You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 4 << < 1234
Author Messages
Bobzilla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
10 Mar 2008 10:26 AM

I probably shoulda listened to the wife and stayed home. I slept all afternoon when I got home.
The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
10 Mar 2008 12:06 PM

Bobzilla wrote:

I probably shoulda listened to the wife and stayed home. I slept all afternoon when I got home.

I think I got the same thing, Bob. I got home and discovered the chills I had been having all day were continuing inside my 70 degree house even with my winter coat and blanket - I thought it was just the cold weather and going in and out of the shops during the day that was making me cold. I had 102 fever and also passed out for the rest of the day. I hope I didn't get anyone sick. I would have stayed home had I realized I had more than just a sore throat. I had the flu shot, but I guess it didn't work for me.

It was a nice event. The Performance Driven shop looks so clean and fresh - Brian and Dave, you guys need to spill some oil around that place. Annual Tech is going to save me some time at each event - yes, now I can show up even later [:P] I will need to update my tech though as Performance Driven is working on my car this week (coilovers, bushings, alignment). The Dyno didn't work on my car completely. I had heard there may be an issue with M3s, but didn't get a chance to track down the solution - there is a rev limiter at 6500 for e46 M3s on dynos for some reason (it monitors front wheel speed). There is a series of tricks you have to do to get around this - but even then, it is running in 'emmisions mode' - whatever that means. 256hp at 6500rpm (with 1500rpm left) compares nicely with other healthy M3 dynos I found. I was mostly just glad to hear Geoff say it sounded nice and healthy at high RPMs. With crazy things done to the car like blue angel eyes wired into the turn signals, I was afraid the previous owner might have opened up the engine and dropped a wrench in there...

Here is a shot on the dyno as Luke ('drag') tried to help get the VTEC working (check out the driver's expression) - fortunately it was just an inexpensive piece that was broken.

Eclipse2Lancer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
10 Mar 2008 12:13 PM

lol....that's Steve Brinkerhoff. Expression is priceless!!

Luke is the right guy to have looking at your Honda engine.

balefire
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
10 Mar 2008 01:02 PM
The Nebulizer wrote:
II had the flu shot, but I guess it didn't work for me.

The flu vaccine this year was particularly mismatched. The flu vaccine is normally at least 70% effective. I've heard numbers as low as 40%. Don't give up on it though. Its smart to get it every year regardless.

The Nebulizer wrote:

The Dyno didn't work on my car completely. I had heard there may be an issue with M3s, but didn't get a chance to track down the solution - there is a rev limiter at 6500 for e46 M3s on dynos for some reason (it monitors front wheel speed). There is a series of tricks you have to do to get around this - but even then, it is running in 'emmisions mode' - whatever that means. 256hp at 6500rpm (with 1500rpm left) compares nicely with other healthy M3 dynos I found.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/foru...?t=203233.

I completely forgot about that. BMW engineers too smart for their own good. I wish I remembered for you that day.

Bobzilla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
10 Mar 2008 01:29 PM
I'm guessing my lucky streak held up and I missed out on door prizes?
DRAG

--
10 Mar 2008 04:52 PM

Good to see everyone, and thanks for the Annual Tech!! The shop was really nice and I wish Brian and Dave the best. Everyone think twice when you buy something online. It is important that we all support these local shops and keep them around for our benefit.

Steve is going to have one heck of a grin the first time he feels that S2000 motor on the big cam :D He need to put my little ricer burner motor in there...just shy of 400hp NA on an engine brake.

mtownneon
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
10 Mar 2008 09:14 PM

Sorry to hear Jason caught whatever Bob has. Next thing we know, Jason's trading the 'M' for an Elantra and begins to have odd cravings for Swifts and jelly doughnuts??????!

Steve was a little bummed that his car didn't perform on the dyno, but he got over it pretty quick, think he found the doughnuts Bob left behind.

Luke, thanks for the compliments and vote of confidence. Brian and I really are working hard to make our business a destination for all our fellow gearheads.

It was a blast, and we're working on some other things for later in the year. Next for us is the Indy Super Swap on the 30th sharing space with Indy SCCA.

BTW folks, we need help with the Indy SCCA booth. We need folk who can help set up on Saturday the 29th and folk to meet, greet, and smooze on behalf of the region on Sunday and help tear down after the event. Last year was a lot of fun and the display garnered a lot of attention for the region.

Anyone interested in helping, just contact Brian or myself at the shop (317-821-1548) or here on the board....

Cheers,

Dave

Bobzilla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
11 Mar 2008 07:49 AM

For the record I do not like Jelly doughnuts and the cravings for a 1800lb 100+hp car with a roof is not odd. . .

I've already got a couple people asking about another "cheap dyno day". . .any chances of that happeneing? I still want to get the Korean Powerhouse on the rollers.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 4 << < 1234

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner