Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
RonConrad
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
03 Apr 2008 06:44 PM

Finally got my turn signals, back up lights, and gauges working on my Civic. After trying everything I could think of, replacing turn signal switches, replacing fuses, and re-grounding every ground...I gave up last night, and drove my car to the local Honda dealership here in Bloomington.

Turns our my fuse box was bad on the #3 fuse (which controls the above mentioned items). I also had the timing set. Tonight I'm replacing the front rotors and pads. Saturday, I driving to South Bend to pick up new 15" wheels & tires.

It will be like learning to autocross all over again! Should be faster though.

See you all Sunday morning...don't forget to Pre-Register, and make the workers lives easier (plus the event may then start promptly meaning "More Runs?).

[;)]

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    03 Apr 2008 09:19 PM
    Glad to hear you got the gremlin fixed! I'm sure Bob is crying right now curled up in the back of his Hyundai at that news. [:D]
    RonConrad
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    03 Apr 2008 10:07 PM

Got my dash back together tonight, and started working on my front brakes. Looks like my Right caliper is froze up, can't get the piston to move. So looks like I'll be buying new calipers tomorrow. Probably explains the crappy front brakes...So tomorrow night is fix the front brake night, and rewire my trailer lights (since I cut them off looking for my gremlin).

So what's this "X" class all about? Is it similar to Detroit Region's Pro Class where it is scored on the PAX, or is it an Exhibition class that is not scored?

Hey Bob, my son may buy and Elantra so he might asked for set up tips from you and Jason Massey.

Andy Ucter

--
    04 Apr 2008 08:09 AM

yeah the "X" class is similar to the "PRO" class detroit and soem other regions come..

you should join!! that would make 12.. upping the number of available trophies!!!

what wheels and tires did you end up getting??

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    04 Apr 2008 08:31 AM

Not crying. . *sniff*. . .sobbing.

Ron, I'd be more than happy to not only assist in selection,but install as well. I've now done more suspension swaps than the local Hyundai dealer. . .[:P] Actually, I may have. My car 3 times (don't ask), a Fort Wayne guy (Tim, blue Elantra hatch) and a local here.

Good to hear the car is up and running again, so if I'm shooting for 4 secs behind Will that will mean the same for you. . . dangit I need that swiffer!!!

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    04 Apr 2008 09:08 AM
    Andy Ucter wrote:

yeah the "X" class is similar to the "PRO" class detroit and soem other regions come..

you should join!! that would make 12.. upping the number of available trophies!!!

what wheels and tires did you end up getting??

Yes Chuck [;)], X class is Indy Regions version of a "pro" class. It is designed to work in concert with our Novice class. X class isn't about gathering trophies, either....as there will only be one traveling event trophy for the event winner throughout the year. However, year end trophy rules are the same as open classes.

Ron....for more information, check out the Indy Region Points Rules

Oh....and you don't have to declare for X until the first points event. Since this weekend is a fun event, it's just a warm up with no trophies at stake.

GChambers
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    04 Apr 2008 05:46 PM

Since I am the reigning X-Class champion and I am in posession of the traveling trophy from last season, do I get to keep it or do I have to bring it with me to the first points event? Do we start over with a new trophy this season? If so, what is it going to be? I may have a few ideas....

I may just bring it with me this Sunday so you guys can see what it looks like. It may be the last time you ever get to see it. [;)]

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    04 Apr 2008 05:51 PM
    GChambers wrote:

Since I am the reigning X-Class champion and I am in posession of the traveling trophy from last season, do I get to keep it or do I have to bring it with me to the first points event? Do we start over with a new trophy this season? If so, what is it going to be? I may have a few ideas....

I may just bring it with me this Sunday so you guys can see what it looks like. It may be the last time you ever get to see it. [;)]

Bring it and we can discuss.

No need to smack talk here.....I know I won't be getting it at all this season.....maybe.

RonConrad
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    04 Apr 2008 07:12 PM
    I'll run STS at this event, and sign up for X at the next events. Still working on my car, so I don't think I'll be at 100% this event.
    RonConrad
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    04 Apr 2008 07:22 PM

Kosei K1 TS 15x7 wheels in Silver

http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_garage/BigPic.jsp?wheelMake=Kosei&wheelModel=K1+TS&wheelFinish=Silver+Painted

Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R 195/50/15

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    05 Apr 2008 09:05 PM
    I used to like you Ron. I really did. . . .
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner