--
23 Apr 2008 08:52 AM

What: Solo Steering Committee Meeting
    Where:
    the Boreen's house
    14861 Jonathan Dr
    Westfield, IN 46074
    When: 6:30pm, Thursday, 5/1/08

Attending: Will Lahee, Mike Benz, Raleigh Boreen, Velma Boreen, Charles Lemeron, Dale Brier, Bob Miller, Geoff Chambers, Brian Davis, Clemens Burger, Jason Proksch

-National Tour
    Timeline for NT was discussed. Thursday set up team, Friday practice course (we are running the practice course with Indy timing equipment). Still need to fill in a few workers (Waiver Chief in particular....any volunteers contact Will). Courses have been designed and turned in to SCCA (Thanks Brian Davis!). Performance Driven, LLC is the local sponsor and will be handling the Friday welcoming / social activity. Contact Will if you can come Thursday or Friday to help out.

-Contracted Events
    There are 2 clubs that our region has been approached by to handle an autocross for their clubs. Workers will be asked for soon (after the NT) for these events. They are both taking place the weekend of 8/2 - 8/3. Worker incentive will be one Indy Region Solo entry.

-Indy Region Points Event volunteers
    Still need event chairs and specialty chairs for the remaining Indy Region Events. See Mike to volunteer for any position left. Remember, this will qualify your points for a year end award, and get you an invite to the Worker Invitational at the end of the year!

-Site acquisition update
    Terre Haute Airport acquisition is complete. We will be holding a Solo there on 6/8/08. Thanks to all involved to help gain a site.
    Raleigh and Clemens are still pursuing other sites within the region. Other potential future sites were also discussed.

-16th Street Issues
    Seems we have a nice problem at 16th street. First points event saw 125 entrants, which may be too much for that site due to geographic constraints of the site (limited course design allows small overlap of cars on course, parking/paddock issues). Cap was discussed for future events there. No conclusion yet, chairs will consider options and decide. Next possible event at 16th Street is 8/17 if another new site is not procured by then. Decision will be made before then.

-Event Management
    a) Pre Reg incentive? It was decided that the pre-registration is too new to do this yet. More advertising for pre-reg was discussed.
    b) Close Registration earlier? We have done that already (10:15 last year to 9:30 this year). We will hard cut registration and turn people away.
    c) Driver's meeting. Novice meeting will be done before the main driver's meeting. Driver's meeting will be shorter (mostly talk about safety and specific site protocol). Announcers during heats will have an announce sheet with future Solo information, sponsor information, other Indy Region event information that will be talked about all during the event.
    d) Run/Work order was backwards for the first event. Will be fixed at next event.
    e) X drivers will have identifying arm bands for Novices to easily find.

Any questions, please contact me directly, not on the forums.
    Will Lahee
    Solo Co-Chair

PS----thanks to Raleigh, Velma and Kirby for the use of their house and the tasty BBQ!! :-)

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    23 Apr 2008 10:32 AM

Count me in.

dbrier
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    25 Apr 2008 08:59 AM
    me too
    Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    29 Apr 2008 09:08 AM
    BUMP....Meeting this THURSDAY!! [:D]
    Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    29 Apr 2008 09:29 AM
    Do I need to bring anything? I feel guilty going to people's houses and not bringing something to the table.
    mtownneon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    29 Apr 2008 09:49 AM

Man,

Odd man out again! If I have everything in order with the race car for the weekend, I'll be there.

Dave

turbohappy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    30 Apr 2008 11:45 AM
    Crap, Thursday is bible study day now. Hmmmm. I really should be at this meeting I think, may have to skip that this week. Argh!
    GChambers
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    01 May 2008 05:08 PM

I'll be there but may be just a few minutes late. Getting home and there from the south side in less than an hour is gonna be a bit of a struggle.

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    01 May 2008 05:20 PM

Sorry for the late reply, but I should be able to make it. (I may also be a bit late as I still have a bit of work to get done before I can get out of here...)

jww
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    01 May 2008 06:00 PM
    The Nebulizer wrote:

Sorry for the late reply, but I should be able to make it. (I may also be a bit late as I still have a bit of work to get done before I can get out of here...)

Ditto on the late notice apologies, but I am stuck at work again. Sorry folks! I didn't see a number to call anyone so please forgive me.. (quick update.. I found the Boreen's phone number and gave them a call)

Take care..

GChambers
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    01 May 2008 11:24 PM

Will, your drivers side headlight is out.

Just thought you should know.

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    01 May 2008 11:53 PM
    GChambers wrote:

Will, your drivers side headlight is out.

Just thought you should know.

dammit.....it looked like it. Thanks. [:(]

dbrier
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    02 May 2008 07:16 AM
    jww wrote:
    Ditto on the late notice apologies, but I am stuck at work again. Sorry folks! I didn't see a number to call anyone so please forgive me.. (quick update.. I found the Boreen's phone number and gave them a call)

Take care..
    That's OK, we assigned you work anyway.
    jww
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    02 May 2008 09:16 AM

dbrier wrote:
    jww wrote:

Take care..
    That's OK, we assigned you work anyway.

..and I do feel the love. [:P]

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    06 May 2008 09:31 AM
    updated OP with meeting minutes. Thanks all for attending. [:D]
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner