FWR SCCA Equipment Truck Storage
 10 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
KBroeker

--
18 Jul 2008 05:33 PM

I got a voicemail for Steve Kammeyer late today and I have not been able to reach him, but it looks like we need storage for the equipment truck after this Sunday's event. It would be great if this storage is for at least the remainder of the season, but anything that bides us time until we can come up with a "permanent solution " will be helpfull. I would take it in myself, but I am sure there is something in my neighborhood association rules that would forbid storing it at the house and I have no other place (my office is in PA). I will be getting on the road here within the next ten minutes and will be traveling for 2 hours. This truck is used for and stores mainly Solo equipment, so it would be nice if one of us Autocrossers would offer a solution. As I know Steve is pre-occupied at this time, for this evening, if you think you have a solulution that you can offer (not just an idea, but something you can control), please call my cell at 260-479-0632 (local call within Ft. Wayne).

Thanks,

Kyle Broeker

KBroeker

--
    19 Jul 2008 01:14 PM
    ....crickets....
    FTW_FRC

--
    19 Jul 2008 03:42 PM

I might/probably have a place to store the yellow banana boat.

I will be out at Verizon tonight at 6:00pm if its not pouring down rain to help if needed. [Y]

I won't know about the storage deal until monday however.

Chris

KBroeker

--
    21 Jul 2008 03:51 PM

Chris-

Any update on the potential storage?

FTW_FRC

--
    22 Jul 2008 04:15 PM

Not yet. My buddy at work decided to extend his camping trip a coupla days.

He is supposed to be back tomorrow. Will let you know tomorow night.

Sorry for the delay.

FTW_FRC

--
    24 Jul 2008 08:18 AM

Update.

Talked to my friend and he has room out in Markle for the truck. A little closer to home than Huntington and a straight shot up I-69 to the various venues.

He has been trying to get ahold of his business partner to discuss it. No luck so far. He is going to try again today. So we will see.

Fingers crossed.

Mazda3

--
    24 Jul 2008 08:32 AM

Hey guys, here is my suggestion on where to store the truck. NAPA in the 14/69 Automall is in the old Denny's Marina location. Last time I was there it looks like they have tons of room out back, where they used to store the boats. Perhaps they might be willing to trade storage for advertising in our newsletter. Let them know that we have insurance coverage on the truck, because this has been the biggest concern for places not wanting to store it for us, due to liability. Worth a shot.

Tom

OneEyeMedia

--
    25 Jul 2008 01:59 PM

Also, why not the Fort Wayne Fair Grounds? I know you can store RV's and that out there. Why not the truck?

I asked around here at work and no luck... sorry :)

FTW_FRC

--
    25 Jul 2008 06:36 PM

Ok here it is. Finally got word back.

Place is SW of Markle, IN about 3 miles.

2933 E, 300 South is the address. Google Earth will find it for you with this addy.

They have a spot for the bannana boat, however, someone else is looking to rent this building from them.

But the spot can still be had for $20-25/month for all year long or however long we want to keep it there. Payment schedule is very negotiable.

Let me know what you guys want to do. [Beer]

KBroeker

--
    29 Jul 2008 06:19 PM

Chris-

Sorry for the slow response and thanks for looking into this. I did not see this until late Sunday and wanted to talk to Steve Kaymmeyer before responding to you (which I just did). Right now, our Treasurer is unavailable and I guess Steve wants to review this with him before we go further. Look for a post before the end of the week.

FTW_FRC

--
    30 Jul 2008 03:53 PM

Sounds good. I was a little disappointed that they want to charge us. But they are in business to make a $.

Will check back later in the week. Or we can talk Sunday at the race.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner