Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Eclipse2Lancer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
26 Feb 2008 01:07 PM
    Congrats and Thanks to Geoff Chambers for carrying the Indy Region flag at the Dixie National Tour in Georgia this past weekend.
    Geoff finished 6th out of 14 in STS2 (however, he was 1st among the Miatas in that class). Looks like those CRX's were pesky!

Nice job Geoff! [H]
    The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    26 Feb 2008 03:49 PM

Nice job, Geoff![Beer]

I don't suppose this was ice racing in Georgia... is there a link to the results somewhere? Was it all CRX's on the podium then?

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    26 Feb 2008 03:58 PM

Link to results: http://www.scca.com/documents/resul...ional1.pdf

It's on SCCA.com under the Solo section, National Tour.

GChambers
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    27 Feb 2008 05:37 PM

Thanks guys. We were a bit overweight, underpowered and under geared in the Miata. A few more HP and some 16in wheels/tires and we may have been a little closer but not close enough. Those CRX guys were easily 5 of the top 10 in the country and their cars are all very well prepped. Combine that with the course design and there was no beating them.

I didn't get a run in the car until my first competitive run. Travis Roebuck was kind enough to let me take a few practice runs in his very quick STS Civic on Friday to knock out the cobwebs. Those were my first competitive runs in an autocross car since the Worker Invitational in November. Also, huge thanks to Chuck for the ride down and back.

GChambers
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 Feb 2008 09:41 AM

BTW, I was not the only Indy region member there. We have a few new members. Chuck McMillion and Travis Roebuck are now Indy Region members as well.

Welcome to the region Travis and Chuck. I look forward to running against you guys in the X Class.

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    28 Feb 2008 10:21 AM
    GChambers wrote:

BTW, I was not the only Indy region member there. We have a few new members. Chuck McMillion and Travis Roebuck are now Indy Region members as well.

Welcome to the region Travis and Chuck. I look forward to running against you guys in the X Class.

Wow, I did not know that! Two defectors from the Fort! [H] I believe Ron Conrad is also an Indy Region member now....so 3 that we know of!!!

Glad to have you guys representing our region.....and since Geoff has hinted that you will be running X, I also look forward to competing against you in that class.

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 Feb 2008 11:01 AM

No. . . Travis, although he's a nice guy, is not allowed. Only if he carries 800lbs of ballast on his roof is he allowed to run in STS.

Aw crap. .. Welcome guys!

turbohappy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    28 Feb 2008 12:34 PM
    Bobzilla wrote:

No. . . Travis, although he's a nice guy, is not allowed. Only if he carries 800lbs of ballast on his roof is he allowed to run in STS.

The rumor from Geoff is that he'll be running X. Welcome new members!

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 Feb 2008 01:23 PM
    Why didn't you say so! . . .well then come on down!!! [:P]
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner