Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
cashmo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
30 Mar 2008 11:36 PM

The Milwaukee region website has info on the April 19th Solo/Autocross drivers school at Miller Park. A prior SCCA membership is NOT required.

www.scca-milwaukee.org also has info on the Quad region road racing drivers school April 25th at Blackhawk Farms Raceway in Beloit, WI. Membership IS required.

Go here for membership info

Thanks,

Jeff Cashmore

CivicSista

--
    06 Apr 2008 06:21 PM
    I'll be at the Drivers School the last weekend in April at Blackhawk. :)
    Weasel Keeper

--
    04 May 2008 12:04 PM

I participated in the Blackhawk Farms school weekend. :) Man, what a rush! My first time ever driving a race car, but with the great training from my driver's instructor...and the great students who kept their cool and ran safely while still being quick...very cool!

CivicSista, I was driving the Green Neon (AKA "Snot Rocket") and was pretty impressed with your lines. I even mentioned it to my instructor when he came up after a few sessions. I spent most of the first day following you around and watching what you were doing because you were very smooth. Then I realized I had a very good braking car after I figured out how to properly downshift and brake...heh. When I figured out I could be as quick as the Miatas I started pushing harder and my adrenaline rush was pegged after the second day.

Wish I could have stayed for the Sunday Regional race but my wife's car broke while I was at the school (figures!) so I had to get back to Indiana.

Very cool weekend though!

CivicSista

--
    04 May 2008 06:04 PM
    Weasel Keeper wrote:

I participated in the Blackhawk Farms school weekend. :) Man, what a rush! My first time ever driving a race car, but with the great training from my driver's instructor...and the great students who kept their cool and ran safely while still being quick...very cool!

CivicSista, I was driving the Green Neon (AKA "Snot Rocket") and was pretty impressed with your lines. I even mentioned it to my instructor when he came up after a few sessions. I spent most of the first day following you around and watching what you were doing because you were very smooth. Then I realized I had a very good braking car after I figured out how to properly downshift and brake...heh. When I figured out I could be as quick as the Miatas I started pushing harder and my adrenaline rush was pegged after the second day.

Wish I could have stayed for the Sunday Regional race but my wife's car broke while I was at the school (figures!) so I had to get back to Indiana.

Very cool weekend though!

I had a blast with you the first day out. You in front, me in front I was racing! ha ha second day, and race all I did was get passed. I need to brake more and more deep.

Saturday I was on less then half a pad with spacers behind them. Sunday for the race I had brakes again, good to know people in high places that can hook me up at 11pm on a saturday :)

I have some great pictures of you on my photo site. http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/...?start=all

Hope to see you out there again, I'll be at the double regional at Road America end of this month. see you there! Stop by and say hello this time

Weasel Keeper

--
    04 May 2008 10:32 PM

Cool pictures and great action shots.

I mainly did the school for a 24 hour race at Nelson Ledges, Ohio in August (Longest Day At Nelson 08).

http://www.nelsonledges.com/LONGESTDAY.aspx

The guy who owns the Green Neon needed a couple more drivers for the enduro and knew I was interested in maybe driving for him. Last year I did F&C at Mid Ohio once so he figured I'd be a shoe in for a driving hitch...hehe. I'm not sure if I'll be doing many regionals before then, but he's mentioned maybe he and I running at either RA or Gingerman sometime this year (he's done well at both courses). I'll be sure to look for you if I do.

Jay

CivicSista

--
    09 May 2008 04:40 PM
    Weasel Keeper wrote:

Cool pictures and great action shots.

I mainly did the school for a 24 hour race at Nelson Ledges, Ohio in August (Longest Day At Nelson 08).

http://www.nelsonledges.com/LONGESTDAY.aspx

The guy who owns the Green Neon needed a couple more drivers for the enduro and knew I was interested in maybe driving for him. Last year I did F&C at Mid Ohio once so he figured I'd be a shoe in for a driving hitch...hehe. I'm not sure if I'll be doing many regionals before then, but he's mentioned maybe he and I running at either RA or Gingerman sometime this year (he's done well at both courses). I'll be sure to look for you if I do.

Jay

Fun fun. I know gingerman very well have done many track days there. Maybe I'll see you out there.

Weasel Keeper

--
    12 May 2008 12:25 PM
    Oh, and I hope you don't mind I used one of your pictures for my avatar. If you have a problem with it I'll remove it...but I did leave your car in front. [:P]
    CivicSista

--
    15 May 2008 01:51 AM

Weasel Keeper wrote:
    Oh, and I hope you don't mind I used one of your pictures for my avatar. If you have a problem with it I'll remove it...but I did leave your car in front. [:P]

Yeah its cool, I am probably getting passed in that picture.

Weasel Keeper

--
    15 May 2008 10:15 AM
    Nope. I looked at your sequence of shots for that picture and I think it was my first time "testing the waters" to see how deep I could drive into that corner and you held the position through the corner. I think it was the next lap I got by. [;)]
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner