43 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>
Author Messages
sr20 doc

--
16 May 2008 08:44 AM

I am pre-registered and ready to go! Hope to see everyone there.

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
16 May 2008 05:34 PM
Pre-Registered... It's my wifes call though. She delivered my baby girl at 8:52 p.m. Tuesday evening. Baylor Alexa Myers. [:D]
jww
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
16 May 2008 08:51 PM
Locked wrote:
Pre-Registered... It's my wifes call though. She delivered my baby girl at 8:52 p.m. Tuesday evening. Baylor Alexa Myers. [:D]

Congratulations! That is great news! ...oh.. and good luck on getting away on Sunday. [;)]
brgmcs

--
16 May 2008 08:55 PM

Locked wrote:

I'll second the motion - Congratulations! Speaking as the father of two - probably best to stick with your wife and new daughter at this point so you aren't in the dog house and banned from coming out to play later. Any pics of the future Evo pilot?

mtownneon
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
17 May 2008 10:32 AM

Locked wrote:

Congradulations!

DRAG

--
18 May 2008 09:21 PM

brgmcs wrote:
Any pics of the future Evo pilot?

She looks kinda like the neighbor for some reason.

STU was a blast today, as usual. 7 AWD cars shooting it out!

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
18 May 2008 09:40 PM

brgmcs wrote:
Any pics of the future Evo pilot?

Anyone want pictures PM me and I'll send the link to our family blog.

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
18 May 2008 09:41 PM

DRAG wrote:

Nope, she looks just like me! Her twin will be here on friday. [:P]

DRAG

--
18 May 2008 11:21 PM
Locked wrote:

DRAG wrote:

Nope, she looks just like me! Her twin will be here on friday. [:P]

It's going to be a good week [^]

balefire
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
19 May 2008 04:06 PM

I couldn't stick around for trophies. Who won the consistency award?

Also, good job DRAG and Eclipse2Lancer on your trophies. Embarrassed me and a couple others on PAX too. Looks like I need to get my head out of my *** and drive. =)

Oh yeah, good job Gus. Threw down the gauntlet yesterday too on just about all of us except a certain high hp / lb blue car.

Finally, thanks a lot turbohappy for showing me how much I suck at fast not so technical courses. Looks like I need more practice!

mtownneon
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
19 May 2008 04:49 PM
balefire wrote:

The winner of the 'Performance Driven Dash' was Andrew Madsen in STX driving an 2004 Subaru STX. He placed third in class with an average raw time of 49.877 seconds with a variation of only .536 seconds, fastest being 49.566 sec and slowest being 50.102 sec.

It was a great day, even if I was beat by a first timer driving my car! I sometimes think I'd come in second in a one man can kicking contest. But I digress.

Thanks everyone for making yesterday a lot of fun. The course was fun, and the company was good.

Eclipse2Lancer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
19 May 2008 06:30 PM
balefire wrote:

Also, good job DRAG and Eclipse2Lancer on your trophies. Embarrassed me and a couple others on PAX too. Looks like I need to get my head out of my *** and drive. =)

Oh yeah, good job Gus. Threw down the gauntlet yesterday too on just about all of us except a certain high hp / lb blue car.

Finally, thanks a lot turbohappy for showing me how much I suck at fast not so technical courses. Looks like I need more practice!

I won a trophy?? I got 4th in X class, 5th on PAX and 8th overall RAW. Oh....would have won STU and SMS in a little harmless Civic though. {ducks}

I guess my trophy is beating the car owner for the first time. [H] I think he's more mad at the fact he thinks he didn't drive well than the fact I actually beat him. I just hope he wants to design more courses. [:|]

turbohappy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
19 May 2008 11:27 PM
balefire wrote:

No problem [:)] I thought this course would separate the "men from the boys" so to speak. Just didn't figure I'd be among the boys [;)]

Ah well, get to drop one [:)]

And if you want more practice, make sure to come to the tour. While far from the same course, they both have a lot of fast and danger to them.

Looking at our datalog, we never got over 57mph, but spent at least 1/3 of the time over 50. Lane change sections were 53-54mph consistently throughout.

Racerlinn
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
20 May 2008 08:35 AM
A big "thank you" from everyone on the Linn family karting team on Sunday. It was Marissa's first official event and I know a lot of workers were probably worried on her first run when she slowly soft pedalled it all the way around (I know I was considering she usually floors it right off). That was the first time she had ever run thru a full course (we've been practicing in parking lots up to this point) and she wanted to ensure she knew where the course went. She's been walking course for 3 years now with Robby, so I was pretty sure she would be fine. All of her subsequent runs were full throttle the whole way (at least the limited amount of throttle I restricted the kart to), and included a pair of spins down at the 180. I don't think we delayed the event too much (no more than Brier... [;)] ) and she and Robby had a fabulous time and we are looking forward to Walesboro on Memorial Day. Thanks again to all for allowing us to bring the kids out to run. A short 4 years and Robby will be running the Sentra (insert jokes here about the Sentra actually "running").
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
22 May 2008 01:03 PM

jww: Did you take pictures at this event?...

jww
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
22 May 2008 03:21 PM
Locked wrote:

Nope... sorry. I have been attempting to concentrate on competing this year in solo, which so far has not proven to be the wise choice!

I will be shooting at the National Tour and I may do another solo event at some point this year. ...just too busy to attempt to prep my car as well as my camera gear. ...plus my exessive amount of camera stuff won't fit in my car with my solo stuff in there!

The good news is Larry Metz shot some pics at this event and there is a cd on the way to me. I will be posting them on the Indy website as soon as I get them. I will post a note here when I have them posted.
Bobzilla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
22 May 2008 04:31 PM
If the camera stuff fit, I know my way around a camera and can get a few good shots. . . just don't have the nice equipment to do so. . . maybe I should get some of that?
Shahab323is

--
22 May 2008 06:42 PM
jww wrote:
Locked wrote:

Nope... sorry. I have been attempting to concentrate on competing this year in solo, which so far has not proven to be the wise choice!

I will be shooting at the National Tour and I may do another solo event at some point this year. ...just too busy to attempt to prep my car as well as my camera gear. ...plus my exessive amount of camera stuff won't fit in my car with my solo stuff in there!

The good news is Larry Metz shot some pics at this event and there is a cd on the way to me. I will be posting them on the Indy website as soon as I get them. I will post a note here when I have them posted.

looking forward to it!

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
22 May 2008 07:23 PM

No need to apologize.. I was just sitting there at work wondering if there was a picture of me smoking tires coming out of a few corners..

jww
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
22 May 2008 08:20 PM

Bobzilla wrote:
If the camera stuff fit, I know my way around a camera and can get a few good shots. . . just don't have the nice equipment to do so. . . maybe I should get some of that?

Really..you've done some shooting?

I don't ever suggest to anyone to get camera equipment. It's either love of photography or a a bad disease... I'm really not sure yet. Especially doing sports photography. To do it costs a fortune. At least I've spent a fortune so far!! ..and I want/need more. [:$]

Save yourself! ...it's too late for me.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports
SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner