You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
turbohappy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
29 Mar 2008 01:17 AM
You almost didn't have to worry about Will, I almost wrecked the car a minute ago. I guess I should have pumped the brakes a few times after putting on new pads and rotors before pulling down my steep driveway. Doh! All was OK though, you all still must fear the shitvic!
Bobzilla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
29 Mar 2008 06:37 AM
It had to be from the guy putting on the right side pads/rotors. . . I think I remember the guy putting on the lefts mentioning something about pumping the brakes. Not sure who he is, but he seemed smart [:P]
GChambers
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
04 Apr 2008 05:37 PM

11 quality X-Class participants are signed up so far...

Whoever wins this one is gonna earn it. [Y]

Eclipse2Lancer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
22 Apr 2008 12:08 PM
GChambers wrote:

11 quality X-Class participants are signed up so far...

Whoever wins this one is gonna earn it. [Y]

Almost forgot about this thread......what was that about "earning it"? Nice job, car owner Brian.

Now I know how much brake I can use.....you are in trouble. And by "you" I mean the cones.

See you on the 27th.....maybe the 26th too?? muwahahaha [:D]

The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
22 Apr 2008 02:10 PM
Eclipse2Lancer wrote:
Now I know how much brake I can use.....you are in trouble. And by "you" I mean the cones.

Yeah, whenever I do a ride along, I am surprised how hard people slam on the brakes (like Sunday in a Corvette). I am working on smoothness now, but maybe I need to also work on hitting the brakes a little harder. Maybe it is not so much I don't brake early enough, but I don't brake hard enough. I'll give it a try.

turbohappy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
22 Apr 2008 02:14 PM
The Nebulizer wrote:

Yeah, whenever I do a ride along, I am surprised how hard people slam on the brakes (like Sunday in a Corvette). I am working on smoothness now, but maybe I need to also work on hitting the brakes a little harder. Maybe it is not so much I don't brake early enough, but I don't brake hard enough. I'll give it a try.

Just remember, easy on, easy off. But when you are on, be ON. Even more important in a heavy car (a lot of places I don't have to brake enough to ever hit the limit).

turbohappy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
22 Apr 2008 02:16 PM
Eclipse2Lancer wrote:

Almost forgot about this thread......what was that about "earning it"? Nice job, car owner Brian.

Thanks. We'll see if I can do it when it actually counts [;)] I'll just fill the cones with concrete so they won't fall over.

Eclipse2Lancer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
22 Apr 2008 02:17 PM
The Nebulizer wrote:
Eclipse2Lancer wrote:

Slamming and squeezing hard are 2 different things. If you pay closer attention, I bet they are squeezing hard.....at least that's what you are supposed to do. [;)]

Slamming the brakes will make the car's balance go wacky......plus you use up the front tire's traction pretty quick (remember the traction circle).

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button
SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner