You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
turbohappy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
21 Feb 2008 02:19 AM

Looks like it's out for member feedback as of March FasTrack...write your letter:

• The following listing change proposal has been provided by the STAC and is being published for member feedback: Add the BMW E46 M3 to class STU. (ref. 07-001)

The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
21 Feb 2008 11:49 AM
turbohappy wrote:

Looks like it's out for member feedback as of March FasTrack...write your letter:

• The following listing change proposal has been provided by the STAC and is being published for member feedback: Add the BMW E46 M3 to class STU. (ref. 07-001)

Thanks for the notice, Brian. It seems they can move pretty quickly on this sort of thing. I went ahead and began STU preparation (SMS for now) - just got coilovers instead of the R comps I was planning. I'll get my letter sent off soon. (Do you happen to know where it goes to? SEB address?) I don't know what more I can say beyond I agree with it and don't think the M3 would dominate in the class given the success of the STi and Evos at national level, but I will try to come up with something. So, if they got this rolling so quickly, I wonder if they might get something official in the next few months?

There were some other interesting ST proposals. Widen tires in STX for RWD and FWD to 265mm and remove the STX 'single' turbo limitation. (I wonder if this would open STX up for BMW 335i and 135i)?

dbrier
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
22 Feb 2008 07:41 AM

The BMWs aren't allowed to run STX because of the size of thier engines. Max displacement on a turbo charged engine is 2.0 L.

Anything larger than 2.0 goes to STU.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner