6 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Garold Shaffer

--
04 Aug 2008 08:09 AM

HI Guys,

There were 5 of us from INR Region that drove the 2+ hours to run at your event August 3rd. We all just wanted to say you ran a GREAT event. Thank you for all the hard work. We had a great time. thanks again!

Garold Shaffer

RE INR SCCA

smitch

--
    04 Aug 2008 08:56 AM

So I go home and see Fort Wayne Scca Region on the 5 o'clock news (yeah I left early work nights). I think to myself... hey thats pretty cool. I go to work and take my lunch (mind you 4:00 am in the morning) and see FWSCCA on the front page of the Journal Gazette. I think again to myself...that flip'n crazy. I had two people from work asking me if I was racing out at the Coliseum and asking general questions about autoxing. Again, wow!

Anyways... just want to join this guy above and say well done!

That is how an autox is supposed to be done. You guys should be very proud of what you accomplished. Awesome event.

oh, and whoever was announcing first heat...mad mic skillz. I took notes.

Peppler33CS
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    04 Aug 2008 10:47 AM

I just checked the online edition of the Journal Gazette and read the story about Mike DeArmond! http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/.../808040344

I always thought it would be cool to have results appear in the newspaper as well like other amateur sports.

acrace
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    04 Aug 2008 11:10 AM

Okay, so while I'm not from INR and am from Detroit Region, I also wanted to add my THANKS for a fun day and an excellent event. I'm sure that there were many little glitches, but FWR adapted well and kept things running smoothly.

I also may be one of the few that remembers running at the Coliseum many years ago. What a excellent site. Offers a great "canvas" for a course design, having the ballpark open was cool (real restrooms!) and the site offered the ability to have good security. Hope that FWR gets to use the site again.

By the way, the announcer first heat was Raleigh Boreen. He always does a great job, and announces at many of the GASS and larger scale events. He's also emcee'd the awards banquet at Nationals. A great benchmark for "wanna bee" announcers.

KBroeker

--
    04 Aug 2008 01:09 PM

Other regions, there was some talk early in the season of making this a "challenge" event. We did not get our "poop in a scoop" quick enough for that, but with the success of this years "non-challenge", what do other regions think of making it a Challenge event next year?

By the way, our region usually does not have to pay for sites, but we did for the Coliseum. Many were nervous that we might loose money. With the excellent turn-out, I think we may have broken even, but I am not the numbers guy, so I am not sure.

Thanks to all who traveled from afar to join us in enjoying what is our passion for many of us.

+1 to Al Chan re: Raleigh

copterdr

--
    04 Aug 2008 03:39 PM
    I woul also like to thank you guys. I had a great time. Too bad I can't count, thought I had all 5 runs but only did 4 [:|] Hope to see some of you at the Subie event at LFT>
    wrheadle

--
    04 Aug 2008 06:55 PM
    smitch wrote:

oh, and whoever was announcing first heat...mad mic skillz. I took notes.

Raleigh Boreen (red CSP Miata). He aanounces at Nationals every year. Great guy. Felt like a GASS/CENDIV event with him on the mic.

Bill

You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner