G-LOC Brakes
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 05 Aug 2008 10:55 AM by  RonConrad
Aug 17th FWSCCA Verizon Event check in...
 38 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
OneEyeMedia

--
11 Jul 2008 11:12 AM

Hello All,

I am the Event Master for this event. I wanted to say hello and give you a shout to the CHIEFS out there. I want to schedule a meeting the last week of this month to communicate any questions/concerns/info I may or you may need. This can be through emails, forum, and or a destination here in the Fort. Lets Discuss it here...

I also will be helping with the course setup for the July event here on the 20th. I would like to use the same course setup for the Aug 17th event at Verizon. So let's make sure we get all our ducks in a row for this event and if we need to tweek, let us know so we can by the 17th event :)

Team List for Event:

Event Master: Jason Massey

Safety Steward:

Tom Miller

Kyle Broker

Bart Monnin - updated 8-5

Marilyn Russell

Melissa Britten

Lara Carter - updated 8-5

Timing and Scoring:

John Ryan

Tim Novinger - ? updated 8-5

Todd James

Rainner

Chris Smith - Announcer ?

Tech:

George Russell

Kyle Mavis

Grid: updated 8-5

Donald Privett (CS Silver Solstice) - ???

Rick Whittaker (AM red white & blue AMX) - ???

Novice:

Steve Meritz

Workers:

Travis - updated 8-5

Chuck - updated 8-5

Coleen - ???

So, that was it and if you have time, please check in and help me know who you all are. I am not going to do things last minute, well at least TRY!!! LMAO!!!

Cheers,

Jason Massey

jasonpmassey@gmail.com

Here is the flyer I made up for the event... Please post this all over GUYS an or GALS!!! Lets get some racers out here!!!

SCCAForums Image

Also, I blew up the map portion in case any one needs it:

SCCAForums Image

OneEyeMedia

--
    12 Jul 2008 12:49 PM

So, 24 people have viewed this and nothing to say?

Where are you Chiefs?

Also, could I get a co-drive from someone???

Cheers!!!

Mazda3

--
    14 Jul 2008 09:36 AM

Chief of Safety here! I got you covered!

Tom

OneEyeMedia

--
    14 Jul 2008 10:54 AM

I am going to update my first post with the people on the team list for the event to make things run smoothly.

I would like to get this list completed Aug 1st so if someone has to drop out we can cover them :)

Thanks in advance!

O6XRS

--
    14 Jul 2008 03:46 PM

mavisky

--
    15 Jul 2008 12:28 PM
    I should be able to do tech as usual
    OneEyeMedia

--
    18 Jul 2008 12:05 PM

Thanks Ladies/Gentlemen for the response and I have updated the list above.

I really do appreciate the input back and Steve S is getting the flyers/trophy inserts for me this weekend .

I would like to get together and work out some things for that event.

Steve K was thinking we could incorporate some of the Street Survival going on that Sat before the event. I plan to help them that day - so if you want to help there and have the time, please contact Steve K on this. We do not have to worry about the truck that day because of the SS going on Saturday :)

What times work for you guys to meet up for the event and what date sounds good for you gals/guys?

Thanks again,

Jason

Dasmopar

--
    18 Jul 2008 04:07 PM
    Travis and/ or Chuck. I signed up to work grid so you get to boss me around!!
    OneEyeMedia

--
    18 Jul 2008 04:31 PM

Dasmopar wrote:
    Travis and/ or Chuck. I signed up to work grid so you get to boss me around!!

I am the Event Master - I could boss you around to :) LMAO

OneEyeMedia

--
    21 Jul 2008 02:55 PM

Your thoughts?

I think the course was fun fromt he just past Verizon event and thought I would have the same setup. Give everyone that came to the TRF a second chance to kicking those butts that kicked theirs.

What do you think?

Post up guys...

mavisky

--
    21 Jul 2008 03:37 PM

I would like to see the turn right before you come back from the far lot opened up. The whole course was fast and flowing, but I always felt like I was having to stop when I came to that corner. Another 5 feet out and the corner could be alot more flowing and more fun.

OneEyeMedia

--
    21 Jul 2008 03:57 PM
    mavisky wrote:

I would like to see the turn right before you come back from the far lot opened up. The whole course was fast and flowing, but I always felt like I was having to stop when I came to that corner. Another 5 feet out and the corner could be alot more flowing and more fun.

Thanks Kyle - You look really FAST out there BTW!!!

Congrats on the win in someone else's car :) I did the same...sorry Bart!

There was a couple spots like that were I felt like I had to be almost stopped to get through. Very challenging for SURE :)

KBroeker

--
    21 Jul 2008 04:00 PM

I agree with Mavs on the first lot...too tight in the middle where you transition out of the right hand death spiral into the left hander. I also thought the offset between that section and the left hander/set-up for the cross-over between lots could have been relaxed a little and made the course more fun. I did not realize it when we set-up on Saturday, but the section after ths slolom in the second lot was quite similar to the first lot. I have yet even more ideas for some different elements that we have not explored that we might throw into the second lot. If we keep the long sweeping curves like we had for half of the first lot, I think we need to keep them in the first lot.

Always willing in to share/trade ideas on course design...

Any other feedback (positive and/or negative)?

mavisky

--
    21 Jul 2008 04:06 PM

First decreasing radius sweeper was fun. I'd love to have been able to play with that in a rwd car, I remember how well KB's awd was taking and could only imagine that corner while being able to steer with the throttle. Second lot couldn't handle that kind of sweeper with the condition of the pavement.

OneEyeMedia

--
    21 Jul 2008 04:38 PM

Mr. Broeker,

Lets get together and talk course design for the 17th with your ideas! If you have the time?

I loved the back sweeper! Lots of fun RWD - even if you take the wrong or right line :)

Weasel Keeper

--
    22 Jul 2008 12:22 AM

New guy opinion...run away now! [:P]

I thought the TRF course was a blast...even though the second group got to play in the marbles and torn up pavement and it got a little slippery in the first 90 degree corner in the first section and first 90 degree on the second section. Both sweepers were a blast even with FWD (got the back end loose which is how I like it). I didn't mind the transition from the front to back section too much because you could swing out wide a bit (and I did) before hitting the slaloms. The back hairpin esses was a bear because you had to either crawl through or slide the tires hoping to get a good run for the finish. I wonder about maybe changing the finish from a 90 degree where a lot of folks hit a cone or more to a straight line finish? That would be my only real "minor" gripe if I had to make one. I think the course was great. Fun for slipping around and yet technically challenging areas too. I probably wouldn't change a thing.

Cheers! [Beer]

bmonnin1
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    22 Jul 2008 10:55 PM
    KBroeker wrote:

I agree with Mavs on the first lot...too tight in the middle where you transition out of the right hand death spiral into the left hander. I also thought the offset between that section and the left hander/set-up for the cross-over between lots could have been relaxed a little and made the course more fun. I did not realize it when we set-up on Saturday, but the section after ths slolom in the second lot was quite similar to the first lot. I have yet even more ideas for some different elements that we have not explored that we might throw into the second lot. If we keep the long sweeping curves like we had for half of the first lot, I think we need to keep them in the first lot.

Always willing in to share/trade ideas on course design...

Any other feedback (positive and/or negative)?

I agree with Kyle on this. After you went through the big sweeper on the first lot it just got tighter then it needed to be to be challenging. Especially since we already know that the second lot has to be more of a handling type course because of the need to slow the cars down for the finish. Since we already know that the second lot has to be a handling course why not set up the first lot to be primarily a horsepower course. That would give you two totally different flavors for each lot and make it a little funner for the "big car" drivers. Let me know what you think.

Bart

mavisky

--
    23 Jul 2008 12:07 AM

Here's the map from an event last year.

Here's a little faster edited version of the course we just ran. Put another sweeper back into the technical course and then made the tighter spot on the technical side more like a sideways gate rather than a super tight s-curve.

Weasel Keeper

--
    23 Jul 2008 04:25 AM

Ah ha! That's where JPM said folks were running :38s last year during the walkaround and I looked at him like he was crazy after seeing the current course. Both of those courses look like they have a lot more "flow" with only one real technical area near the finish.

Fast or technical, it all looks fun to me now...lol.

OneEyeMedia

--
    23 Jul 2008 07:41 AM

Meet up with Chris last night to see the damages on the lot. WOW!!! There are a few spots out there that will need some attention to. Some spots maybe can be avoided with a slightly adjusted course and yet keep the course flow at top. I will try to post later some of the spots. Mostly in the back lot where we turned to get ready for the straight towards the sweeper. It has many open spots. And then the lot nearest to T&S in the back section before entering the sweeper just out of the slalom has many bad spots as well.

I was tell Chris last night it would be nice to find a asphalt company that would work out a deal with us as for advertising and such for fixing our bads on the lots. We could get a banner with their name or something - I do not know, just by the looks of how much is out there to fix, going to take some time to heal.

I am going to work on the map thing tonight - at worst I will have the bad spots pointed out for posting tomorrow.

Thank you everyone for all you input! - keep it coming :)

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner