Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ZOK
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
07 Jul 2008 01:18 AM

Sat..... Kowalski struggles with worn tires but finishes in the points toward a Runoffs invitation. Gerardo qualifies first, runs first for much of race but finishes second after near miss with a backmarker; Jose also had the fastest lap time of anyone at the track this day!! Czacki starts second and finishes second after hounding Pettiford's Solstice early in the race. A protest filed by Czacki against Pettiford for over aggressive defensive driving does not alter the results, although the stewards promise action if the conduct continues Sun.

Sun....Kowalski jumps into lead after qualifying 7th and ultimately finishes 5th in a field of semi-pro SM drivers (Ott, Spirek, Zabinski, Franklin, et al). Jose flag to flag in FC.....what else can we say; looks like he has won his first National points title in Rocky Mountain Division joining the late Ed Gerke, Stan Czacki and Ben Dewitt as individuals who have accomplished that feat while racing out of PanAm.Czacki takes early lead in SSB after qualifying 2nd, loses lead to Pettiford as a storm moves in that has the race stopped at 2/3 distance (try driving on slicks in a downpour!). Czacki penalized one finishing position to 3rd for allegedly jumping the start.

Another good weekend for Team PanAm.....look for some good stuff from Jose and Mark K at this year's Runoffs; and I'll see if I can continue to improve the performance of the old Camaro. Stan C

Richard Dziak

--
    07 Jul 2008 10:30 PM

Stan:

Thanks for the results. I have been waiting to see the posted results, but they are not up yet. Sounds like all 3 Team Pan Am Club Racers did very well to represent our region. So glad to hear that everyone did so well.

Lets keep the momentum going.

ZOK
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    08 Jul 2008 12:01 AM

Forgot to mention.....I've got four good condition 3 heat cycle Kumho Ecsta V710's for sale. Had me within .5 secs of the hot rod Solstice in my "Old Blue" Camaro. $75 each or $300 the set....lots of rubber left for rr practice, trackdays or autox.

Stan 915-204-3520 or sczacki@utep.edu

VettesRule
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    09 Jul 2008 12:27 AM

I enjoyed the report Stan...thanks!

Great driving guys!!

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner