SPS 468x60 Banner
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 15 Aug 2008 08:32 AM by  SpyderVenom
First Gen. MR2 and parts car. Anyone racing these??
 5 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
aw11 MR2

--
11 Aug 2008 11:57 AM
    I have a naturally aspirated 86 MR2 and an 87 parts car. I have to do something with them because my landlord doesn't want them around anymore. I'm hoping to see them go to good use so if anyone in the New England area is looking for a car to race I'd love to get involved and see them go to good use. If anyone is looking for one as a personal vehicle, they're available for sale also. I just don't want to see them get into the hands of hackers.
    SpyderVenom

--
    11 Aug 2008 01:17 PM

Define hackers?

I've been looking and am hoping to buy one for the 24 Hours of LeMons races next year. We're playing this year with an '87 Corolla FX16. What were you looking to get for them if you were going to sell them?

aw11 MR2

--
    13 Aug 2008 07:31 AM
    Pertaining to these cars a hacker would be someone who wanted to put a chevy 350 or something in there and wreck the weight ratio. I don't really want to see the good car turn into a parts car, but I guess I'll take it as it comes. I'm looking to get $2000.00 for the pair if I sell them. Still sort of hoping to find someone who wants to put together a team to race this thing as an MR2, or an existing team who can put her to use and I can get involved. ::shrug::
    SpyderVenom

--
    13 Aug 2008 09:24 AM

You may have misinterpreted what I wrote. My team is looking to race an MR2 next year, not just use it for parts.

How would you want to get involved? My team is out of Philly.

aw11 MR2

--
    14 Aug 2008 08:43 PM
    Excellent. Philadelphia is a bit out of the way for me. lol. If you were in the New Hampshire, Mass, Maine, Vermont area I'd be interested in helping with the mechanicals and maintenance. Not to mention I work in auto parts and have decent opportunity to get parts cheap and maybe even a partial sponsorship. If your team's interested in buying her and the parts car, let me know and I'll try to get you all the details.
    SpyderVenom

--
    15 Aug 2008 08:32 AM
    I saw your for sale post and that's a bit out of our price range for this race - $500 cars max. We are going to pass. I think that we found a 4AGZE engine that we are going to put in the Corolla for next year.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner