AspireTec Engineering  468
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 24 May 2008 01:55 AM by  The Nebulizer
TSSCC Peru Test n Tune 5/24
 11 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
balefire
Basic Member
Basic Member
Posts:113


--
22 May 2008 08:35 PM

    Since we're starving for posts...

    I'll be at the test n tune at Peru this weekend hosted by Tri State Sports Car Council. TSSCC is one of the groups I used to run with. Some national level champs/trophy guys will be there.

    I was terrible this past weekend, so I need practice, esp if I want to have a chance at the trophies for the Peru NT. Very few registered so far, so should get tons and tons of runs. Only 1 hr work time too! Pizza Sat night and an official autox Sunday. Anyone else?

    Here's the itinerary per Bob:

    [quote]Regarding the Test & Tune...one of the benefits is to permit travel time on Saturday without a rush to be there at a specific check in time. You can arrive as early or as late at you want and still participate, then get a good night sleep (unless go out to find the wild night life with Ramsey & crew).

    And yes, we still have room for both the T&T and the event, so if you were undecided then make up your mind and come on down for both days. We might need to help control Ramsey (see above).

    We expect the T&T course to be open somewhere around 9:30 or 10:00 and run until around 4:00 to 4:30 depending on the general consesnus of the participants, afterall, this is TSSCC and we are a little more laid back on our start & end times.

    The only stipulation is that you have at least two hours so you can work an hour and play for an hour. If you arrive early you get to run till your tires melt.

    We will be using EASTERN Time because we will be in Indiana. So remember to check your "cell phone time" or just be aware that we will be an hour earlier.

    Remember a Test & Tune is for you to try different settings. So, you would run, park to adjust, and run again. This will give Tucker time to have someone help him put his helmet on with the opening in the front.

    The Sunday event will be on the regular schedule:
    Registration from 7:30 to 8:30
    Tech from 7:30 to 8:45
    Driver Meeting from 9:00 to 9:15 (I have been told not to talk)
    1st car off at 9:30 (or so..)

    The Pizza party will be at the Apollo restaurant, right on the Grissom complex. You can go there directly after the T& to enjoy the bar, or go back to your hotle to clean up a little (preferred) and come back for our party around 7:00 ish. Some of us will be staying at the Grissom Inn, which is right across the street from the Apollo, I'm sure you can use one of our rooms to change and clean up if you are staying in one of the hotels in Kokomo.

    By the way, I did get a call this morning from the Grissom Inn, she still has several rooms available and they are significantly less costly than the Kokomo hotels.

    This is a holiday weekend, come on down and lets howl.

    Thanks,

    Bob

    Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Posts:918


    --
    22 May 2008 09:22 PM
    Good group, TSSCC. You can fill up your weekend with the test and tune then the CSCC event on Monday! [:D]
    mtownneon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Posts:666


    --
    22 May 2008 09:30 PM
    They need folks for the test-n-tune. Steve called up there today and he made it sound as if the T-n-T is in jeopardy of being cancelled on Sat. If anyone is thinking of going up on Sat, y'all might want to give someone at the TSCC a shout.
    The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:1817


    --
    22 May 2008 11:03 PM
    balefire wrote:

    Since we're starving for posts...

    I'll be at the test n tune at Peru this weekend hosted by Tri State Sports Car Council. TSSCC is one of the groups I used to run with. Some national level champs/trophy guys will be there.

    I was terrible this past weekend, so I need practice, esp if I want to have a chance at the trophies for the Peru NT. Very few registered so far, so should get tons and tons of runs. Only 1 hr work time too! Pizza Sat night and an official autox Sunday. Anyone else?

    Paul, are you going to run both days? I might be able to make it to Sunday. How does the Sunday part work? I wasn't clear from that description - do we still get multiple runs or is it a standard autocross event with run groups and 3-6 runs?

    balefire
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:113


    --
    22 May 2008 11:16 PM

    Just saturday. I don't think I'll have any backup R-compound left for Sunday, ha! My good R-compounds are going to get saved for the Peru NT.

    Sunday is just like a regular autox. But with only 40 preregistered on Sunday, I'm guessing you will have at least 6 runs and maybe some fun runs too.

    balefire
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:113


    --
    23 May 2008 08:54 AM

    mtownneon wrote:
    They need folks for the test-n-tune. Steve called up there today and he made it sound as if the T-n-T is in jeopardy of being cancelled on Sat. If anyone is thinking of going up on Sat, y'all might want to give someone at the TSCC a shout.

    Asked a TSSCC buddy. Not gonna get cancelled. Don't know who might have said that. Should be sunny and grippy. Yeah!

    Shahab323is
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:


    --
    23 May 2008 01:17 PM
    ooo I'm very tempted, especially considering I'm most likely not going to make it to Terre Heute, The other weekend was my first time at grissom, and I really liked the site
    schmuk
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:


    --
    23 May 2008 03:37 PM

    I have a show and I am working on Sat, but if I have the energy to get up on Sunday after working 20+ hours Sat, I am having trouble figuring out the cost of running. Do you have to be a member? can you pay one time fees? A little confused after reading the site.

    I may try to make it to this, may also try for Walesborro, not sure yet, making it up as I go.

    SopFu
    New Member
    New Member
    Posts:


    --
    23 May 2008 05:00 PM
    I'm going up for both days, and hopefully cscc on Sunday, too. Is the Grissom Inn the bases' Bachelor quarters, and what are the rates? I'm assuming since no one is answering their phone that it is...
    balefire
    Basic Member
    Basic Member
    Posts:113


    --
    23 May 2008 05:39 PM
    schmuk wrote:

    I am having trouble figuring out the cost of running. Do you have to be a member? can you pay one time fees? A little confused after reading the site.

    I may try to make it to this, may also try for Walesborro, not sure yet, making it up as I go.

    I hid a link to the TSSCC website in my 1st post. In case you missed it:

    http://www.tsscc.org/2008/images/2008-3.pdf

    That should answer your questions. (Don't have to be a member, yes you can pay one time fees, etc).

    turbohappy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Posts:778


    --
    23 May 2008 10:04 PM

    SopFu wrote:
    I'm going up for both days, and hopefully cscc on Sunday, too. Is the Grissom Inn the bases' Bachelor quarters, and what are the rates? I'm assuming since no one is answering their phone that it is...

    It's around $50/night. Interesting little place, I've stayed there once before.

    The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:1817


    --
    24 May 2008 01:55 AM

    SopFu wrote:
    I'm going up for both days, and hopefully cscc on Sunday, too. Is the Grissom Inn the bases' Bachelor quarters, and what are the rates? I'm assuming since no one is answering their phone that it is...

    CSCC is on Monday.

    balefire wrote:

    Just saturday. I don't think I'll have any backup R-compound left for Sunday, ha! My good R-compounds are going to get saved for the Peru NT.

    Sunday is just like a regular autox. But with only 40 preregistered on Sunday, I'm guessing you will have at least 6 runs and maybe some fun runs too.

    Looks like I may end up doing Saturday actually. Mrs. The Nebulizer gave me the go ahead since she has plans much of the day. I probably will show up later though since I am too tired to set an alarm...

    You are not authorized to post a reply.


    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

    Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

    SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

    Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank



    Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner