Page 2 of 4 << < 1234 > >>
Author Messages
Eclipse2Lancer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
02 Feb 2008 05:33 PM

The Nebulizer wrote:
If I have an Annual Tech done, and then modify something - is the Annual Tech Certification dropped? Or, can I just get that checked out somehow?

From the above annual tech link:

"Modifications / Alterations: Significant modification to the car or if a car changes to a more
prepared class after Annual Tech is granted will require the car to be re-inspected."

Basically, talk to the Tech chief for 2008, Bob Miller, if you make any changes.

Eclipse2Lancer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
02 Feb 2008 05:35 PM
Shahab323is wrote:

One more question. Will the 3 events I attended last season count towards the 4 in the past year. Or will I have to wait another season in order to get an annual tech done?

Yes they count. [:)]

Shahab323is

--
02 Feb 2008 09:53 PM
Thanks Will!
gripfreak89

--
19 Feb 2008 08:27 AM
I think I'll be there since I want to see how much rwhp my car's making after some headwork I did to it (plus it's good some other goodies). I'm estimating 120-130. We'll see
hhammerly

--
26 Feb 2008 12:48 PM

I talked to a few people interested in using the dyno during the event and was wondering if there is a schedule sign up sheet of sorts to keep things moving along?

Eclipse2Lancer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
28 Feb 2008 12:29 PM

Reminder to check the Annual Tech rules before you come...if you are wanting to be Annual Tech'd that is.

Check here

duck_hunter_117

--
28 Feb 2008 12:45 PM
The rules say to have the primary dry tires mounted on the car. Does this mean I need to bring my r-comps and then switch them out, or is that not necessary since this is away from an event?
Eclipse2Lancer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
28 Feb 2008 12:56 PM

duck_hunter_117 wrote:
The rules say to have the primary dry tires mounted on the car. Does this mean I need to bring my r-comps and then switch them out, or is that not necessary since this is away from an event?

Since you run R-Comps normally, we don't expect you to bring them and change them (unless you really really want to). Please let Bob (Solo Tech Chief) know you normally run R-comps and will bring the car to him at the first event you attend to verify for tech purposes. We will mark your registration card as well with this note.

Oh...and thanks for reading the rules in advance! [:D]

Bobzilla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
28 Feb 2008 01:26 PM
That pretty much goes for everyone I believe if it's a cold, snowy day. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Eclipse2Lancer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
28 Feb 2008 02:56 PM

Bobzilla wrote:
That pretty much goes for everyone I believe if it's a cold, snowy day. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, you are right Solo Tech Chief.

Everyone: We are talking about Solo, by the way. If you are bring a Club race car.....that might be different. Contact the tech chief(s) for that program for clarification.

Racerlinn
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
28 Feb 2008 03:04 PM
Club Race Tech - tires are not teched. But if you want to avoid the squint-eye from the tech chief, round, black and no cords is your best bet.
brgmcs

--
28 Feb 2008 03:06 PM

Will the 2008 rule books be there? I'm on the list for one, but obviously don't have it yet.

I promise to show up on one of the (four) sets of wheels/tires I'll autocross with this season. Since I ran snow tires last weekend, that might include those if the weather is lousy. [8-)]

Eclipse2Lancer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
28 Feb 2008 03:19 PM
brgmcs wrote:

Will the 2008 rule books be there? I'm on the list for one, but obviously don't have it yet.

I promise to show up on one of the (four) sets of wheels/tires I'll autocross with this season. Since I ran snow tires last weekend, that might include those if the weather is lousy. [8-)]

That's a "maybe" on the Solo books.

Eclipse2Lancer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
04 Mar 2008 09:21 AM
Bump this for a reminder......Annual Tech day is this Saturday! [:D]
dbrier
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
05 Mar 2008 07:53 AM

I plan to be there for a while. I want to learn the new Registration system and Timing/Scoring.

I might even tech my car too. Hopefully my new turbo, IC and injectors will be on before the Indy season starts, but I'm not worried about a re-tech. Two of the three main tech guys will be working on the car. [Y]

Bobzilla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
05 Mar 2008 08:40 AM
You'd have 3 if you invited me. . . .
RonConrad
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
05 Mar 2008 08:44 AM

Do you need another tech inspector? I have an official SCCA Tech Inspector shirt [8-|] My Civic won't be there, I need a new distributor, and I took the liability coverage off while it is in winter storage. Will there be another chance to get an annual tech? My car should be back on the road by the first autocross at Indy.

Anyone know of any company looking for I.T. help? Currently looking for a new job (preferably near Bloomington, but would consider Indy positions), if so PM me.

See you Saturday!

Bobzilla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
05 Mar 2008 08:46 AM

Ron, I'm always looking for help. As for the chance to get annual, we'll be doing it the first 4 events this year, so get with me or one of the Jim's and we'll get you tech'd.

PM coming.

Eclipse2Lancer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
05 Mar 2008 08:51 AM
RonConrad wrote:

Do you need another tech inspector? I have an official SCCA Tech Inspector shirt [8-|] My Civic won't be there, I need a new distributor, and I took the liability coverage off while it is in winter storage. Will there be another chance to get an annual tech? My car should be back on the road by the first autocross at Indy.

Anyone know of any company looking for I.T. help? Currently looking for a new job (preferably near Bloomington, but would consider Indy positions), if so PM me.

See you Saturday!

....what Bob said. Please to be wearing cool tech inspektor shirt! See you on Saturday.

Annual Tech rules and specifics here: http://www.indyscca.org/SoloFiles/2...alTech.pdf

RonConrad
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
05 Mar 2008 09:48 AM

Thanks guys, my wife Brenda, and daughter Zoe will be there as well. Brenda, and I are licensed registrars so if you have Minor release forms there, we could sign them for folks with kids.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 4 << < 1234 > >>

Woodhouse Motorsports
SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner