26 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
DRAG

--
08 May 2008 06:00 PM

In years past people thought 100% of their entry went to the charity, but the entry also had to cover the operating expenses. That is completely normal for a fund raiser, and fair. Is Kevin personally supposed to cover the $7000 IRP rental from his own pocket? The intentions of the event are good, and if $10 goes to the charity, that is $10 more than any other event I participate in all year. There are quite a few big sponsors this year, which means more money goes to the hospital.

I'm looking forward to it being that I missed out on it every year due to "rumors" about this and that. I'm over it and giving him the benefit of the doubt. He has always treated me well and I like the motive behind the whole thing.

dbrier
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
08 May 2008 07:34 PM

DRAG is correct, it is not free to run such an event.

Winged Warrior donated a little over $15,000 to Riley Hospital last year. That amount is actually greater than the entry fees from just under 100 cars that ran last year.

Some VERY big sponsorship money made that possible. I don't know if they are getting that kind of sponsorship this year or not.

Bobzilla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
09 May 2008 06:49 AM
It's a great event to run, lots of fun stuff going on, lots of good people there. In the real world not every penny can go to the charity but I'm sure they are doing all they can and if we raise another $15k this year, that is another $15k they didn't have.
DRAG

--
11 May 2008 01:22 AM

I'm assuming the reason we don't have an event there is because of price and the bracket racing series?........cuz that place rocked today! HUGE 1 minute course and you could fly through the cars because you had 3 on course. TONS of traction. I could only find the limit in a few turns with poor driving :D

59.52 w00t!!!!

Eclipse2Lancer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
11 May 2008 10:34 AM
DRAG wrote:

I'm assuming the reason we don't have an event there is because of price and the bracket racing series?........cuz that place rocked today! HUGE 1 minute course and you could fly through the cars because you had 3 on course. TONS of traction. I could only find the limit in a few turns with poor driving :D

59.52 w00t!!!!

Correct...price and schedule restricts Indy Region from holding a Solo there. Come to a board meeting to find out how much we pay for the facility for a Club race and you will quickly understand.

Bobzilla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
12 May 2008 10:19 AM

Great time! I had all of F-class beat after the 3rd run. I went from 1st to 4th after the last run. D'OH!!! Car was loose as hell for tha tlast run, I kept chasing the tail anf fighting brake lockup from an over-agressive driver. But I had 4 CLEAN runs!!! Made my day right there!

Drags. . . well I fought traction big time. Launched at 2500rpms on the first pass, massive wheel spin, shifted to second, massive clutch slippage and a nice 17.2 to reward me with a cool 3.1 60' time. Second run I started launching at 1500, still had wheel spin/hop but got my 60' down into the 2.7-2.8. Beat all the imports. Got SMOKED by the Turbo Shadow.

DRAG

--
13 May 2008 11:38 AM
I actually had a lot of fun in the drags. I never should have made it past 1st round. I ran a 13.3 in time trials which I was super happy with...then got lined up next to the quickest car in the class 1st round. He redlit :D Next round I'm up against another 12 second car....tree'd him and took the win by about the length of my unit....real close race LOL. I redlit in the import final against an STI...13.24 to a 13.24
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Woodhouse Motorsports
SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner