30 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
STSProbeGT

--
14 Sep 2008 09:51 PM

But no more Probe...for me. I have gone rear wheel drive with a 03 Mustang GT. It don't really impress me that much but I miss solo! My daughter will be driving her 96 Probe GT for her very first solo. I hope she likes it because she has her Dad's love of driving. I can't wait to see her racing!...I make her do burn outs all the time in front of the house.

This is Jake BTW...hehe

RonConrad
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    15 Sep 2008 03:27 PM
    We'll be at the 10/12 event...are you coming to that one?
    STSProbeGT

--
    15 Sep 2008 03:48 PM

Depends I might be able to make it

RonConrad
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    15 Sep 2008 08:16 PM
    That would be great! My daughters Zoe, and Tiffany will be there with my grandson Bryan. Eric (my son) plans to co-drive my Civic. It would be great to see you again.
    STSProbeGT

--
    15 Sep 2008 10:04 PM

Yeah it wold be good to see you guys again. Heard you moved south....hope all is well!

If any one sees or talks to Kurt tell him sorry about missing his call. By the time I got the message his number was gone from my phone....and for some reason I don't think the number I have/had works anymore.

OneEyeMedia

--
    15 Sep 2008 10:09 PM
    STSProbeGT wrote:

Yeah it wold be good to see you guys again. Heard you moved south....hope all is well!

If any one sees or talks to Kurt tell him sorry about missing his call. By the time I got the message his number was gone from my phone....and for some reason I don't think the number I have/had works anymore.

You talking about Kurt Lothamer?

If so, I live next to him and I have his number and email if you would like it.

Cheers,

Jason

sts38
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    15 Sep 2008 10:11 PM
    STSProbeGT wrote:

JAKE!!! Glad to see you back!!!

Travis

Bigblockbandit

--
    16 Sep 2008 07:23 AM
    STSProbeGT wrote:

But no more Probe...for me. I have gone rear wheel drive with a 03 Mustang GT. It don't really impress me that much but I miss solo!

This is Jake BTW...hehe

If you are not impressed you must not be doing it right! I plan on making the last 2 at Kruse as well. Hope to run into you there.

STSProbeGT

--
    16 Sep 2008 03:16 PM

Well it's just don't feel that fast...come on 280 hp isn't that much. I am pretty sure my old red probe would school this Mustang. I know it not totally equal grounds but I didn't buy it to race...it's my gas saver. The truck (still have it) was killing me with the 12mpg. Did get some flomasters put on the stang and hopefully have springs, shocks/struts and cold air intake before the autcross. I don't care what class I end up running for now...but it will end up being an ESP car. I still have a race rubber for the probe...maybe I'll throw those on for the daughter.

STSProbeGT

--
    16 Sep 2008 03:19 PM
    JPMRacing26 wrote:
    STSProbeGT wrote:

You talking about Kurt Lothamer?

If so, I live next to him and I have his number and email if you would like it.

Cheers,

Jason

Yeah thats the guy! If you want just PM me his number and I'll get ahold of him.

OneEyeMedia

--
    16 Sep 2008 06:13 PM
    Bigblockbandit wrote:
    STSProbeGT wrote:

If you are not impressed you must not be doing it right! I plan on making the last 2 at Kruse as well. Hope to run into you there.

Sweet, I love watching you drive the wheels off that thing!

Sending you a pm now Jake. I am trying to remember who you are. I know I have probably met you...just cannot remember :P

STSProbeGT

--
    16 Sep 2008 08:11 PM

Maybe this will jog your memory..there are a total of 5 videos on youtube from me. They are all from the same lapping day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkTgPiOsQlE

STSProbeGT

--
    16 Sep 2008 08:16 PM
    Just figured out who BigBlock is...Sean! Still driving the smokey and the bandit car? Love that thing
    Bigblockbandit

--
    17 Sep 2008 07:19 AM

Jake,

Yep, been driving that one for 24 years, and still making upgrades. I am building its Autocross replacement, slowly. I picked up a wrecked 04 cobra Mustang and a factory five cobra. The 2 mated together should provide some entertainment. 540hp and 2200#, i may need to go back to school and learn how to drive with a little more finnesse instead of raw power and entertainment value. Probably be another year before it makes its debut. Im hoping to get a lot done this winter since the home renovation projects are finally under control.

Later

mavisky

--
    17 Sep 2008 01:08 PM
    Cool, I'll be at the last event in my dad's 04 GT convertible with 17x9's and 17x10's with street tires to see how it does in STU. First time I've ever autox'ed a stockish high hp rwd car so it should be fun comparing my times to yours.
    Bigblockbandit

--
    17 Sep 2008 02:45 PM

I'm trying to talk Bob into dragging out the old Vette for these events as well. We run a lot closer times on the slick surface at Kruse...

Thats what i bought for the cobra, 17's, tire choices are going to be a lot better than the 15" selection i have right now. I'm trying to talk my Mom into loaning me her new mustang as well, 08 gt500 convertable, doubt i get the job done if she finds out what i have in mind. Thats terrible, im 40 and my Mom won't give me the keys to her new car, afraid i might put a little wear on the tires.

OneEyeMedia

--
    17 Sep 2008 03:02 PM
    Bigblockbandit wrote:

I'm trying to talk Bob into dragging out the old Vette for these events as well. We run a lot closer times on the slick surface at Kruse...

Thats what i bought for the cobra, 17's, tire choices are going to be a lot better than the 15" selection i have right now. I'm trying to talk my Mom into loaning me her new mustang as well, 08 gt500 convertable, doubt i get the job done if she finds out what i have in mind. Thats terrible, im 40 and my Mom won't give me the keys to her new car, afraid i might put a little wear on the tires.

If you brought that out it would be one of the first autox's around here where they would see the GT500 get drove hard! Usually when I have went to events with the special cars like that they are real Sunday driving around the course on a Sunday! Very frustrating when you are working a corner!

STSProbeGT

--
    17 Sep 2008 03:26 PM
    Bigblockbandit wrote:

Just go steal it...your mom wouldn't put dear loving son in jail would she? Plus I would would be cool to see that car put through it's paces. Bob don't run the vette much anymore? But it would be nice to see how namy of us old timers we can get out for the last 2 events.

mavisky

--
    17 Sep 2008 03:50 PM
    We had a GT500 at the school this year, and Bill Headlee was laughing saying how there was nowhere on course you could go WOT at Navistar in the thing without putting on a smoke show.
    Bigblockbandit

--
    17 Sep 2008 04:23 PM

Traction control system wont let it spin the tires unless you shut it off, my 04 has the same system and I will install it in the ffr with the defeat switch. It would be fun but I really doubt ill talk them into it while its so new. Dad was telling me all about how balanced the car was and it would not even spin a tire taking off etc... I reached up and shut off the Traction control, then set it sideways. he let me know that button was never to be pushed again!

Bob blew the 400 in the vette and got into a hassle with the toledo club last year and has not been back. I think he is ready to take another torn at it. We wnt pretty hard at it for a couple years running both FW and toledo events and got a little burnt out. Now with my kids in sports and wanting to go to the lake every weekend its a little hard to get out much in the summer. I need to get the boys a cart and get them started so we can all go, might be how i solve my issues.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner