G-LOC Brakes
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 05 Aug 2008 10:55 AM by  RonConrad
Aug 17th FWSCCA Verizon Event check in...
 38 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
OneEyeMedia

--
23 Jul 2008 07:56 AM

Got it done quicker than expected :)

Please see photo and key for details:

SCCAForums Image

Weasel Keeper

--
29 Jul 2008 02:07 AM

Hmmm...might not make it afterall with the #72 Neon. I dipped a couple tires off track into the wet grass at Nelson Ledges Ohio on Sunday at about 90mph and it threw me across track into a tire barrier (more a pile of tires) and I rolled her 360 back onto her wheels. Could have continued but the driver side mirror was hanging and they wouldn't let me back on track after I pitted for a black flag "meatball"...grrr.

Mostly cosmetic damage (already most dents pounded out), cracked windshield, and maybe a strut blown...but I drove it 280 miles back home Sunday night. [:D]

My left side ribs are a little sore, but I'm so glad the car has a 10 point roll cage and 7 point harness.

OneEyeMedia

--
29 Jul 2008 07:48 AM
Weasel Keeper wrote:

Hmmm...might not make it afterall with the #72 Neon. I dipped a couple tires off track into the wet grass at Nelson Ledges Ohio on Sunday at about 90mph and it threw me across track into a tire barrier (more a pile of tires) and I rolled her 360 back onto her wheels. Could have continued but the driver side mirror was hanging and they wouldn't let me back on track after I pitted for a black flag "meatball"...grrr.

Mostly cosmetic damage (already most dents pounded out), cracked windshield, and maybe a strut blown...but I drove it 280 miles back home Sunday night. [:D]

My left side ribs are a little sore, but I'm so glad the car has a 10 point roll cage and 7 point harness.

Good to hear you are doing well and you will be missed on race day! True HARDCORE!!!

OneEyeMedia

--
31 Jul 2008 10:15 AM

Hello EVERYONE,

I wanted to let you know I update the team setup. Andy will not be able to come on the 17th, so if someone is interested in filling in this position of Timing and Scoring - I and the FWSCCA would greatly appreciate it :)

I have all the trophy stuff ready and I have been getting some flyers out and about. Looks like we have 11 only reg'd for the event. Ouch!!!

I am looking for some help with course setup/design - not sure after our last visit; but we may have to adjust from the last time there.

CHRIS- are pot holes fixed??? Please contact me :)

Thanks for your time :)

skillet

--
03 Aug 2008 06:26 PM
How will this compare (in size) to the event at the coloseum?
KBroeker

--
03 Aug 2008 09:40 PM

Jason-

I was counting on helping set-up and design for the 17th event. If we can get the same crew (awesome help last time) then we can meet on Saturday night again (16th) and knock it out quickly (Rainer, I will drive the truck slower this time). I think we will not have the same exact course, but maybe some similarities in the first (western-most) section. I think we need to do something radically different in the second lot (it was too much like the first section last time). Call me to discuss ideas and let me know what you think.

We need to either leave a lane to enter from the front/west-side or else post someone on the approach road to that side early (Ron Gallmeyer helped last time) to help with traffic flow. Even after we set up the signs, people were confused in July.

As always, I will help in any way I can early on Sunday. I will probably boogie without helping on the tail end since I would have took time on Saturday. Who is getting the truck for Saturday?

mavisky

--
03 Aug 2008 11:29 PM
It will be a good bit smaller than what the coliseum event was, We're working with about half the square footage.
skillet

--
04 Aug 2008 07:59 AM

Are there any events as large or larger than the Coloseum? How about those pot holes/trouble spots out there at Verizon? Will we have to watch out for those areas?

OneEyeMedia

--
04 Aug 2008 08:54 AM
skillet wrote:

Are there any events as large or larger than the Coloseum? How about those pot holes/trouble spots out there at Verizon? Will we have to watch out for those areas?

Coliseum was our largest event site - but the Kruse in Auburn, In is pretty big to. Verizon offers a fairly fast and technical setup. Nothing like Coliseum.

As for the pot holes - we work around them and fill them. This will be taken care of.

If you are driving the mini - you will have a fun time at Verizon!!!

Kyle - Email me your phone number. I need to talk with ya!

As for the truck - Street Survival is on Saturday and the truck will already be there for us :) I need to talk with Kammayer to be sure on details. I think a course is being setup Friday night for the SS and then we can change things up Saturday might for the event Sunday. I am going to be an instructor at SS on Saturday.

Talk to you soon Broke... If you call end up calling me - can you wait until after 7 pm :)

Cheers

KBroeker

--
04 Aug 2008 12:52 PM

JPM-

"You've got mail". And, I forgot about the TRSS. Kammeyer had already told me about it. So, it would be good to just set up after that. Do you know when it is scheduled to end?

bmonnin1
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
04 Aug 2008 04:27 PM

Last time it ended by 5:00, I would assume about the same time this time around. I will be there as an instructor for the SS also so I can help set-up.

Bart

OneEyeMedia

--
05 Aug 2008 08:04 AM
bmonnin1 wrote:

Last time it ended by 5:00, I would assume about the same time this time around. I will be there as an instructor for the SS also so I can help set-up.

Bart

Bart if you cool with it, I added you to SSS.

I also updated the work list on the 1st page.

Will send out a mass email some time today.

Jason

skillet

--
05 Aug 2008 08:48 AM
Do any of you guys use driving gloves? Is it beneficial to have them...?
bmonnin1
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
05 Aug 2008 08:48 AM
JPMRacing26 wrote:
bmonnin1 wrote:

Bart

Bart if you cool with it, I added you to SSS.

I also updated the work list on the 1st page.

Will send out a mass email some time today.

Jason

Cool with me.

Bart

OneEyeMedia

--
05 Aug 2008 09:05 AM

Driving Gloves... NOPE. I tried them one time and hated them :)

Thanks BART!!!

If anyone has email or phone numbers for Donald Privett (CS Silver Solstice) and Rick Whitacre (AM red white & blue AMX), could you email them to me? jasonpmassey@gmail.com

Thanks

skillet

--
05 Aug 2008 09:08 AM
Thanks for the input. Is there anything you recommend for this? I've got a helmet and Piloti shoes at the moment. Anything else? Thanks!
OneEyeMedia

--
05 Aug 2008 09:08 AM

Making a change on the Event Workers:

(based on if they show)

Donald Privett (CS Silver Solstice) and Rick Whitacre (AM red white & blue AMX) will be my grid workers...

And I will put Chuck and Travis as Worker Chiefs

I updated the list on main page.

Thanks, Jason

OneEyeMedia

--
05 Aug 2008 09:15 AM

skillet wrote:
Thanks for the input. Is there anything you recommend for this? I've got a helmet and Piloti shoes at the moment. Anything else? Thanks!

Sunscreen

Water

Umbrella - rain or shine event

Take out extra stuff the night before - such as belongs, not car parts. No loose items other than what you need for the event.

Make sure battery is tighten down and any new parts you may have just put on.

Make sure all lugs nuts are accounted for and bring extra, maybe - never know.

Make sure DL is updated (drivers liscense.)

You have plenty of air in tire.

gosh - what else guys. this should about do it!

oh, if you are a SCCA member - bring you member card :)

See you there!!!

Cheers,

Jason

RonConrad
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
05 Aug 2008 10:55 AM
I use leather batting gloves...they are cheap ($12) but work nicely
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Leroy Engineering Micro Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner