TEAMDI PRO SPEC RACER SERIES
 0 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Robert Zecca

--
01 Oct 2008 12:32 AM
    This was the first year for our Pro It series and it has been a great success to date. The whole idea for the series was to increase car counts both at regional and national events so that the regions can make more income. We have been very successful holding races at Pocono, Lime Rock and NJMP. At the LRP National we had 168 cars plus 38 PRO IT cars making this the largest field at Lime Rock in years.

What we do is we want the driver to enter the regional or national race and then for an additonal $300 or so they get a 40 minute race with a 20 minute practice session. 25% of the entry is paid back to the drivers race day, 25% goes into a year end prize fund and 50% goes to the region. This has worked out very well for NNJR and we are hoping that next year more regions jump on board. On top of this we have sponsors and we raffle off great prizes like gloves, shoes, brake fluid, car car products, sunglasses even a helmet and suit!! Go to improvedtouring.com and read how much the participants love this series.

For 2009 we are toying with the idea of doing the same format for Spec Racer again both at regionals and nationals. I have spoken to Sean from Motion Dynamics about this and now I would like to get your input. If there is enough interest maybe we can do the same with your regions and TEAMDI/Driving Impressions would become the main sponsor and I will bring my lineup of sponsors. Let me know your thoughts or feel free to call me at work at 1-800-275-4667

Thanks
    Bob Zecca
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner