Author Messages
Peppler33CS
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
KBroeker

--
13 Oct 2008 06:10 AM
Thanks for the quick post Andrew and ggod job on your PAX result!!! Also, thanks to Chris K. for getting the data to Andrew so fast.
OneEyeMedia

--
13 Oct 2008 09:35 AM
So how does this play out the end of the year weinner?
OneEyeMedia

--
13 Oct 2008 09:41 AM

And from what I can tell from previous runs this year...

Congrats to John Ryan on Winner of the Novices this year! WOOT :P

Go TeamAwesomeSauce!

mavisky

--
13 Oct 2008 10:44 AM
Wow, can't believe I cracked top 20 in PAX in a nearly stock convertible Mustang. That'll make my dad pretty happy. Shame it took me 3 runs to quit tying to drive it like Kyle Broeker's awd though or I might have found a few more tenths.
OneEyeMedia

--
13 Oct 2008 10:51 AM

mavisky wrote:
Wow, can't believe I cracked top 20 in PAX in a nearly stock convertible Mustang. That'll make my dad pretty happy. Shame it took me 3 runs to quit tying to drive it like Kyle Broeker's awd though or I might have found a few more tenths.

Tell you what - you drove the wheels off it. I had a fun time with the ride along! The video from what I took was pretty neat - especially when I turned it towards you and had it showing your mad wheel skillz! :P

mavisky

--
13 Oct 2008 11:31 AM

Shame you didn't ride along in one of the first few passes where I spent as much time counter-steering as I did steering. Not surprisingly once I stopped trying to be the drift king I dropped 1.6 seconds off my times. Wasn't as much fun, but it was most definitely faster.

sts38
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
13 Oct 2008 05:03 PM

Thanks for getting the results up so quickly Pepp.....btw...nice runs....HUGE improvement! GO FWR!

Peppler33CS
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
13 Oct 2008 05:14 PM
A lot of that is coming from pushing to keep up with you! You better believe I had a 49.2 in my sights, but there was a thin line between running hard and clean versus running a bit harder and dirty. I might have had it on the last run, but decided to go drifter style YO in the dirt around the last left hander.
KBower

--
13 Oct 2008 05:23 PM
Hey, what happened to one of my runs?
FTW_FRC

--
13 Oct 2008 05:53 PM

[<:o)] [<:o)] [<:o)]

I made it into the top 3rd of the PAX. WHOO WHOO.

Can't believe that one. 2 sceonds off of Jerry's times. Never thought I would get that close to him this season.

Thanks for getting the results up so fast.

I had a great time with you guys and gals this year. Can't wait until next year. [Beer]

KBroeker

--
13 Oct 2008 07:46 PM

KBower wrote:
Hey, what happened to one of my runs?

Keith-

Just guessing as I really do not know, but did you and Michael ever have an issue with not switching numbers? If that was not caught in T&S when it happened, they may have ended up with extra times for Michael on the last run and not had 6 for you, but would have been unsure at that point which times to switch between you two. Part way through the first run (probably while two driver cars were on their second drivers), I told Gary (the starter) to remind two driver cars about thier numbers, but I am not sure if he did it all the time after that. I know he was not doing it before I asked him to. Just a thought...

Ron C. or anyone who was in T&S on second shift, do you remember anything "hinkey" about 95 XP vs. 195 XP (red Porsche 944/951 with yellow front bumper)?

KBower

--
13 Oct 2008 07:58 PM
On my first run the time was never announced/given until it was put on the board after the first runs were over. On my third it was not announced so I asked Travis to call control for it. We never had an issue with numbers during our run. The missing run was not the last one because the time for the fifth run was my sixth run.
mprosser

--
13 Oct 2008 08:45 PM

I don't believe we had any number issues. We keep the "1" on the inside of each door panel. That way the driver has an indication from inside the car that something is wrong. And all of the photos and videos appear to have correct numbering (most are only one side of course). Most importantly, my posted results all match the time tickets that I was given at the end of each run. I ran last, so if I had an extra time it wouldn't be posted I assume.

KBroeker

--
13 Oct 2008 08:52 PM

Keith-

The written times were based on the announced times. There was a time during the first run where Ron (who had started out announcing) had switched to working the T&S computer as the person on it was somewhat inexperienced (sorry, I do not remember your name), so Ron took over on the computer for a while. The inexperienced guy announced for a while, but found that he did not know the divers by car as well as Ron did. So, Ron worked on getting the inexperienced guy up to speed on the computer and then switched back to announcing. I knew there was a gap at one point and had the times announced to catch up, but I would imagine that we overwhelmed the guy writing them down. I am not sure what might have happened in the middle runs as I was on course with Jason spotting for him on pix/videos.

The run/work order had most of our T&S tallent working in the first shift. I think Ron did a great job getting fairly new people up to speed. I have only worked T&S a few times myself and I know that until yu have a system and a rhythm, it can be overwhelming. Anyone from T&S on second shift care to chime in?

A personal observation that I know that a few others share...Ron does a great job announcing, but Raleigh (first shift announcer and PAX/raw FTD driving red miata CSP 87)is awesome!

Peppler33CS
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
13 Oct 2008 08:58 PM
I should have the written down times, I'll check on that.
KBroeker

--
13 Oct 2008 09:09 PM

Thanks, Andrew.

I don't suppose you ever found the written times from the August Verizon event where I have missing times, did you (see this thread: http://sccaforums.com/forums/thread/316431.aspx )?

Peppler33CS
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
13 Oct 2008 10:09 PM
Thats the event I had to leave early so I was not doing T&S that day. Usually I take the written down sheets and keep them for a few weeks after the results are posted for auditing purposes, but not that day since I was not around. Might want to email TJ, he was doing T&S during the first heat.
Peppler33CS
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
14 Oct 2008 12:06 AM
Keith, # 95XP, your 4th run of 49.992 was not in the computer. What shows up as your 4th and 5th run is actually your 5th and 6th. Your fastest time is still valid. No change needed.
KBower

--
14 Oct 2008 08:21 AM

Andrew,

Thanks for taking the time to look up the missing run.

Keith

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

Sunoco 88x31 Button
SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner