Moving Sale!! 2 Cars - ESP '86 Mustang, and '96 Corolla
 0 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
A5295

--
16 Oct 2008 03:11 AM

Guys, I've set my sights on a couple of other means of transportation, and since I'm getting ready to move, they've been put up for sale. This is not a "have to", but if they sell, then I guess I have to buy something else, lol. Prices are slilghtly negotiable, but I can't give 'em away. Any questions can be posted here, or you can call me at 662.418.0615.

First, we've got my '86 GT... Guys, this car is 1000x nicer than it was when I got it.

Guys, I'm considering selling the fox - I may be looking into another car, and must sell both to buy it. *sniff sniff*.

If I leave it just as it is, I'll probably start around $6k. If folks want it cheaper, I can start pulling wheels and stuff. I've got all the stock suspension (shocks/struts/Springs

Here are the specs on the car:
    -Bone stock engine, with underdrive crank pulley
    -Bassani E/L CC Headers
    -Pypes Catted X
    -Magnaflow Catback
    -Steeda Shifter Handle
    -Electric Fan

-'96 GT Spindles, Calipers, and Rotors
    -'85 TownCar MC
    -Ranger/Aerostar axles, Ranger drums
    -Summit Brake Bias Controller
    -Tokico Illumina Shocks/Struts - slotted for more - camber.
    -H&R Race Springs
    -MM C/C Plates
    -Silver 10th Anniversary Cobra wheels, with Sumitomo HTRII's 245F. 275R.

-Alpine Headunit
    -Rockford Fosgate 201S Amp
    -Image Dynamics IDQ 10.2 Sub, in homemade sealed box
    -Antenna Delete, with Cobra R Delete plate
    -Glass mount Radio Antenna
    -3G Alternator Upgrade

I painted the car last year the original color, Jalopeno Red. Car still looks Great, but could use another cut and buff, as well as touching up a few chips and the jambs. There is also evidence that there is some rust coming back on my hatch, and one small spot on the C pillar. All of which I'll take some detailed pics of tomorrow after I get it cleaned up. This was my first all over paintjob, so it isnt perfect, but still turns lots of heads, and gets compliments all over the place. Runs solid and strong - Id drive it anywhere if need be. Ive went to Baton Rouge last fall in it, and got 22 MPG with it LOADED with tools, clothes and stuff at 80+ MPH. It ran an 8.04 at fulton on DR's, and a 9.31 at Aberdeen on street tires. Has a small oil leak at the valve covers, and the power steering leaks a bit. Is also a little cold natured at first start. A/C is inop from a leak, and is in need of a heater core. Car never fails to start, and is just as dependable as my corolla.

As far as ESP, with a little more work it would be a lot more competitive, or at least I would think so. Centering the rear-end (watts link, panhard bar), adding some subframe connectors and a cage would do wonders for this car, and if I keep it, look for those things to happen in short order. The front spindles are exactly what are needed for the Cobra brake upgrade (ESP legal), and the only thing needed besides the rear discs to make all of it work would be another change in Master Cylinder and booster. Car is running about all the width of tire it can (245F/275R), and really needs to have the lips rolled all the way around, and some rack limiters added. I really would like to see where this car would go with some stickier tires. There are several that have ridden in it, and a couple that have driven it, and all have been surprised at how well this old fox holds the road.

With all that said, here are a few pics:

These are from the last AutoX I was in:
    SCCAForums Image
    SCCAForums Image

Some from another one:

SCCAForums Image
    SCCAForums Image
    SCCAForums Image[/list]

Some from when It was first painted:
    SCCAForums Image
    SCCAForums Image
    SCCAForums Image

Here are a few pictures of the interior and jambs:
    SCCAForums Image
    SCCAForums Image
    SCCAForums Image
    SCCAForums Image
    SCCAForums Image
    SCCAForums Image

-Small spot on the Drivers side lower bolster and wear on upper:
    SCCAForums Image
    SCCAForums Image

-Dirty spot I couldnt pull with vacuum - will shampoo if buyer requests:
    SCCAForums Image

SCCAForums Image
    SCCAForums Image

-Primer in jamb:
    SCCAForums Image

SCCAForums Image

-Bad spot inside hatch jamb:
    SCCAForums Image

-overall shot of hatchback area - note small primer spot on corner, right above left taillight, some staining of the carpet as well (got wet while out of the car). Look over the wiring job - PO had it this way, and I was waiting to re-do when I did carpet/rear seat delete.
    SCCAForums Image

-Huge, badass sub in homemade sealed box ;P
    SCCAForums Image

SCCAForums Image
    SCCAForums Image
    SCCAForums Image

-another shot of pass floor - previous owner tore carpet re-installing it after his wiring job
    SCCAForums Image

SCCAForums Image
    SCCAForums Image

-Last but not least, the pimpest floormats ever!
    SCCAForums Image

-$6000 OBO.

Next is my Corolla:

As I said, its a '96, with a couple of option: A/C and an auto.

-Gray Interior
    -Manual Windows
    -Manual locks
    -AM/FM
    -213K miles.

A/C blows snowballs, and everything works. Runs like a sewing machine. I've been to Houston TX and Baton Rouge in it within the last six months, with nary an issue. Car has been well maintained, with 3K mile oil changes and just had a tuneup. Gets 30+ MPG.

Does have a few dings, and the typical stuff you see on a high mileage car. Car was involved in a minor accident last year (with the previous owner), and the front bumper shows the damage - you can see it and any of the other dings/scratches in the pictures. Interior is clean, save for a couple of stains on the rear seat, and a small tear in the bottom of the driver's seat.

Guys, this is as dependable a car as you could ever have, and drives great. Im just bored driving it. There is [u]nowhere[/u] that I would hesitate to drive with this car.

Im asking $2700 with a new set of tires, 2500 without. Would consider a trade for a 1st gen miata or MR2.

Pics!
    SCCAForums Image
    SCCAForums Image
    SCCAForums Image
    SCCAForums Image
    SCCAForums Image
    SCCAForums Image
    SCCAForums Image
    SCCAForums Image

-Oh, and to all those wondering what's next, there will be another pony in the stable with a blue oval, but very possible with 4 cams and a stiffer chassis. The corolla will either be replaced with a fun little DD (miata or MR2), or a two-wheeler (GSXR, R6, etc.)

Guys, if you hear anyone looking, send em to me - if I sell from a referral, I'll thrown ya a bone for the help. Would consider trades. Larger pictures available - call/post for details.

Thanks!

-Michael

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner