You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
btwelch
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
01 May 2008 01:13 PM

Some of you may have heard me talking about "Winged Warrior" this year and last. It is an autocross/drag race/car show with the proceeds going to the Cheer Guild at Rileys Childrens Hospital. The event is comming up next weekend and this year, for the first time ever, they are accepting "last minute" entries. Check out this link:

http://www.wingedwarrior.net/forum/...9#post9119

if you are interested in participating. This event was a BLAST last year and had a lot to do with getting me more involved in autocross.

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    01 May 2008 01:15 PM
    btwelch wrote:

Some of you may have heard me talking about "Winged Warrior" this year and last. It is an autocross/drag race/car show with the proceeds going to the Cheer Guild at Rileys Childrens Hospital. The event is comming up next weekend and this year, for the first time ever, they are accepting "last minute" entries. Check out this link:

Last minute entries!!

Nice, I may be able to make it. Glad to see they are still taking entries.

DRAG

--
    01 May 2008 01:17 PM

Crap, I have been trying to get Butterfield to let me in because I heard of some drop-outs. He said no problem, and I never heard anything back.

DRAG

--
    01 May 2008 01:19 PM

I just checked and it says registration is still closed.

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    01 May 2008 01:21 PM

Where can we find event details?

Any idea how many runs? cars? any prizes/trophies? classing? etc?

btwelch
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    01 May 2008 01:36 PM
    DRAG wrote:

I just checked and it says registration is still closed.

My impression from what I have read so far on the Winged Warrior website is that last minute registration will take place at ORP on friday night durring tech. Basically you will need to show up (enter gate 8 and tell them you want to be a last minute entry) friday night and go through tech. You'll get classed and if there are openings still left, you'll pay your entry fee and come back saturday to participate like everyone else.

btwelch
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    01 May 2008 01:40 PM
    The Nebulizer wrote:

Where can we find event details?

Any idea how many runs? cars? any prizes/trophies? classing? etc?

Event details can be found at www.wingedwarrior.net . I'm not sure about this year but last year we had 4 runs at the auto-x course and 5 runs down the dragstrip. They are shooting for 120 cars this year (60 imports and 60 domestics). Cars range from nearly full on race cars to my Caddy. Yes there will be prizes/trophies and they are AWSOME. Classing is available on the website.

Sorry for the short answer right now. When I have more time this evening I'll try to give some more specific answers.

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    01 May 2008 03:05 PM

I was involved with this the last 2 years. Can't attend this year.

Trophies were nice....I won 2, and scored the highest points for the day (in class F). Points were scored based on class finishes. Pretty sure they are still using most of the rule set and points system as last year.

schmuk

--
    02 May 2008 12:08 AM

I went to the first one and had fun. Managed a 2wd fwd unlimited trophy, mainly because everyone tried to class themselves low, and I said I don't care and put the GTI in the top class. Worked to my advantage

:)

btwelch
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    02 May 2008 01:12 AM
    schmuk wrote:

I went to the first one and had fun. Managed a 2wd fwd unlimited trophy, mainly because everyone tried to class themselves low, and I said I don't care and put the GTI in the top class. Worked to my advantage

:)

Well we already know from this past weekend that my Caddy is faster than your Golf!

schmuk

--
    02 May 2008 01:34 AM
    this time it was, but you forget grissom where 2 golfs got you [:P]
    jww
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    02 May 2008 06:53 AM
    Eclipse2Lancer wrote:

I was involved with this the last 2 years. Can't attend this year.

Trophies were nice....I won 2, and scored the highest points for the day (in class F). Points were scored based on class finishes. Pretty sure they are still using most of the rule set and points system as last year.

I was part of the photo team last year, but not going to make it this year. It seemed like a pretty cool event and for a good cause. I was just happy that I didn't hit by any of the autoX'ing dually's..

That part of it made no sense to me and glad we have the high tip over rule. I feel much safer ...at least until Sean's runs. [;)]

btwelch
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    02 May 2008 12:10 PM
    jww wrote:

...I was just happy that I didn't hit by any of the autoX'ing dually's...

Yeah, WTF was up with those?

jww
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    02 May 2008 02:49 PM
    btwelch wrote:
    jww wrote:

...I was just happy that I didn't hit by any of the autoX'ing dually's...

Yeah, WTF was up with those?

LOL!! ..exactly.
    btwelch
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    07 May 2008 12:04 AM
    So who here is going to come out friday and try to get a spot in the event?
    DRAG

--
    07 May 2008 11:26 AM
    I am in, but will be coming Friday for tech. I got my springs on last night and hopefully will be putting the exhaust on Friday night IF it shows up!
    schmuk

--
    07 May 2008 05:03 PM
    tempted to, but not sure I feel like shelling out the $100 entry fee. I got 2 days at autobahn country club at the end of the month, and it might be better to save the cash for future events.
    btwelch
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    08 May 2008 03:56 PM

schmuk wrote:
    tempted to, but not sure I feel like shelling out the $100 entry fee. I got 2 days at autobahn country club at the end of the month, and it might be better to save the cash for future events.

Remember that EVERY PENNY of your entry fee goes directly to the Cheer Guild at Riley Childrens Hospital. I'm pretty sure you can even write a check directly to them if you want to use it as a tax write-off. The main point of this event is to support a good cause. All the fun we'll have is a bonus!

turbohappy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    08 May 2008 05:11 PM
    btwelch wrote:

Remember that EVERY PENNY of your entry fee goes directly to the Cheer Guild at Riley Childrens Hospital. I'm pretty sure you can even write a check directly to them if you want to use it as a tax write-off. The main point of this event is to support a good cause. All the fun we'll have is a bonus!

If only that were true.

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    08 May 2008 05:48 PM
    turbohappy wrote:
    btwelch wrote:

If only that were true.

What does that mean?

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner