THANKS!!!
 10 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
KBroeker

--
12 Oct 2008 05:59 PM

Well, I feel like the event went faily smoothly today, so I wanted to thank everyone who helped out, both the people with "special" assigments as well as those who were assigned worker positions at the start of their work heats. You guys made it fairly easy for this first time event chair.

Sincerely,

mprosser

--
    12 Oct 2008 06:14 PM
    No, thank you for a very well organized event and a fast course. In regards to the person handing out time tickets at the end of each run, I don't know if it was a delegated duty or just a random act of kindness, but It was extremely nice and helpful. Thank you. I have seen this done in other regions and hopefully we can continue it.
    KBroeker

--
    12 Oct 2008 07:47 PM

Mike-

It was a planned duty, at least as of this morning when we found that the display did not work. We did not have "post-its", so we improvised by asking the person who was doing it to tear off little scraps from an old times posting sheet. If we have the people to do it in the future, then I hope other event chairs will continue it.

Believe it or not, the only "faux pas" that I know of that we did not overcome (other than some criticism about course layout and not being able to follow it) was that we did not have double sided tape to put the finishing position on the trophies.

Thanks for the feedback, by the way.

mprosser

--
    12 Oct 2008 08:24 PM

Kyle,

Oh yeah, I forgot about the display.... I guess it was just nice to reach into my pocket and know what my exact times had been from the start and how many runs where left. Kind of old school, but I hate trying to remember my times when I should be worrying about making improvements. I guess maybe the ultimate would be a combination of the display (for other drivers and onlookers) and a printer at the end of the stop box that would print out a little ticker tape or sticker as you cross the line. In the industrial automation world, we use a lot of Zebra thermal transfer printers for printing barcodes and other info on labels after assembly and testing of parts. But then again, it's just one more thing for the club to maintain. Keep it simple...........

KBroeker

--
    12 Oct 2008 09:06 PM

Now that's just plain crazy talk there. Keep in mind that that the T&S software we use is like from the 80's or something. But I can appreciate your forward thinking. At some point today there was some fantasizing about wireless, noise-cancelling, over-the-ear headsets to replace the radios for when the muffler-less V8s are running. We can always dream...

mprosser

--
    12 Oct 2008 10:04 PM

Ah yes, but I suppose that 20 years ago somebody said "Oh yeah.......a computer and a big fancy digital display. We can always dream...."

The possibilites are endless, unlike the funding. I'm happy with a post-it-note for now. Or I may even just find a way to document my runs once the display is fixed.

STSProbeGT

--
    12 Oct 2008 11:49 PM
    That was a fun, well-run event.....No thank you!
    RonConrad
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    13 Oct 2008 09:48 AM
    The sw is a current version and is easy to use. Times were posted after every run. Sorry you didn't see them. They were on the big white scoreboard.
    mprosser

--
    13 Oct 2008 06:33 PM

I received all of my times upon entering grid after each run. I haven't heard any complaints about how timing was handled.

FTW_FRC

--
    13 Oct 2008 07:21 PM

Kyle,

Glad to help out anyway I can.

My pleasure as always.

You ran a great event. Lots of fun!!!

Looking forward to next year. Actually its gonna be REALLY hard not being able to race again for 6 months.

[Y] [Beer]

KBroeker

--
    13 Oct 2008 07:50 PM
    mprosser wrote:

I received all of my times upon entering grid after each run. I haven't heard any complaints about how timing was handled.

See your co-drivers post in the results thread. Maybe you can help unravel the mystery...

You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner