AspireTec Engineering  468
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 14 Apr 2008 01:16 PM by  duck_hunter_117
2008 Indy Solo #0 (April 6th: 16th Street - Fun Event)
 65 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 4 << < 1234 > >>
Author Messages
gripfreak89

--
03 Apr 2008 11:44 AM

Phil,

I'm glad that, like you said, we're gonna use the same course we used last year for the fun event. I remember some of it and it was really a fun course.

I'll be there and so will Braian, we're driving his miata. He's getting the turbo system and ECU to finally do what he needs it to do, to the point were launch control and no-lift-shift are working and it's really spooling faster and, above 4000 rpms it's really got some punch. Plus he got a torsen diff. installed.

As for my and my DP miata, I was sent the wrong wheels so it's gonna be a couple more weeks till it's ready.

GChambers
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
04 Apr 2008 05:33 PM
gripfreak89 wrote:

Phil,

I'm glad that, like you said, we're gonna use the same course we used last year for the fun event. I remember some of it and it was really a fun course.

I'll be there and so will Braian, we're driving his miata. He's getting the turbo system and ECU to finally do what he needs it to do, to the point were launch control and no-lift-shift are working and it's really spooling faster and, above 4000 rpms it's really got some punch. Plus he got a torsen diff. installed.

As for my and my DP miata, I was sent the wrong wheels so it's gonna be a couple more weeks till it's ready.

Hmmmm...

A set of 275/35/15 Hoosiers and his car could be a contender.

Bobzilla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
04 Apr 2008 05:40 PM

Just a quick reminder:

ALL FLOORMATS MUST BE REMOVED BEFORE COMING TO TECH!

Thank you!

DRAG

--
04 Apr 2008 09:55 PM
I have a long day of drag racing tomorrow, but I SHOULD be there Sunday to see how this new POS runs. See you there as long as I'm still in one piece after tomorrow.
dbrier
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
05 Apr 2008 05:43 PM

I'm ready, even cleaned the car. Notice the new class?

SCCAForums Image

GChambers
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
05 Apr 2008 09:05 PM

Nice wheels.

SMS is gonna be a fun class to watch.

The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
05 Apr 2008 09:35 PM

I am not sure how pre-registration works exactly, but Paul Chrisostomo (balefire) pre-registered but will not be able to make it as his wife just had a baby girl - for some reason he is letting that get in the way of his racing [:P]

Congrats Paul!![<:o)]

(I guess that means my car is safe this event... )

dbrier
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
07 Apr 2008 07:45 AM

If you pre-register and don't make it, your entry is easily deleted at the end. Entries are sorted by who paid, then those that didn't pay are removed. Takes about a minute or less.

Results are up! www.indyscca.org

Eclipse2Lancer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
07 Apr 2008 08:06 AM

Thanks everyone for all your help at the event!! It was much appreciated.....I could name names....but would be afraid to leave someone out because there were so many.

Next event the driver's meeting should start on time, as we now have a good base in the new T & S software. That was the hold up in the morning. Didn't want to end the driver's meeting without knowing the run / work order. [:D]

mtownneon
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
07 Apr 2008 09:40 AM

Man, what a great day yesterday was! It was great seeing so many new faces and cars at the event.

To all the folk who came to our event for the first time yesterday, thank you! I hope y'all had a good time and make our autocrosses a regular thing you must do. It's a healthy addiction I tell ya!

Some observations from yesterday:

Jack Tovey not finishing last in Super Stock in a Yaris! Better than that, that his times were competitive against a pair of Turbo 911's!

The decision to create a street tire class for Street Mod was a good idea. 21 entries and the times reveal it was a good tight field of cars and drivers. That was THE class to be in yesterday.

Someone other than Geoff Chambers claimed X Class honors. Way to go Brian! it's going to be fun to see if a good rivalry gets started between you and Geoff. Get some Honduh stickers on that cone so it doesn't look so much like a shrine to Mazda any longer!

And finally, man do I need a set of tires! Guess there was nothing left in the ol' Kooks. Sorry to all the corner workers I made work so hard.

Peace out!

Dave

rboone

--
07 Apr 2008 09:43 AM

Wow, what a great day. Thanks to everyone for all the help and advice, especially Mike and Brian who rode with me and gave me a lot of pointers. It was a big learning day for me and I am going to continue learning as much as I can while I have some great fun. I am absolutely hooked. I was so wound up I had trouble sleeping last night.

Great group of people.

Randy Boone

Racerlinn
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
07 Apr 2008 10:06 AM

My thanks to Will and Mike to allow me to make my "exhibition" run at the end of the day.

While you were all having fun, I went home after the drivers meeting and thrashed on the car and got the transaxle re-installed and everything buttoned up in time for a test drive back down to 16th Street. Nothing fell of the car thankfully and I do still have some tuning to do, but it was a successful test run.

turbohappy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
07 Apr 2008 10:34 AM
mtownneon wrote:
Jack Tovey not finishing last in Super Stock in a Yaris! Better than that, that his times were competitive against a pair of Turbo 911's!

Definitely. Obviously Tovey hasn't lost it at all, just isn't as quick in the Viper as you might expect.
mtownneon wrote:
The decision to create a street tire class for Street Mod was a good idea. 21 entries and the times reveal it was a good tight field of cars and drivers. That was THE class to be in yesterday.

Definitely. Most everyone who would normally run SM or in xSP was running in SMS.
mtownneon wrote:
Someone other than Geoff Chambers claimed X Class honors. Way to go Brian! it's going to be fun to see if a good rivalry gets started between you and Geoff. Get some Honduh stickers on that cone so it doesn't look so much like a shrine to Mazda any longer!

There's a first time for everything [:)] First time I've ever been #1 PAX overall! We'll see if I can do it in a "real" event.
Andy Ucter

--
07 Apr 2008 10:44 AM

turbohappy wrote:
First time I've ever been #1 PAX overall!

you deserved it mang. and you did so with fierce competition. it's such a rush getting your first FTD!!!

also noting.. i think a real winner yesterday was LUKE.. something like 1.5 seconds behind in STU raw times.. for someone as green as he is, is an accomplishment!

good job!

turbohappy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
07 Apr 2008 10:45 AM

Andy Ucter wrote:
also noting.. i think a real winner yesterday was LUKE.. something like 1.5 seconds behind in STU raw times.. for someone as green as he is, is an accomplishment!

Brand new car too! Damn good for a drag racer [;)]

The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
07 Apr 2008 12:37 PM
rboone wrote:

Wow, what a great day. Thanks to everyone for all the help and advice, especially Mike and Brian who rode with me and gave me a lot of pointers. It was a big learning day for me and I am going to continue learning as much as I can while I have some great fun. I am absolutely hooked. I was so wound up I had trouble sleeping last night.

Great group of people.

Randy Boone

M coupe (... drool.... ):

Randy, I never got a chance to track you down and say hello, but I got some nice HDvideo of you running the course - I got several cars from the first run group on about 3rd run. (I just have to figure out how I can break up the 250GB files I have. I can't even play them back on my anemic computer - let alone edit them. Time for some more RAM.) Beautiful M coupe. I'd love to get a ride along with you sometime to experience the mighty S54 engine in a small package. You love your car a lot more now don't you?

turbohappy wrote:
First time I've ever been #1 PAX overall!

And, you did it on your 3rd fastest run (cones on the 2 under 40seconds) - thanks for the ride along tips. [Y] I think I need to buy some cones and find an empty lot to practice not getting behind on my slaloms...

Andy Ucter wrote:

good job!

The New STU guys:

Luke (DRAG) and Nick (Locked) both had great runs in STU. Nick, do you have any previous experience? Or, are you just naturally great at it (isn't this like your 2nd event?). You guys are kicking my butt - moving to STU is going to be rough. I think at least Luke should leave and go to Xclass [:P]

It was a great event. Too many people though - I wanted another run or two!!

Mrs. The Nebulizer:

I forced Mrs. The Nebulizer to ride with me (I have been telling her all offseason that she had to ride with me one time). She was surprisingly quiet through the run, then afterwards she opened her eyes - then her mouth... and told me I am no longer allowed to do this. I am going to kill someone or myself and destroy my car... She struggled to watch the next 2 runs I did from the sidelines... I did get her to watch the video later though - so maybe she will come around a bit.

Mod Talk in front of the wives:

This almost warranted a thread of its own... no talk of mods in front of Mrs. The Nebulizer!!! (Remember: my car is totally stock!!! I haven't wasted any money on it and autocross doesn't eat up tires - they were already old and worn out...) Come on guys, we have to support each other... [:P]

The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
07 Apr 2008 02:34 PM

1st post updated with some post-race details.

I just got an idea for something else I would like to add in the future. Top break-out performances. This will give racers acknowledgement for big improvement. I have a system in mind for how this will work based on a new ranking system I am going build off of PAX results. The top certain # of largest changes from their average performance will get highlighted. I'll probably make a post that will have all this info in it if others want to check it out. (I know my biggest concern is that I am improving.)

rboone

--
07 Apr 2008 03:25 PM

Jason,

I saw you a couple of times, but you seemed busy so i didn't want to bother you. I was still trying to get my bearings on everything that was going on. I'm very partial to the e46 coupe as I had a 2000 328ci. Your car is hot.

I'd love to see the tape sometime. If it was my 3rd run, my DSC kicked in 5 or 6 times. Then I tried to make up time and wiped out two cones. For my 4th run I turned the DSC off and then boy did I have a tiger by the tail. The car was faster, but I was not quite prepared and I about lost it twice.

All in all a great day. I can't remember when I have had more fun. You are more than welcome to ride along, but I think you will find the coupe is not as light as you think.

I might scare you to death. I'm learning, but I have a long way to go.

Randy

turbohappy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
07 Apr 2008 03:26 PM

The Nebulizer wrote:
And, you did it on your 3rd fastest run (cones on the 2 under 40seconds) - thanks for the ride along tips. [Y] I think I need to buy some cones and find an empty lot to practice not getting behind on my slaloms...

Yeah, pretty crazy. Do NOT just go autocrossing in an empty lot. DO go to a test & tune event...usually get a bunch of cracks at the same course (like 15 or 20), cost is usually like $50.

Eclipse2Lancer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
07 Apr 2008 03:43 PM
rboone wrote:

Jason,

I saw you a couple of times, but you seemed busy so i didn't want to bother you. I was still trying to get my bearings on everything that was going on. I'm very partial to the e46 coupe as I had a 2000 328ci. Your car is hot.

I'd love to see the tape sometime. If it was my 3rd run, my DSC kicked in 5 or 6 times. Then I tried to make up time and wiped out two cones. For my 4th run I turned the DSC off and then boy did I have a tiger by the tail. The car was faster, but I was not quite prepared and I about lost it twice.

All in all a great day. I can't remember when I have had more fun. You are more than welcome to ride along, but I think you will find the coupe is not as light as you think.

I might scare you to death. I'm learning, but I have a long way to go.

Randy

Glad to see you come out Randy....nice ride you got there.

Now I'm not the end-all-be-all of advice.....but from what I can tell:
1) DSC on = learning bad habits. Go ahead and turn it off from the beginning....you will appreciate your car a bit more I believe, and make you a better driver without relying on electronics.
2) Spin the car in an open area. You learn a lot from spinning or locking up the brakes (should take my own advise there). It sounds scary....so do it at Grissom where there is more open space with not much to hit. Once you do it, you might understand your car a little more (we have all spun at one time or another....some of us in more than one car in a day [:$] )

Oh Jason....nice write up. [:D]

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 4 << < 1234 > >>

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports
SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner