Grissom: Thank you guys
 15 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
DRAG

--
19 May 2008 11:28 AM

After the 1st event I had made some suggestions after listening to some frustrations from a lot of people. Sometimes being so open about things bites me in the a$$, but I'm the type of person that would rather nip stuff in the bud and get it taken care of rather than just talk about it. I hope I didn't offend anyone.

The efforts to give some of those suggestions a shot at the Grissom event did not go unnoticed. I think you all did a great job and I think it sped some things up. Nice work and thank you!

BTW....working timing and scoring with wind, noise, and 3 cars on course is a pain! I don't envy you guys. I want to pick dandilions next time! LOL

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    19 May 2008 01:48 PM
    Try announcing. . . I don't envy anyone there. All the bad stares you get from people when you make fun of their cars . . .
    DRAG

--
    19 May 2008 03:04 PM
    That is what I did in there. I was nice to people I think :D
    Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    19 May 2008 04:43 PM
    I only mentioned your weak go-pedal twice. . .and tons of fun onthe wagon and caddies' body roll.. .and the "spec Subaru class". . . "rally cars drifting" . . .those kinds of things. :D
    Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    19 May 2008 06:25 PM
    DRAG wrote:

After the 1st event I had made some suggestions after listening to some frustrations from a lot of people. Sometimes being so open about things bites me in the a$$, but I'm the type of person that would rather nip stuff in the bud and get it taken care of rather than just talk about it. I hope I didn't offend anyone.

The efforts to give some of those suggestions a shot at the Grissom event did not go unnoticed. I think you all did a great job and I think it sped some things up. Nice work and thank you!

BTW....working timing and scoring with wind, noise, and 3 cars on course is a pain! I don't envy you guys. I want to pick dandilions next time! LOL

You're welcome. This is after all a club and members should have a voice. All suggestions are met with an open mind........but bear in mind that the program chairs are just members too. We like suggestions, but love suggestions that are loaded with offers of assistance to act on those suggestions. [;)]

jww
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 May 2008 07:13 PM

DRAG wrote:
    That is what I did in there. I was nice to people I think :D

..well, except for maybe the guy that hit 4 cones. [;)]

schmuk

--
    19 May 2008 08:29 PM

fun times, thanks for the course that apparently suited me. Kinda killed my chances at consistancy, but got quite a bit faster from start to finish - and I guess I should have gone to third gear sooner, because my 5th run wasn't amazing, but using third must have got me somewhere to knock .4 sec off my best up to then.

Also thanks for letting me even register. My morning had not been very good, and I was running very late. Needless to say the day got better.

DRAG

--
    20 May 2008 10:36 AM

Eclipse2Lancer wrote:
    You're welcome. This is after all a club and members should have a voice. All suggestions are met with an open mind........but bear in mind that the program chairs are just members too. We like suggestions, but love suggestions that are loaded with offers of assistance to act on those suggestions. [;)]

Nick and I got up early so we could come lend a hand. I need a longer piece of drywall next time. I'm too tall and fat to be bending over like that for 6000 cones LOL!

jww
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    20 May 2008 01:38 PM
    DRAG wrote:

Nick and I got up early so we could come lend a hand. I need a longer piece of drywall next time. I'm too tall and fat to be bending over like that for 6000 cones LOL!

LOL!! ...Dang.. and I thought sure Will and I only kicked a few thousand out of Da Bus. Then again, I was half asleep at the time !! [|-)]

Thanks for coming up early!

turbohappy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    21 May 2008 03:10 AM
    DRAG wrote:

Yup, sure enough. Thanks again!

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    21 May 2008 08:06 AM

Just to make sure his alarm doesn't not go off again on the 8th, I'm beating on Brian's door at 6am on the way to Terre Haute. May even buy one of those little airhorns and use the entire can right outside his door.

jww
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    21 May 2008 09:44 AM
    Bobzilla wrote:

Just to make sure his alarm doesn't not go off again on the 8th, I'm beating on Brian's door at 6am on the way to Terre Haute. May even buy one of those little airhorns and use the entire can right outside his door.

Good idea! ...but it might have to be earlier than that. Terre Haute is a bit further than Grissom! ..unless you live on the faaaaaar west side.
    turbohappy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    21 May 2008 10:45 AM
    jww wrote:
    Bobzilla wrote:

Good idea! ...but it might have to be earlier than that. Terre Haute is a bit further than Grissom! ..unless you live on the faaaaaar west side.

I do live on the west side and it takes less time to get to the Terre Haute airport...unless there is absolutely no traffic in Kokomo.

Someone else is doing the course and I'm probably spending the night in Terre Haute because some of my family lives there, so shouldn't be an issue [;)]

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    21 May 2008 10:55 AM

OK Brian, give me their address. [:D]

For me in the NW corner, TH is about 90 minutes.

DRAG

--
    21 May 2008 11:58 AM
    I'm in Danville on the WS. Terre Haute is about 25-30 miles closer for me.
    jww
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    21 May 2008 12:13 PM

It will be a cruise for me...

From mapquest
    Total Estimated Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
    Total Estimated Distance: 95.15 miles

Yikes.. It will be interesting arriving before 7:00 for this one.... Bob... I may need that airhorn blasted at me to help keep me awake that day!

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner