Tx Region members I need your help
 2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Mike Sexton

--
28 Apr 2008 05:12 PM

I hope everyone dosen't mind if I post this here.I've asked the moderators to create a Tx Region section but I got no response.

I need your help. I have recently assumed the Membership Chair position for our region and I’m trying to deciede what direction to take the social aspect of the office. To state the obvious, our society/culture is not the same as is was 60 years ago when this club started. So I would like to have the input of everybody about what you would like/expect from your club in terms of social functions. Do you want to have social functions at all? What kind would you like? How Often? What is the best day of the week/time? Do you want face to face contact or would like electronic methods developed more? If you don’t know what you’d like, then type me some rambling thoughts. If you would to tell me privetly, email me at txautotrail@hotmail.com. But please, I need everyone to chime in on this. Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike Sexton

davebs14
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    30 Apr 2008 04:34 PM

I think the tx region already has a forum that most of the folks are on.

Rex B

--
    23 Jun 2008 10:04 AM

The Texas Region Delphi forum is awful and should have died years ago. People looking for "SCCA Texas" find that forum and conclude not much is going on in Texas Region SCCA. It would be better to turn it off, as it gives the wrong message to people who stumble onto it.

You need a forum here, or at www.sccabb.com with a very obvious permanent link on the Texas Region home page.

As for social functions, that's a tough one. Not too much interest in those over the past 10 years. There are just too many activities competing for our leisure time.

Fuel prices and geography compete as well. It would have to be a damned good attraction to get me to drive to Dallas (from Keller).

Things that would interest me:

Group garage sale of racing related items

Texas Region at a local slot car track (any left?)

Group viewing of a Formula 1 race - local club or member's home

One region has had several "Drive In Movie" events. They used a HD projection unit with the side of a white building for a screen. Private parking lot, sound broadcast through car radios. Bench racing on the side. Region supplied refreshments & snacks

Good luck in your new position, and thank you.

Rex B

You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner