Page 1 of 3123 > >>
Author Messages
mtownneon
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
08 May 2008 05:14 PM

****Special Details about the Performance Driven Dash****
    This is a special event where the folks at Performance Driven are putting up a prize for the most consistent competitor of the day. The least amount of time variance over a competitors fastest and slowest time for the day wins the prize being put up for grabs. What is the prize you ask? Not sure at this point, but owner Brian Gard says it is worth coming to Grissom to compete for! Still get your points and compete for a great prize....win and WIN!
    Specific rules for the Dash:
    1) No setting Cruise control or similar feature to assist the driver in setting more consistent times. This is a driver consistency challenge, not equipment consistency challenge.
    2) DNF's and Cones disqualify the competitor for the "Dash" prize.

The prize is good, and comes in the right color no matter what.......

Be there!

Cheers,

Dave<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

dbrier
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    08 May 2008 08:19 PM

Won't be me, my times are all over the place.

I'm there for fun, not to win prizes. (I'm a realist)

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    08 May 2008 10:12 PM

I wish I could attend... I found out a few months ago that my bud from grad school was getting married out in LA. The first thing I did was check the schedule and sure enough I have to miss an event - stinks. (I scheduled my trip to Italy later this summer around the race schedule though.)

turbohappy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    09 May 2008 12:19 AM
    Is there a specific "must be within 30% of class-winning time" type rule to prevent the cruise control type cheating? [:)]
    Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    09 May 2008 06:51 AM
    dbrier wrote:

Won't be me, my times are all over the place.

I'm there for fun, not to win prizes. (I'm a realist)

Haha. . . I'm with you on this one!!

mtownneon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    09 May 2008 07:42 AM

turbohappy wrote:
    Is there a specific "must be within 30% of class-winning time" type rule to prevent the cruise control type cheating? [:)]

Good question, Will?

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    09 May 2008 07:44 AM

turbohappy wrote:

Don't have that rule.....but I would think we would be able to tell pretty easily if that were to happen. [;)]

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    09 May 2008 08:09 AM
    Besides. . . too many of us want the better times and to beat the neon . . . . err "other cars in class". . . [:D]
    mtownneon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    09 May 2008 08:29 AM

Bobzilla wrote:
    Besides. . . too many of us want the better times and to beat the neon . . . . err "other cars in class". . . [:D]

The reign of Korean terror is about to end........................................

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    09 May 2008 09:06 AM
    Korean Terror!!! No, the car is from SOUTH Korea. . .not Kim Jong Il'scar!
    The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    09 May 2008 09:10 AM

turbohappy wrote:

Cruise control? That is too complicated. I plan to set a timer and hit the brakes before crossing the line - then gun it when the timer goes off. I'll just pretend I am having SMG issues and can't find the gear... [:P]

Maybe there should be a general rule stating that drivers not attempting to get their best times are inelligible.

So, if you hit 1 cone or get a DNF are you out of the competition?

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    09 May 2008 09:22 AM
    The Nebulizer wrote:

turbohappy wrote:

Cruise control? That is too complicated. I plan to set a timer and hit the brakes before crossing the line - then gun it when the timer goes off. I'll just pretend I am having SMG issues and can't find the gear... [:P]

Maybe there should be a general rule stating that drivers not attempting to get their best times are inelligible.

So, if you hit 1 cone or get a DNF are you out of the competition?

Yes, 1 cone or DNF, you are out! I will mention in the driver's meeting that if you (in general, everyone) are suspected of attempting to win by cheating (i.e, using any other device like cruise or timer within your car, etc. etc.), you will be out of the challenge. It's a driver consistency challenge, not an equipment challenge.
    As additional punishment, you will have to drive a Hyundai the rest of the year. [;)] Ok....maybe that's too harsh. lol

We'll just make anyone found to be cheating to wear those shorts that Aaron Haskell has to wear at the next event. [:P]

Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    09 May 2008 09:49 AM

Eclipse2Lancer wrote:
    Yes, 1 cone or DNF, you are out!

Wow! Not even 1 cone... Might as well take me off the list of eligible already. There's no way I could go through an entire event cone FREE!!

turbohappy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    09 May 2008 10:48 AM
    Locked wrote:

Eclipse2Lancer wrote:
    Yes, 1 cone or DNF, you are out!

Wow! Not even 1 cone... Might as well take me off the list of eligible already. There's no way I could go through an entire event cone FREE!!

I did it last weekend. I think that's my 1 event for the year [;)]

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    09 May 2008 11:09 AM

Eclipse2Lancer wrote:
    We'll just make anyone found to be cheating to wear those shorts that Aaron Haskell has to wear at the next event. [:P]

BTW should we see about lifting his IP ban? After seeing his personality, I can tell he wasn't really trying to be malicious before - just goofing around. I'll track him down at the M3 forum and see if he can agree to the basic rules of the site (like not impersonating someone).

Locked wrote:

I managed to go all last season without 1 recorded hit cone (I know I hit some at the Walesboro event, but those didn't get entered into the Indy tally). I have already hit more at the first event than all of last year... [6]

DRAG

--
    12 May 2008 12:03 AM
    I hope to be there, but it is iffy at this point. I have been racing like 6 weekends straight and I may have to do some catching up around the house. Hopefully I am there.
    Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    12 May 2008 09:18 AM

I had 4 clean back to back runs at WW, I might have a chance!

Shahab323is

--
    13 May 2008 12:07 PM
    I was cone free at the fun run, probably because I was going so SLOW!
    Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    15 May 2008 02:01 PM
    Bump. Event this weekend.....register online!!
    RonConrad
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    15 May 2008 08:20 PM

Yes, don't forget...if you pre-register, you get the express lane at the morning check-in line! If you think you Might be there, pre-register. If you don't show, it is easier to delete you from the entry list, than to enter someone who didn't pre-register. More people pre-registering, means more runs, because timing will be ready to go sooner, and we'll have the run groups figured out sooner.

Don't forget to pre-register for the June 8th Solo too!

If you were considering running the National Tour, looks like there is plenty of room. Running the National Tour qualifies you for The Solo Nationals in September.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 3123 > >>

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner