Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
mtownneon
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
26 Mar 2008 09:19 AM

Does anyone have any DVD or VCR tapes of their exploits within the region that they'd be willing to loan for the Indy Region SCCA display this Sunday? Solo, Club, Rally, anything would be appreciated.

We do have some promotional material but it's getting a little dated and it's generic. It'd be cool to show folks the courses and sites we run.

Contact me either through the forum, at the shop, 317-821-1597, or my cell phone, 317-512-3208

Cheers,

Dave

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    26 Mar 2008 10:04 AM

I've got a few in-car Solo II videos from last season. The quality is not so great since I was using my 10 year old camcorder (later switched to webcam-hack) - and to be honest, it can be sort of hard to tell what is going on for a newcomer, but I could try to get some organization and put it onto a DVD-R.

Unfortunately, no shots from outside a car.

Here is an example of the best quality of video I have (others are even worse)...

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=RK0WKIST

and in this one I spun out... (not sure if you want to show that to newcomers or not - you could say this is about the worst thing that can happen to you...)

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=1XSGY83J

Next year I should have much better videos thanks to my new cheap little camcorder. Would you want video from other regions? I might be able to get permission to use some nice videos from other people.

Let me know if any of this will work and what you would like. I should have video from most of the sites we ran last year - but it will take me a fair amount of time to get it all organized, so I will wait to hear back from you before undertaking this project

mtownneon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    26 Mar 2008 10:44 AM

Any you want to supply would be great! Honestly, most of the folk viewing these this weekend probably aren't going to notice how good or bad any of it is, just that a car is going fast somehow.

Your vids didn't download for me, all I got were ads for 'Adult Friend Finder'?! Good thing the work computer isn't monitored LOL.

Any help is appreciated.....

Cheers,

Dave

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    26 Mar 2008 11:48 AM

Press the play button below the advertisement. (the one in the advertisement works too, but I think it brings up a pop-up for 'friend finder')

It doesn't start automatically anymore - they just added those advertisements on that site.

duck_hunter_117

--
    26 Mar 2008 11:54 AM
    Here are some videos made by Brian Meyer with his Fiero at Columbus that might look good on a DVD. All the videos are in car but have a clear field of vision to see what is going on.

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?p...amp;page=1
    The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    26 Mar 2008 12:25 PM
    It would be cool if we could get a professional (or semi-professional) video shot to advertise Solo II racing in Indy. We could add it to the website to draw people in. Maybe add a little text to help explain the event workings. I would like to try to get some videos from the sidelines and paddock (sp?) this year, but I am sure anything I could do would look horrible compared to a professional.
    kar120c

--
    26 Mar 2008 01:41 PM

Professionals and semi-professionals will want to be paid for their efforts in most cases. Speaking from recent experience that can be expensive. There are some pretty nice autocross videos on the internet, maybe we just link to those.

Swap meet guys...does it have to be DVD/VCR? or could we drive it off a laptop? If we can drive from laptop then you could have several of the good videos downloaded and ready to play.

Phil

mtownneon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    26 Mar 2008 01:49 PM
    Yeah, we can do that too. I hadn't thought of it. Was just thinking in terms of a dvd/video player I have.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner