Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Bobzilla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
03 Apr 2008 02:32 PM

Just to get in my daily 'Zuk fest. . . here's a fun one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992...0226058911

Front engine, RWD. Suzuki's version of the Miata, only smaller. Was never sold here in North America, sadly enough.

turbohappy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    03 Apr 2008 02:36 PM
    Well, you couldn't legally drive it here in the US on the street. That said, it wouldn't be eligible for any stock classes and therefore not SP or ST for sure, I think not P either. I was thinking SM allows JDM cars possibly, I know you can have JDM engines. If not that, then you'd down to some sort of M class, DM in stock form.
    Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    03 Apr 2008 03:00 PM
    It's so cute. Like a mini-miata, as if the miata needed a "mini" version. . .
    The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    03 Apr 2008 03:22 PM

Now, that Suzuki I like. Very cool little car (this car was in the Dreamcast game Metropolis Street Racer - precursor of PGR series... )

My favorite part of the ad:

"660cc 3 Cylinder Turbocharged Intercooled fuel injected engine that puts out over 64HP"

Wow, over 64hp - I'll bet it gets at least 64.3hp!!

Very cool car - its definitely got chick magnet potential too. Too bad it is not legal in the US. Bob, have you ever considered a Fiat X19?

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    03 Apr 2008 03:40 PM

Not into European auto's personally. Shoddy electricals and uber expensive replacement parts. No thanks. Just not what I like. THis is just a "for fun". It really reminded me of the miata, only in 2/3's scale.

dbrier
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    03 Apr 2008 11:03 PM
    I wonder if you put a Suzuki motorcycle engine in it, would it still qualify for SM?
    Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    04 Apr 2008 08:00 AM
    Screw the motorcycle engine, I was thinking the G13b with a 1.6L shortblock. 170hp and 160tq. Then you could turbocharge it!!!
    turbohappy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    04 Apr 2008 01:45 PM

dbrier wrote:
    I wonder if you put a Suzuki motorcycle engine in it, would it still qualify for SM?

No, motorcycle engines are specifically excluded now I'm pretty sure.

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    04 Apr 2008 04:23 PM
    See, I go and try to get Jason a little riled and he just ignores it. . . What's a guy gotta do to get some smack talk around here! [:P]
    GChambers
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    04 Apr 2008 05:41 PM
    turbohappy wrote:

dbrier wrote:

No, motorcycle engines are specifically excluded now I'm pretty sure.

Motorcycle engines put you straight into BM.

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    04 Apr 2008 06:21 PM

Bobzilla wrote:
    See, I go and try to get Jason a little riled and he just ignores it. . . What's a guy gotta do to get some smack talk around here! [:P]

Me? What did I miss?[:S]

You mean over-priced and bad electrics of european cars? I agree with most of that actually. [:P] Dreyer and Reinbold once tried to charge me $1800 when I went in just to get a hub tapped for a lugbolt. And, new M3's are going for as much as $100k in some places (30K mark-up). Yeah, I definitely agree with the overpriced comment. But, I still love BMWs. (I don't know of electircal problems with them, but certainly other european cars like Jaguar have horrible electrics.)

Now, if you had said something like my car is Smurfy [:@] or something- then we would be throwing down... next time you trash talk me give me a whap on the head so I know what is going on...

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    05 Apr 2008 05:43 PM
    Smack Jason over head. . . got it!
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner