You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
RonConrad
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
14 Oct 2008 08:45 AM
I think every one in timing in 2nd heat was new (other than myself ) they were doing a fine job until a couple two driver cars forgot to change numbers, and we had to make corrections. I was hoping the Backup timer was using the clock, and not the announcer to give them times. I would recommend a Winter training session to get more FWR folks trained on timing.
KBroeker

--
14 Oct 2008 09:08 AM

Ron-

We have trained alot of people; it is just that when the run/work order was put together, nobody realized that pretty much all of the trained people ran second shift. I had a list of who volunteered to do which work assignments ahead of the event and I gave to Chuck (worker cheif second shift), who apparently did not follow the list. John Ryan was wanting to get trained (and I think has been in T&S some), but somehow was not there. Thanks for getting it all together so well.

About the writting down of times. We were talking about the unofficial timing slips based on the announced times that we had someone giving out as people re-entered grid (when I was in Indy, I know they did that often at the finish line), not the person in T&S who was writing down times for audit purposes. Normally, we do not do that as we have a display board, but the display board was out on Sunday.

RonConrad
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
14 Oct 2008 10:33 AM
I'm not sure why the big display and FM transmitter was not set up.
KBroeker

--
14 Oct 2008 01:24 PM
When I said the display board was out, I meant it was not working. As far as the FM transmitter, no one seems to be missing having it, so maybe you were the only one who liked it. I think the playing of CDs has kind of wained as well.
OneEyeMedia

--
14 Oct 2008 01:44 PM

Couple I will throw out...

1. FM transmitter seems not to be a very well used thing in our club. It either is not set right or not hooked up. I do not mind it; but the way you guys had the pa speaker setup in grid it would have been not worth my time to have the radio on.

2. Time board - I actually like having a finish person giving me a ticket with my time better the the board. And if it is not working, I hope the next Director keeps that in mind for either repairs on it.

3. Cd' at an event... I really never care for it. Maybe it is becasue I am trying to concentrate on the course layout than the music. If it had been playing I would have not been bothered; but really not something I can to listen to at an event. So, my concentration or the talk of others usually crowds out the music if it is ever played.

IMO for what ever it is worth :P

JPM

RonConrad
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
14 Oct 2008 02:08 PM
That's too bad.
Shawn IN

--
14 Oct 2008 09:25 PM
Whats this FM transmitter you guys are talking about? Do you broadcast the announcer over a fm station? If so I never knew that.
OneEyeMedia

--
14 Oct 2008 09:39 PM

Shawn IN wrote:
Whats this FM transmitter you guys are talking about? Do you broadcast the announcer over a fm station? If so I never knew that.

Yeah, we have one; but from what I remember it does not reach that far because of needing it tuned better. I have not messed with it to really give you a straight answer, just what others have told me about it.

RonConrad
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
14 Oct 2008 10:39 PM

It is very easy to tune, you just need an FM radio near by to adjust the frequency. You also need to put a fresh 9V battery in it. It doesn't work well at Verizon because of the dirt piles in between the lots, but it would have been great for Kruse, or the Coliseum event. You can hook up a bigger antenna. You plug it in to the Tape Out of the PA. It's really not that complicated. It would allow people to hear what's going on from their car radios, or portable radios.

How did the big display get broken? We always used to strap it to a table with bungie cords to keep the wind from damaging it. The club laptop is filthy, and really needs to be cleaned up. Also, now that it is getting cold, everything electronic, needs to be taken indoors (especially the laser printer). You should probably Winterize the generator as well, or run it out of gas so the old gas doesn't sit in it for 5 months.

OneEyeMedia

--
14 Oct 2008 10:54 PM
RonConrad wrote:

It is very easy to tune, you just need an FM radio near by to adjust the frequency. You also need to put a fresh 9V battery in it. It doesn't work well at Verizon because of the dirt piles in between the lots, but it would have been great for Kruse, or the Coliseum event. You can hook up a bigger antenna. You plug it in to the Tape Out of the PA. It's really not that complicated. It would allow people to hear what's going on from their car radios, or portable radios.

How did the big display get broken? We always used to strap it to a table with bungie cords to keep the wind from damaging it. The club laptop is filthy, and really needs to be cleaned up. Also, now that it is getting cold, everything electronic, needs to be taken indoors (especially the laser printer). You should probably Winterize the generator as well, or run it out of gas so the old gas doesn't sit in it for 5 months.

Very good points there Ron, hopefully the next Solo Director writes these down :P

As for the display (if it is broken), could be a result in not having an Equipment Manger for the club. My last event at Verizon where I was Event Master it was like a complete mess and nothing was organized in there. I tried picking up some of the stuff that day when I had some free time; but it truly needs an END OF THE YEAR CLEANING for sure! I am amazed how much stuff is in there that does not get taken care of. Sorry to rant; but it is just unbelievable that someone would allow this. I really hope that this is one of the first things that gets looked over with better care...

Ron, thanks for the heads up there on the FM trans, next time we have an event and I am there, I will make an effort to look at that the next time :P

wrheadle

--
15 Oct 2008 06:34 AM

RonConrad wrote:
How did the big display get broken? We always used to strap it to a table with bungie cords to keep the wind from damaging it. The club laptop is filthy, and really needs to be cleaned up.

Lack of maintenance... [:(]

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Sunoco 88x31 Button
SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner