8 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
SpeedTeacher

--
01 Sep 2008 05:39 PM

Hey Everyone,

I would like to introduce The RPM Racing League. Its something I am putting together for next year. Here is how it works:

The league follows the same setup as a bowling league. Autocross each week, earn points for your performance.

Teams will be made up of three people. A 'league' consists of four teams (12 people per league total).

There will be a variety of league times available throughout the week (morning, afternoon and evening). I may have a couple on Saturday morning as well.

Participants will use our cars... Mazda3 Hatchbacks (like Tom Miller's blue one). Each participant will get three or four runs (depending on length of course).

We will run the course one week, and then reverse it the next. The third week we will then go back to the original, etc. We use your fastest time in the first five weeks. In week six, we combine all of your runs to get your master score for the final week. Consider that your 'final exam'.

Drivers will be ranked on their team based on their performance-to-date. So, each team will have an A, B and C player. Each week the A drivers will compete against each other, B drivers against the other B drivers, etc... Points will be assessed based on how well you do. We will keep statistics for each driver and each team.

Right now we are offering a special price if you pay before October 31st, 2008. It will be $35 per week (per person) for the first 5 weeks. On week 6, you don't pay anything. The price goes up to $45 a week (per person) on November 1st. This is part of our initiative to raise the capital required to build our site.

I WILL HAVE MY OWN PERMANENT COURSE. I think it would be great to have autocrossers out there kicking things off. I would like to throw out a challenge though... if you autocross, then grab a couple of people who would be interested, but don't regularly autocross and form a team. There will be a lot of people in the leagues who haven't autocrossed before, so a stacked team wouldn't be as much fun. But if that is the only way you'd be interested, then BRING IT!

If anyone has any questions, let me know. I can guarantee you... it will be tons of fun.

Todd James - www.rpmchallengeusa.com

hondas2kcr

--
    01 Sep 2008 08:36 PM
    That sounds like a great idea and i think it will get lots of new people involved in the sport. Do you know where the site is gonna be for it and when it is gonna start? Any more info you have i would love to hear!
    SpeedTeacher

--
    02 Sep 2008 07:47 AM

We are narrowing down our options. I should nail down a site in the next couple weeks. Check out the website and it will give you a jump start on information. I can also answer questions at the next autocross.

We should be up and going by April of next year. I will definitely keep everyone posted.

Todd James

bmonnin1
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    02 Sep 2008 11:25 AM

Looking over the website (by the way you misspelled the website address, forgot the "e" at the end of challenge) looks like there is much more going on then just an autocross league. The drivers training program your going to have is an excellent idea. Don't know how much actual training time you will be able to get in one four hour session, especially with an autocross at the end of it, but it is better then what our young people are getting now. Hope you have a lot of success with this idea and that the idea spreads throughout the USA.

One question, is this dedicated lot you building going to be available on Sunday's so we don't have to bounce around Verizon's lot next year? Inquiring minds want to know.

mavisky

--
    02 Sep 2008 01:45 PM

Website looks great Todd. We should get together this week sometime. Let me know when you're available.

Also TJ, you may want to edit the first post to clarify whether it's $35 per person or per team per event.

OneEyeMedia

--
    02 Sep 2008 02:46 PM

I am up for the CHALLENG...E :P

Will look over the site later...too many eyes here at work :P

LAtes

Shawn IN

--
    02 Sep 2008 04:12 PM
    Must 3 people join for the league? What if you only have 1 or 2 people sign up?
    SpeedTeacher

--
    02 Sep 2008 05:24 PM
    bmonnin1 wrote:

Looking over the website (by the way you misspelled the website address, forgot the "e" at the end of challenge) looks like there is much more going on then just an autocross league. The drivers training program your going to have is an excellent idea. Don't know how much actual training time you will be able to get in one four hour session, especially with an autocross at the end of it, but it is better then what our young people are getting now. Hope you have a lot of success with this idea and that the idea spreads throughout the USA.

One question, is this dedicated lot you building going to be available on Sunday's so we don't have to bounce around Verizon's lot next year? Inquiring minds want to know.

Fixed the website address (DUH!).

The teen portion of the program is very specifically designed to maximize those four hours. Our focus is on what we call 'failure moments'... those times when teens put themselves in a situation where the odds of failure (accident, traffic ticket, etc.) versus success are out of whack. We address what we call 'educational amnesia'. Kids can be taught, but its what they can recall in the heat of a dangerous situation that really matters. Its all about triggers. What triggers their original decision to enter a 'failure moment' and then what do they do to get out of it. We focus on a few key principles over and over to drive it home (no pun intended). Kids learn by rote (repetition) and there is a science tied to how young people learn.

This course I am building will be mine full-time. I have sent an e-mail to our Regional Executive for SCCA (Steve) to explain what I was doing. I would like to continue to support the SCCA. The club has been great to me over the past nine years. We'll see how things work out. Either way, there will be lots of opportunities to have fun. We only have a couple of our activities on the website. There are at least five different activities/events that are unique and exciting.

By the way... I AM LOOKING FOR INVESTORS. If anyone would like invest and would want to take a deeper look at what I am doing, let me know. I am offering a 12% return over five years. The current 5 year CD rate is around 3.5% to 4.5%. I AM VERY SERIOUS!!!

Todd James

SpeedTeacher

--
    02 Sep 2008 05:26 PM

If someone wants to sign up as an individual, that's great. We will have a mix of teams and individuals who sign up. We can put you on a team once everything settles down.

By the way, we will have instruction available during the league, so we'll give everyone pointers to get faster.

Todd James

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner