Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
GChambers
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
26 May 2008 12:51 PM

If you didn't go(most of you didn't), you missed a GREAT event! There was only 35ish competitors. We each ran 2 heats and worked two heats. 4 runs per heat. The course was fantastic. Gus and I were in the 58 to 60 sec range so it was quite long and very technical. Even though there were so few competitors, competetion was fierce! Lots of very fast drivers. Clemens put the smackdown on all of us.

If TSSCC comes back to Grissom next year, it is a must do! Don't miss it.

turbohappy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    26 May 2008 09:42 PM
    Didn't see you at Columbus today...I got the smackdown put on me anyway even in your absence. Too bad I was busy yesterday, sounds like a good event! Not so good for them since they probably lost money though [:(]
    The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    27 May 2008 11:08 AM
    GChambers wrote:

If you didn't go(most of you didn't), you missed a GREAT event! There was only 35ish competitors. We each ran 2 heats and worked two heats. 4 runs per heat. The course was fantastic. Gus and I were in the 58 to 60 sec range so it was quite long and very technical. Even though there were so few competitors, competetion was fierce! Lots of very fast drivers. Clemens put the smackdown on all of us.

If TSSCC comes back to Grissom next year, it is a must do! Don't miss it.

A few Indy people were there Saturday for the test and tune. (Clemens, Paul, Sean, and me). I couldn't make it back for a second day (1 day a weekend, every few weekends is all I can really get away for, unfortunately)

Do you know if they used the same course? (obviously the longer of 2 options if they did - short option had a long slalom at the end just after the turn around, long version had no slalom but extended turns after the turn around.) I love the Peru course. And, any time I can get 10+ runs in I am happy. I still drop several seconds from my first few runs as I go. (and without actively doing anything different) I think I did pretty well on the short course Saturday. 48.2 seemed pretty competitive.

Seemed they needed more local advertisement. Was it on the myautoevents?

I'll be there next year if I can get away.

GChambers
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    27 May 2008 12:55 PM

The course was different from Saturday.

Their website is www.tsscc.com and they list their schedule there. They also do their own online registration so their events don't show up on MyAutoEvents.

Clemens and Sean were there on Sun along with the Leveques, Lee Miller and Steve Brinkerhoff

balefire
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    27 May 2008 12:57 PM

In years past, TSSCC didn't need to advertise since everyone wanted to go to the Peru TNT to warm up for the NT and nationals. Now that nationals is on crappy blacktop, I'm guessing they're slowly realizing they will need to reach out to members outside of Chicago to break even.

Wish I could have been there for Sunday too. You forgot one other Indy region member. My boss. She wanted to kick the other BS girl's butt in a competitive event but too many family obligations.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner