam centerline, overlap, and cylinder pressure it could push out those numbers. Be interesting to see what kind of "power under the curve" it puts out.

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    25 Jan 2008 12:10 PM

Bobzilla wrote:
    I do believe we should have a nice 69 Mustang with a large 351C sitting under a shaker hood coming to dyno. It should prove interesting since he keeps telling me it's 450hp. I told him he was wrong!

Your friend's name isn't Ramsey is it? I have a friend with almost the same setup (I think his might be a '70 though) - he says about 450hp and it definitely rumbles like an earthquake.

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    25 Jan 2008 12:39 PM
    Nope. This car hasn't been on the road in over 2 years. We did a motor tear down, had the heads changed over to run unleaded, and rewired the entire car.
    Shahab323is

--
    01 Feb 2008 02:03 PM
    I think I remember reading that you had to attend 4 SCCA events in order to have an annual tech inspection. I only attended 3 SCCA events last summer, but Will I remember you telling me last year to get one done, so I want to go ahead and have that for this year, but am I eligible, or can I just attend one more event and have it done later?
    Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    01 Feb 2008 02:16 PM

Shahab323is wrote:
    I think I remember reading that you had to attend 4 SCCA events in order to have an annual tech inspection. I only attended 3 SCCA events last summer, but Will I remember you telling me last year to get one done, so I want to go ahead and have that for this year, but am I eligible, or can I just attend one more event and have it done later?

You are right, Shahab. 4 events within the past year to be eligible..

Full rules here: (http://www.indyscca.org/SoloFiles/s...lTech.pdf) This is the old document that needs updated, but the rules of Annual Tech will remain the same for 2008.

I still encourage you to come out and hang out / check out Performance Driven's new facility. They are a valuable sponsor of the solo program and the Indy Region. [:D]

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    01 Feb 2008 02:27 PM

I agree with WIll on coming out anyway. Give me a chance to remember which cars to fail later! [:P] I think it's going to be a good time for all, let's just hope for some good weather!

Shahab323is

--
    02 Feb 2008 02:34 PM

Of course I still want to come out and hang out with all you old geezers, just kidding, but I do want to come out and check out the shop and all the cars, and hang out with everyone. Just for clarification though I read on another forum that it was the 15th, but on here it says the 8th. Which one is it? I might not be able to make it on the 15th, because that's my birthday and I might be busy. Thanks again for all the help.

One more question. Will the 3 events I attended last season count towards the 4 in the past year. Or will I have to wait another season in order to get an annual tech done?

Thanks again.

mtownneon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    02 Feb 2008 02:39 PM

It's the 8th. It was first discussed as being on the 15th, but that date conflicted with the first Rally of the season so we moved it back to the 8th and combined it with the grand opening of the store.

we're looking forward to seeing everybody.[Y]

Shahab323is

--
    02 Feb 2008 02:40 PM
    mtownneon wrote:

It's the 8th. It was first discussed as being on the 15th, but that date conflicted with the first Rally of the season so we moved it back to the 8th and combined it with the grand opening of the store.

we're looking forward to seeing everybody.[Y]

Ok thanks for the clarification.

SopFu

--
    02 Feb 2008 03:27 PM

Is the rule 4 events with Indy, or 4 SCCA events? I don't think I did 4 Indy region events (I think I only did 1), but I did do about 15 SCCA sanctioned events - all autocrosses. I'll probably do more this year (both overall and with Indy) since I was gone for 3 months of the autocross season. I can probably provide results with my name on them if necessary.

mtownneon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    02 Feb 2008 03:50 PM
    SopFu wrote:

Is the rule 4 events with Indy, or 4 SCCA events? I don't think I did 4 Indy region events (I think I only did 1), but I did do about 15 SCCA sanctioned events - all autocrosses. I'll probably do more this year (both overall and with Indy) since I was gone for 3 months of the autocross season. I can probably provide results with my name on them if necessary.

The rule is 4 verifiable SCCA Solos in the current or previous year.

So yeah, you're eligible as long as you're an SCCA member and can provide proof of four of those Solos within the past year.

Here's a link to the supplimental rule from IndySCCA.org:

http://www.indyscca.org/SoloFiles/s...alTech.pdf

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    02 Feb 2008 05:04 PM
    If I have an Annual Tech done, and then modify something - is the Annual Tech Certification dropped? Or, can I just get that checked out somehow?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 41234 > >>

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner