10 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
SpeedTeacher

--
30 Sep 2008 10:51 PM

All,

Earlier I had mentioned that I was putting together a couple driving programs. Everything is going very well. In fact, I have started a waiting list for our two main programs.

If you are interested in participating in the initial RPM Racing League (starts in April), let me know and I will put you on the list. Our plan was to start with 20 teams, but I already have 12 teams on the list, so we are most likely bumping that to 40 teams. The details are below, but don't wait til the last minute. We are shooting to add 8 new teams a week to fill our roster.

- Each team is 3 people.

- The league lasts 6 weeks and will be in the Fort Wayne area.

- Cost is $35 per driver, per week. You will use our Mazda 3's, all prepped identically.

- Times will be available in the morning (for night shift people) and in the afternoon/evening. We will also have a couple on Saturday mornings. If you want a custom time, all you have to do is sign up four teams of three (12 people total) and we will create a league specifically for you.

- The course will be the same each week for the first league, to keep things simple. The first five weeks we will take your fastest time. The sixth week we will take all of your runs and add them together as your official time. We will keep track of the 'course record' and will have awards at the end of the year for the fastest drivers.

- The Corvette League (same as the Mazda 3 league, but $90 per week) will start in the summer on a limited basis. We will then add cars as interest grows. We will be featuring the C5 Z06. Those with autocross experience must attend one Mazda 3 league before competing in the Corvette League. All others will need at least two sessions of the Mazda league. The initial Corvette League has just 12 spots. If you are interested, you can sign up now. So far we have two spots filled.

Right now we are just putting together our list. We don't require any money right now. The EVO is going in Glenbrook Mall from October 15th until November 15th to help kick off our extensive marketing campaign.

** Special Offer ** Each team who signs up four additional teams (twelve drivers) will get to autocross the Z06 at a Fort Wayne SCCA autocross event at no charge (we will pay your entry free and buy you lunch as well).

Let me know if you are interested!

Thank you!

Todd James - The RPM Group

Bigblockbandit

--
    01 Oct 2008 07:24 AM

Interesting concept Todd! I always thought it would be interesting for the FWR to host a one day event simular to what you are doing. Everybody post laps in identical cars, kind of put an end to the who's car/ driver combinations are better would'nt it?

Good luck

Shawn IN

--
    01 Oct 2008 12:11 PM
    I put my info in the website when you first gave it out. Was that good enough to reserve a spot?
    SpeedTeacher

--
    01 Oct 2008 02:10 PM

Yes, consider your spot reserved!

Todd J.

mavisky

--
    01 Oct 2008 02:19 PM
    Sounds awesome Todd, now to find 2 other people willing to join a team with me :D
    wrheadle

--
    01 Oct 2008 06:10 PM

Todd-

Do you have a location lined up?

Bill

SpeedTeacher

--
    01 Oct 2008 08:51 PM

Hey Bill,

We are finalizing the details on a location right now. I should have more info in about two weeks. Once everything is in place, I will let everyone know. We anticipate building our own facility in 2010.

Todd

Weasel Keeper

--
    09 Oct 2008 11:22 PM

This sounds pretty cool, I'm interested! I'm pretty sure I can get two other drivers (one for certain, we drive together all the time).

Is there going to be more than one "season"?

Are there any other costs other than $35 a week per driver?

Is this SCCA sanctioned, or just a private league?

Worst case...what if a car gets torn up (engine, tranny, etc)? (insurance?)

How many cars?

Prizes? [;)]

SpeedTeacher

--
    10 Oct 2008 12:12 PM
    Weasel Keeper wrote:

This sounds pretty cool, I'm interested! I'm pretty sure I can get two other drivers (one for certain, we drive together all the time).

Is there going to be more than one "season"?

Are there any other costs other than $35 a week per driver?

Is this SCCA sanctioned, or just a private league?

Worst case...what if a car gets torn up (engine, tranny, etc)? (insurance?)

How many cars?

Prizes? [;)]

Great questions! I will answer them in order...

I anticipate three (3) seasons of 7 weeks each (week 7 is a tournament).

The cost of $35 dollars per week is the price for the drivers. This is an introductory price and will last as long as it is economically feasible. The more teams I have, the cheaper the price. There are no hidden or surprise costs. We will have a 'eliminator' pool each week, but that is voluntary and 100% of the money goes back to the drivers. That feature is just to add some fun.

This is NOT SCCA-related. I have been asked to make that very clear. This is my personal business.

The cars are part of the entry fee. As a driver, you will be responsible for any damage that comes from being a jacka**. The maintenance of the vehicle is built into the cost.

The RPM Racing League will be insured similar to any autocross you have ever been to.

Right now I am planning on four cars to start. I have a 'Team to Car' ratio to control the number of runs per car, per week. I will adjust as necessary.

There will be a prize fund. Here is how it will break down: $100 deposit per competitor, then $21 per week times 7 weeks. $4 from each entry goes to the 'season' prize fund. $2 per week goes to the tournament prize fund. The season prize fund is based on team performance. The tournament prize fund is based on individual performance. I am currently working on that structure as we speak.

As you can imagine, this has the potential for high overhead, especially since I am responsible for the wear and tear of the vehicles ($1 per competitor per week goes to tires). I can guarantee two things. 1- It will be a blast for everyone who participates. 2 - Team spots will fill up fast. I am marketing this generally to non-autocrossers. Guess what... when people learn what autocross is, and then have an opportunity to do it in someone else's car, the interest level is pretty high. I have already have interest for 20 team spots, which was my initial goal. The revised goal is now 40 teams. I have capacity for 80 teams. We'll see how things shake out the next couple months.

I am also putting together a plan to take the program on the road (South Bend, Indianapolis), but that is something I will need to do when it is cost-justified.

Thank you very much for the great questions! I hope to see you on the list.

Todd James

Weasel Keeper

--
    10 Oct 2008 11:49 PM

Thanks Todd for answering the questions! This does sound like it could be a lot of fun.

I'm primarily a rookie road course racer (need one race for my National competition license). I've driven 4 actual races, plus two practice races during my driver school back in April at Blackhawk Farms. One race was an hour enduro at Indy (ORP), two regular regional races at Nelson Ledges, OH, and a 24 hour race (three 1.5 hour stints) for The Longest Day at Nelson Ledges. I've participated in two AutoXs and had fun at both, but still feel I could do better. My last attempt at Grissom, the car I was driving had busted rear struts that we didn't know about at first (damage from a rollover I did, a wall hit by my friend who owns the car, and a spin and track jump from his dad at Nelson...that place is DANGEROUS!...lol), so I wasn't too fast at all. This sounds great because it comes down to the driver, kind of like IROC. Maybe I can pick up some pointers. [:D]

I'll talk to a couple people next week and see about getting on the list.

[Y]

SpeedTeacher

--
    11 Oct 2008 09:26 AM
    Weasel Keeper wrote:

Thanks Todd for answering the questions! This does sound like it could be a lot of fun.

I'm primarily a rookie road course racer (need one race for my National competition license). I've driven 4 actual races, plus two practice races during my driver school back in April at Blackhawk Farms. One race was an hour enduro at Indy (ORP), two regular regional races at Nelson Ledges, OH, and a 24 hour race (three 1.5 hour stints) for The Longest Day at Nelson Ledges. I've participated in two AutoXs and had fun at both, but still feel I could do better. My last attempt at Grissom, the car I was driving had busted rear struts that we didn't know about at first (damage from a rollover I did, a wall hit by my friend who owns the car, and a spin and track jump from his dad at Nelson...that place is DANGEROUS!...lol), so I wasn't too fast at all. This sounds great because it comes down to the driver, kind of like IROC. Maybe I can pick up some pointers. [:D]

I'll talk to a couple people next week and see about getting on the list.

[Y]

That sounds great. While this is a league, we are also using it to teach. Most of the people in the league have no racing or autocrossing experience. We'll have a couple instructors on hand to help anyone who wants to go faster.

I will 'pencil' you in. If you don't mind, please PM me your phone number so I can give you a call soon.

Thanks,

Todd J.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner