Vorshlag 468x60 Banner
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 03 Jun 2008 08:10 AM by  Bobzilla
A Couple of Jobs I've been working on.........
 5 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
mtownneon
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
01 Jun 2008 07:55 PM

Thought I'd share some pics of a couple of fab jobs I've been working on...........................

Matt Monday's Turbo Neon.......................

Chuck Hanson's '98 Contour SVT rally car. The light bar is removable. Not pictured are a set of 1/8th inch thick 6061 aluminum skid plates covering the engine/ transmission and brake and fuel lines:

Cheers,

Dave

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    02 Jun 2008 08:40 AM
    What, you didn't include the turd alignment? I'm so disappointed! [:P]
    The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    02 Jun 2008 01:28 PM

Good luck loading the kids into the backseats. And, those holes in the dash are really going to hurt resale values... [:P] Nice work, Dave![Y] What is the next step? Keep us updated on the progress.

Is that a Rally car as in Road Rally or Rallycross?

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    02 Jun 2008 01:55 PM
    The Nebulizer wrote:

Good luck loading the kids into the backseats. And, those holes in the dash are really going to hurt resale values... [:P] Nice work, Dave![Y] What is the next step? Keep us updated on the progress.

Is that a Rally car as in Road Rally or Rallycross?

Chuck's Contour is a Road Rally car. Apparently one of the Rallys he is doing out of state goes through a lot of thick forests........after dark. [:|]

brgmcs

--
    02 Jun 2008 09:26 PM

Will's description still may be a bit misleading. Road Rally is not performance based, at least as far as the car goes, so it is not a Rally ala Evo/Subaru/Stratos fame. It's done on public roads which are not closed to the public, so in theory it follows posted speed limits. However, brisk driving is occasionally called for (or at least the need seems to come up occasionally [:D]). Road rallies also frequently make use of infrequently travelled rural roads, as they tend to be more scenic, fun to drive and have less civilian traffic to deal with. Sometimes that means gravel. Sometimes after dark.

Chuck has been quite successful in Road Rally, even nationally. I'm sure he added the skid plates so he doesn't have to be worried about banging something up in a worst-case scenario when he needs to make up time on a rough road to nail the next check point. Seems pretty smart to me, and you can never have enough light at night on a country road.

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    03 Jun 2008 08:10 AM
    brgmcs wrote:

. . . and you can never have enough light at night on a country road.

Amen to that! Living out in the sticks like I have my entire life I aspire to more light! The car currently runs 6 bulbs on high, the pair od 55W lows, the 50W highs and a pair of 50W fogs.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner