Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Bobzilla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
11 Mar 2008 09:57 AM

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-SUZUKI-SWIFT-GTi-LOTS-OF-EXTRAS-L-K_W0QQitemZ230231213951QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230231213951]The ONE [/url]

All donations are accepted. Am even willing to become "slave boy".

Seriously, thoughts on this as an STS car?

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11 Mar 2008 10:38 AM
    DEWWWWW EEEEETTTTT!!!! [H]
    Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    11 Mar 2008 10:43 AM
    So how much can I put you down for? $1500 sound good?
    Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11 Mar 2008 10:46 AM

Bobzilla wrote:
    So how much can I put you down for? $1500 sound good?

I've got $1.05 worth of change in my drawer that you can have.

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    11 Mar 2008 10:54 AM
    SWEET! Best donattion I've recieved to date!
    The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    11 Mar 2008 11:07 AM

Does it have to be cash?

I have half a burrito I coud donate (just don't ask what happened to the other half) - plus one packet of mild hot sauce - unopened, but shows a lot of wear.

That car is dying for some racing stripes or vinyl. Maybe something tribal or hardcore - fire is always nice. The combination I have always wanted to do is wood panel on fire!!!

So, Bob, can you state the case for this car again? I know you said something about power to weight of a Lotus or something? Is that possible?

If you really want this car, don't bid until the end. Pick your absolute maximum and plop that number down within the last minute of the sale. Especially for an unusual car like this, you don't want to drive up the price with some other craz... errr, outside-of-the-box thinker.

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    11 Mar 2008 11:24 AM

1800lbs, 103hp stock, aftermarket support I don't have now, small as a civic, lighter and has the ability to scream.

I think once I got tired of beating Brian every week for a year, I'd do a 1.6L Shortblock and an LSD, add some Hoosiers and join you SM guys for some fun. 150hp, 1700lbs (I can pull some more non-essesntial stuff :D ) and race slicks.

Andy Ucter

--
    11 Mar 2008 11:42 AM
    THAT'S RACIST!!!
    Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    11 Mar 2008 12:50 PM
    That I would be whooping Brian every race? Or because it's white? I like white because it doesn't show dirt. . . and all the cool people drive white cars in STS.
    Andy Ucter

--
    11 Mar 2008 03:33 PM

are you sure the swift.... is classed into STS???

want to go in halvesies.. and co-drive to STS dominance (at least locally) ???

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    11 Mar 2008 03:41 PM

Now you got my interest. . . continue.

I still think the right car and right driver this could be the car to dethrone the Civics. It's got all the right numbers, low weight, comparable power, suspension pieces avaialable, correct tire sizes in the right brands. I think really low production numbers in the US (somewhere around 1500 IIRC) has kept it from being a contender.

Racerlinn
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11 Mar 2008 03:57 PM
    You boys probably don't know about the history of Mr. Brinkerhoff and Suzuki's....you need to ask him sometime.
    Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    11 Mar 2008 04:01 PM
    He was tellin me some of his fun in HS with his. . . just made me want one even worse!
    SopFu

--
    11 Mar 2008 06:23 PM

Reminds me of my first car: 92 Geo Metro with the 1.3L 3 cylinder and an automatic. I remember getting it up to 78 mph once, 5 teenagers in the car, going downhill with the wind. It was a rush!

That would be a sweet car to autocross, and a fun daily. I'm in the do-it category, too.

dbrier
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    13 Mar 2008 12:52 PM

Item removed by eBay. Can't see it anymore.

I always had a thing for the Swift GTis.

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    13 Mar 2008 01:37 PM
    Yeah, it disappeared at 10am this morning. lowered. adjustable shocks, rear sway bar, strut bars, lower support brace, header, exhaust and super clean. Oh, and it was White.
    The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    13 Mar 2008 02:11 PM

[:'(]What??? When was it supposed to end?

I hate when that happens. Was there anything potentially shady about the seller or deal? Do you think he took an offer?

Sorry, Bob, that stinks. I wanted to see what you could do with it.

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    13 Mar 2008 02:20 PM

Wife wasn't interested anyway. Just gotta wait. There's still a red one stiiting off of Lafeyette Rd north of 465. . . maybe I can get that one in a year or so.

I've already decided that I'll scour the country next year looking for one because this [b][u][i]IS[/b][/u][/i] what I've decided to build for an STS car. . . maybe even a 1.6L, LSD SM car down the road.

duck_hunter_117

--
    17 Apr 2008 04:41 PM
    Bobzilla wrote:

Wife wasn't interested anyway. Just gotta wait. There's still a red one stiiting off of Lafeyette Rd north of 465. . . maybe I can get that one in a year or so.

I've already decided that I'll scour the country next year looking for one because this [b][u][i]IS[/b][/u][/i] what I've decided to build for an STS car. . . maybe even a 1.6L, LSD SM car down the road.

Did you see this?

http://sccaforums.com/forums/1/2958...spx#295807
    Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    17 Apr 2008 05:12 PM
    Yeah, I saw it on TeamSwift before it was posted here. $8500 is WAY too high. . .but it's amazing!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner