V for Victory Aug. 17th
 13 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Dasmopar

--
11 Aug 2008 08:12 AM

Whats the scoop on this site? What kinda surface? Decent size to it? Is it worth the trip from Toledo to run here?

Thanks for any info.

Lon

mavisky

--
    11 Aug 2008 12:22 PM

It's a couple of lots linked together. We grid on one of them and race on 2 of the others. The 2 we race on are asphalt and are getting torn up in spots after only a couple of events there. Here's an overhead view -

SCCAForums Image

and here's a course we ran there last year - MS paint rules!!

SCCAForums Image

Dasmopar

--
    11 Aug 2008 03:04 PM
    Looks like a worthy lot. I'm pretty sure I will be coming so bring all your AS cars out.
    OneEyeMedia

--
    11 Aug 2008 04:25 PM

Dasmopar wrote:
    Looks like a worthy lot. I'm pretty sure I will be coming so bring all your AS cars out.

My couch is open if you need a place to crash Saturday so you do not have to get up so early. Up to you though :)

I have Kyle B working up a course design and he had a layout of all the bad spots. He races in STX in an AWD - So I am sure he will build us a nice fun/fast/tech course. And will avoid all bad areas as well.

It is a fun lot, just not as open as Kruse or the Coliseum :(

Thanks for driving from a far brother!!! Big PROP's your way :)

Dasmopar

--
    11 Aug 2008 08:14 PM
    JPMRacing26 wrote:

Dasmopar wrote:

My couch is open if you need a place to crash Saturday so you do not have to get up so early. Up to you though :)

I have Kyle B working up a course design and he had a layout of all the bad spots. He races in STX in an AWD - So I am sure he will build us a nice fun/fast/tech course. And will avoid all bad areas as well.

It is a fun lot, just not as open as Kruse or the Coliseum :(

Thanks for driving from a far brother!!! Big PROP's your way :)

Wow thanks for the offer but that will never work for me. I have a really hard time falling asleep in my own bed when I'm excited about a race so I would just end up laying on your couch all night wondering when we can leave for the event. Thanks though!!

OneEyeMedia

--
    12 Aug 2008 01:49 PM

not a problem SIR!

I think I am going to plan a cook out - so if you chnage your mind, door is open!

Cheers

OneEyeMedia

--
    14 Aug 2008 01:12 PM
    Saturday
    Mostly Sunny
    Hi: 80°
    Lo: 59°
    Mostly Sunny
    Sunday
    Partly Cloudy
    Hi: 84°
    Lo: 63°
    Partly Cloudy
    Dasmopar

--
    16 Aug 2008 03:21 PM
    Can you PM me you address incase I decide to come down today? Maybe a phone number? You had me at cookout. lol
    KBroeker

--
    16 Aug 2008 08:27 PM
    Thanks to Jason M., Bart M., Chris C. & Steve M. the course set-up went well. We made a few adjustments on the fly (there were a few patched spots that we hadn't anticipated) and I think we will have a nicely flowing course. It is not the busiest course ever and I think the fast times might be less than 40, but I think it will be fun.
    skillet

--
    16 Aug 2008 09:39 PM
    How are the races set up? Will it be like the Grissom Event where there were two heats. We watched cones for 1 heat (while heat 1 ran 4 times) or will we run and then watch the cones? I do have to leave early (2pm) to be over at Lutheran Hospital. I was hoping to get a couple of runs in before I had to leave...Thanks.
    KBroeker

--
    17 Aug 2008 04:29 PM
    I'm glad you could make it out. Sorry you had to leave, but I am glad you are taking care of "medical issues". Hope you can make it out for the next two events at Kruse.
    OneEyeMedia

--
    17 Aug 2008 07:00 PM

KBroeker wrote:
    Thanks to Jason M., Bart M., Chris C. & Steve M. the course set-up went well. We made a few adjustments on the fly (there were a few patched spots that we hadn't anticipated) and I think we will have a nicely flowing course. It is not the busiest course ever and I think the fast times might be less than 40, but I think it will be fun.

Yes - THANKS A LOT guys for coming out and helping with this!!! This made things really nice and for us to not be out there all night. It also made it possible for us to build an excellent course. MAD PROPS KYLE B and the plannin gof it :P

Thank you everyone for your help today at the event and those of you I did not say thanks because I missed you - THANKS!!!

A special thanks to:

Mark Colby, The Britans, Steve Meirtz, Chris and Anita (sp), and Rainer (sp) for helping at the end on tearing down all of the T&S/PA equipment, generator/air tank, picking up all course cones, all corner station stuff, loading it all in the truck. This was a BIG HELP!!! This is something that really takes as much time putting out as picking it all up. WOOT!!! Dinner with you guys was fun!

Don and Rick - thanks for cleaning up grid at the end of the day :P WOOT!!!

Safety Stewards - for looking out on course carnage. We should get a Asphalt Sponsor for that site???

And everyone else - thanks A LOT!!! :P

Cheers,

Jason Massey

skillet

--
    18 Aug 2008 09:38 AM

Thanks to everyone who made yesterday's event awesome! My wife and I had a blast (just wished I could have gotten the other 3 runs in, but oh well...). I'm hoping I can make it to the Kruse event, but our first child is due tomorrow [<:o)] I may be out of contention for the rest of the season... So, we'll see... Thanks again!

Brian

OneEyeMedia

--
    18 Aug 2008 03:40 PM

if any one minds shooting me a link to their photos from the event, that would be cool. I would like to use a couple for my Event Master article.

JM

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner