AspireTec Engineering  468
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 03 Apr 2008 11:34 AM by  gripfreak89
2008 Columbus SoloII #1 (March 30th: Walesboro)
 36 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
rboone

--
26 Mar 2008 02:31 PM

I think I'm going to go and watch to see what I can learn. Just wondered who was going to be there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Nebulizer EDIT: (sorry to steal your post...)

Summary: It was a rainy, cold day and the course was soaked throughout. But, there were a surprisingly high number of competitors (49) and several novices. Randy Hall designed a fast, long course using the main straight with 4 slalom sections, 4 garages, and a turn around (through a deep puddle). He probably didn't realize how wet his course was going to get. The slalom over the slick section was especially brutal. At least 4 cars went off course including Jay Nogan's GTI, Rob Morelli's XP Mini, and my M3 (but Paul was driving [:P] ) - Lee Miller was one of many to do a spectacular spin out. Jay will have to work to get all that mud out of his interior. Warren had car failure after his first run and I believe a CRX may have had trouble too - but thankfully no major carnage. It was a cold, wet start to the autocross season, but the racing was quite fun under the challenging conditions. There were a few slow downs to pull out cars and occasional trouble finding the proper cone placement, but everyone got a chance to do 5 runs and the event was over by 4pm.

Conditions: Very wet course with standing puddles, temperature in the 40s

Results: http://www.cscc-scca.org/

FTD: Kevin Kent (STU) 53.979

PAX 1st: Kevin Kent (STU)

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    26 Mar 2008 04:10 PM

Wanted to. Unfortunately a friend is pulling the "I helped you now it's your turn" card for sunday.

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    26 Mar 2008 04:24 PM

I am planning to go and Paul (balefire) will be co-driving the M3. Its starting to look like it might be a wet day[st]

I can't recall if you said you had not autocrossed before - if you haven't this would be a great time (aside from possible rain) to get a first run in. If not this week, then next week at 16th street for sure in the fun run warmup event.

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    26 Mar 2008 04:33 PM

Oh sweet! I did my first moderator edit! (Chris must have fixed this. Beware all!!! I can change anything you type now [6] , this will explain why suddenly everyone starts posting how cool I am... )

I fixed the day of the week in the title from Saturday to Sunday (wouldn't want anyone showing up on the wrong day).

RonConrad
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    26 Mar 2008 06:16 PM
    Replaced my Distributor last weekend, my goal is to make it Sunday so I can shake out the bugs. For some reason, my Tachometer, fuel gauge, and turn signals don't work. My shift light works. Anyone ever encounter this in their Civic or CRX? Checked fuses...bad ground? Anyone a mechanic near Bloomington?
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    27 Mar 2008 01:12 PM
    rboone wrote:

I think I'm going to go and watch to see what I can learn. Just wondered who was going to be there.

I'll be there. I might not be the car to watch if you want to learn. Just a warning.

GChambers
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    27 Mar 2008 03:36 PM

I'll be there unless the weather is complete shit.

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    27 Mar 2008 04:23 PM

Not going....helping to promote our region at the Fairgrounds Swap Meet on Sunday. [:D]

Besides, not sure Brian and I will have the car ready yet.

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    27 Mar 2008 06:27 PM
    Eclipse2Lancer wrote:

Not going....helping to promote our region at the Fairgrounds Swap Meet on Sunday. [:D]

Yeah, it stinks they are both on the same day. I'd like to help out, but I am really anxious to get on the track. I already let myself go too far on the street the other day (an Evo VII was taunting me on Meridian at 116th and I couldn't help myself - I won't bore you with the result... [H], but - it was wrong of me [:$])

brgmcs

--
    27 Mar 2008 08:39 PM

I'm going, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to compete. The power steering pump in the MINI crapped out this morning, after never having a problem before. Driving a power steering rack minus the power part stinks at low speed.[:'(]

I'll be there to work and get the Timing and Scoring sheets so I can enter them that night. If someone wants a co-driver I'll be the one waving my hand to volunteer for the seat!!!! [A] May be the same story at 16th St too, which is a lousy way to kick the season off.

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    27 Mar 2008 10:28 PM
    brgmcs wrote:

I'm going, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to compete. The power steering pump in the MINI crapped out this morning, after never having a problem before. Driving a power steering rack minus the power part stinks at low speed.[:'(]

I'll be there to work and get the Timing and Scoring sheets so I can enter them that night. If someone wants a co-driver I'll be the one waving my hand to volunteer for the seat!!!! [A] May be the same story at 16th St too, which is a lousy way to kick the season off.

Crappy timing. I know all about driving a power steering rack minus power as my old mitsu (daily driver) has been this way for a year (its even worse with leaky tires).

I have a co-driver already for this event, but someone should jump on the chance to have a very good driver give them a free in car lesson.

gilpatt

--
    28 Mar 2008 08:50 AM

I'll be there in my Srt4 it looks like its going to be in the 60's

Pat Gilbert 31 SRT4

GChambers
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 Mar 2008 03:18 PM
    brgmcs wrote:

Scott, if you want, you can co-drive with me if Gus doesn't come. Only thing is, I just changed the springs in the front suspension and I have no clue how the car is going to handle. It may be a liiiiiiiiiiittle bit loose..[6]

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 Mar 2008 03:58 PM
    brgmcs wrote:

. If someone wants a co-driver I'll be the one waving my hand to volunteer for the seat!!!! [A] May be the same story at 16th St too, which is a lousy way to kick the season off.

Scott, you're welcome for the 16th St event in my car. It might actually turn now!

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--

I thought I would write another post just to let everyone here know that 'The Nebulizer' is the coolest guy in the world.

BTW this is NOT an edit of the original post that appeared 3 times again...

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--

This post is to emphasize the importance of the post I made just before this one... I know this is my third post in a row, but come on - how cool is 'The Nebulizer'? He deserves 2 posts.

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 Mar 2008 04:20 PM
    Bobzilla wrote:

This post is to emphasize the importance of the post I made just before this one... I know this is my third post in a row, but come on - how cool is 'The Nebulizer'? He deserves 2 posts.

Geez, Bob, calm down, dude. [:O]

I thought we agreed you would limit these posts to private messages.

(My mod powers don't allow me to delete repeated posts, but at least I can edit them... [6] )

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 Mar 2008 04:52 PM
    I think I'm going to have to reportthis as an abuse of power. . . everyone knows I don't like BMW's! :P
    SopFu

--
    28 Mar 2008 05:04 PM
    brgmcs wrote:

May be the same story at 16th St too, which is a lousy way to kick the season off.

I'm not sure if I'll be at Columbus, but I'd be quite appreciative if you would co-drive in my SM2 Miata at 16th st. It'd be nice to see what kind of times a capable driver could do. No race tires, but RE-01Rs.

Sean

duck_hunter_117

--
    28 Mar 2008 08:12 PM
    I'll be there this weekend with Joel Harleman as my co-driver. (Fingers crossed for no rain)
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner