You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
dbrier
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
07 Apr 2008 12:56 PM

We need some more folks willing to work in the trailer. Both Timing and Scoring (T&S) and registration workers are needed.

With the implementation of the new software, we to train a new batch of workers. The good news is that the new system is much more intuitive and easy to use. So if you like to get to events early to work registration, have attention to detail and like to keep track of times, or just want talk on the PA system, we can use your help.

Last year we had two registration teams, so everyone could get course walks and nobody was trapped in the box from 8 - 9:30.

Working is the trailer is the best way to meet folks, learn names and get involved. So if you're tired of chasing cones, let us know. No experience needed, new folks and veterans are both welcome.

If you're interested, let me know by posting here.

Dale

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    07 Apr 2008 01:01 PM
    dbrier wrote:

We need some more folks willing to work in the trailer. Both Timing and Scoring (T&S) and registration workers are needed.

With the implementation of the new software, we to train a new batch of workers. The good news is that the new system is much more intuitive and easy to use. So if you like to get to events early to work registration, have attention to detail and like to keep track of times, or just want talk on the PA system, we can use your help.

Last year we had two registration teams, so everyone could get course walks and nobody was trapped in the box from 8 - 9:30.

Working is the trailer is the best way to meet folks, learn names and get involved. So if you're tired of chasing cones, let us know. No experience needed, new folks and veterans are both welcome.

If you're interested, let me know by posting here.

Dale

I am happy to work in the trailer during the event with Timing & Scoring - not so much at the crack of dawn (i.e. before noon.... ) I should be able to pick up on the new software pretty quickly and will try and watch to learn that sometime.

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    07 Apr 2008 01:08 PM

Y'all know I'm game for anything. . . just not before 9:45. Got cars to paw at before then! I'm more than happy to help where needed.

Plus, my fair complection could use a little shade. Holy crap I'm burnt!

kar120c

--
    07 Apr 2008 02:10 PM

Dale,

I'm in for T&S. Not registration though since I normally help w/course and set-up.

Phil

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    07 Apr 2008 02:43 PM

Any chance we can replace Will on the mic... some of his comments hurt my feelings[:'(]

BTW what was I - Captain Paintertape or something? [:P]

After my first decent run, Gus asked me if I was faster because I added more tape - well, screw you guys!!! [:@] (no seriously, are those cones lined with sandpaper or something? I am getting scratches - not just residue - on my sides and that is the one thing that freaks me out about autocrossing, so I think the painters tape is here to stay - man, $12 a roll though! Did they see me pull up in an overpriced european car or something?)

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    07 Apr 2008 02:45 PM

Hey...if Dale and Warren K. can learn, anyone can, right? [;)]

Sorry I kinda monopolized the computer to begin with....wanted to make sure it was running smoothly. Aside from a couple of anomalies with the last run group (reminder to self...test the battery voltage when get home), I think it went rather smooth for the first time out of the box. It still has that "new software smell" haha.

Registration is sure to run quicker once we get more people entered into the member database and registering online. The first event gave us a nice batch.

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    07 Apr 2008 02:51 PM
    The Nebulizer wrote:

Any chance we can replace Will on the mic... some of his comments hurt my feelings[:'(]

BTW what was I - Captain Paintertape or something? [:P]

After my first decent run, Gus asked me if I was faster because I added more tape - well, screw you guys!!! [:@] (no seriously, are those cones lined with sandpaper or something? I am getting scratches - not just residue - on my sides and that is the one thing that freaks me out about autocrossing, so I think the painters tape is here to stay - man, $12 a roll though! Did they see me pull up in an overpriced european car or something?)

Oh boy, don't get so emotional about my mic commentary. No one else wanted to announce, and since I was handed the mic.....well that just gives me poetic license to talk about pretty much whatever I want to. That includes all the tape you bought and slapped on the side of yer car. Sherwin Williams called, told me to tell you THANKS! [:D] Their stock went up 3 points today because of that huge tape purchase.

I kid because I care! [H]

.....or would you rather me just call out times.....that you can see......on our huge display? At least everyone in the bus was entertained. I think John W. peed his pants a little.

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    07 Apr 2008 03:07 PM
    The Nebulizer wrote:

no seriously, are those cones lined with sandpaper or something? I am getting scratches - not just residue - on my sides and that is the one thing that freaks me out about autocrossing, so I think the painters tape is here to stay - man, $12 a roll though! Did they see me pull up in an overpriced european car or something?)

Realy? I have just rash, no marks. Maybe it's that cheap paint they use? *

* That was a dig. You told me to tell you! [:P]

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    07 Apr 2008 03:08 PM

Will, the commentary was great - I just wanted to know what you called me - as I forgot (yes, I was that focused...)

Keep up the good work on the mic, Will!

(I'll stick to playing with numbers.... )

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    07 Apr 2008 03:14 PM
    Bobzilla wrote:
    The Nebulizer wrote:

no seriously, are those cones lined with sandpaper or something? I am getting scratches - not just residue - on my sides and that is the one thing that freaks me out about autocrossing, so I think the painters tape is here to stay - man, $12 a roll though! Did they see me pull up in an overpriced european car or something?)

Realy? I have just rash, no marks. Maybe it's that cheap paint they use? *

Yeah, I am starting to think BMW does use some cheap paint as my 325 had the same problem. I don't see anyone else's car with actual scratches. Maybe it is not the cones - but jealous workers throwing things at my car... I did see this bright red guy running out at me...

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    07 Apr 2008 03:18 PM
    The Nebulizer wrote:

Will, the commentary was great - I just wanted to know what you called me - as I forgot (yes, I was that focused...)

Keep up the good work on the mic, Will!

(I'll stick to playing with numbers.... )

LOL.....I believe the comment was "oh look, it's Captain Painter's Tape"

Most of my commentary is to relax you......and get you off your game a bit. ;-)

turbohappy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    07 Apr 2008 03:21 PM
    I don't even clean off the cone marks...they pretty much won't come off because the paint is dead and won't accept wax. That's why I autocross a beater [:)]
    Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    07 Apr 2008 03:28 PM

turbohappy wrote:
    I don't even clean off the cone marks...they pretty much won't come off because the paint is dead and won't accept wax. That's why I autocross a beater [:)]

.....beater. Quite literally. Superfastpaxnearthetopeverytimebeatermobile. [Y] Now to work on your co-driver. [:$]

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    07 Apr 2008 04:57 PM
    Hey Brian, if you need someone fast to drive with you, I know a guy with a Hyundai.
    mtownneon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    07 Apr 2008 05:31 PM
    Cone scuffs are battle scars and something to be proud of, not hidden. I refuse to remove a single one from my car.....
    mtownneon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    07 Apr 2008 05:36 PM
    I'm willing to do trailer work. Heck, I even helped Bob in tech, how much more of a sacrifice can be made than that?
    dbrier
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    07 Apr 2008 05:41 PM

I've found that a good coat of wax really helps with cone scuffs. If I have fresh wax, the cone marks come off with soap and water.

I know it sounds crazy Jason, but you could try not hitting the cones. [:)] You think you get comments, try pulling up to the starting line in a station wagon. [;)]

Good to see people willing to work T&S. Learning it is easy. Getting folks in early for registration is going to be the tough part. Wilmoth said he would help out and I'll bet Warren will work early on the events he runs.

Dale

mtownneon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    07 Apr 2008 05:47 PM

Heck Dale,

I almost alway show up before registration opens, I'll do it, provided we can get Brian to show up on time to do the novice thing.

turbohappy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    07 Apr 2008 07:57 PM
    mtownneon wrote:

I almost alway show up before registration opens, I'll do it, provided we can get Brian to show up on time to do the novice thing.

Sorry about that. Couldn't find my turn-down and didn't want to deafen everyone! Turns out it was at my dad's house so I deafened everyone anyway!

brgmcs

--
    07 Apr 2008 08:46 PM

turbohappy wrote:
    Couldn't find my turn-down and didn't want to deafen everyone! Turns out it was at my dad's house so I deafened everyone anyway!

Huh?? Did someone say something????

[:P]

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner