4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
SpeedTeacher

--
18 Oct 2008 11:44 AM

Hey Everybody,

The RPM League is now officially open for business. The RPM Mitsubishi Evo is in Glenbrook Mall and the feedback has been pretty positive. I saw a couple familiar faces yesterday too!

Here is the official information for anyone interested in participating. Those with autocross experience will be especially impressed with the effort we are putting into our events. (More on that later).

Okay, just a summary first: Teams of three (3) compete in leagues of eight (8). The 'season' is seven weeks long, so each team will go head's up against each team in the league once. We will track both team and individual points. Participants don't work... they only run and watch. We expect the league to be about an hour and a half. There will be a minimum of four runs. We will also have fun-runs if time allows for two or three dollars.

Please keep in mind... we provide EVERYTHING! The cars, fuel, tires, helmets, etc...

To keep weekly prices down, we have broken things down into a down payment and weekly fee.

Mazda League - $80 down and $25 a week with less than 40 teams signed up. $80 down and $22 a week if we have 40 teams or more. For those who think they can't afford it, we are more than happy to take payments (sort of a layaway plan). All it takes is $20 reserve your individual spot and $60 to reserve your team spot. And, as a bonus to those signing up while we are in the mall this month, anyone who signs up this month and has their full down payment to us by December 31st will get a $5 off certificate for EVERY WEEK of the league (a savings of $35).

So, if you made your down payment, then took about $1 and stuffed it under your mattress each day, you would have your league paid off before it even started!!! Think about it... you will get almost a full season of events in before memorial day. Ask Chuck and Travis and the rest of the guys who went to events every week... your skills improve drastically! For those who are newer in your autocross career, this is also a good chance to get some individual training from some very experienced autocrossers.

Here is the schedule for the 2009 Spring Session of the RPM League, to be held at Kruse Auction Park in Auburn, IN.

Mon - Open

Tues - Open

Wed - 9:00am ..... 4:00pm ...... 5:30pm

Thu - 4:00pm ..... 5:30pm

Fri - 9:00am

Sat - 9:00am ..... 10:30am

Sun - Open

If you think you go throw together at least four (4) teams and would prefer a time that isn't listed, then let me know. We can do it, and will help find the other four teams to fill your league.

For those of you who have supported me through phone calls and e-mails thank you!!! For those of you who voiced your doubts (either to me or someone else), I appreciate that too. I think there is anything like this in the country (autocross league using cars). Its great to see a plan come together!

So, the bottom line is SIGN YOUR TEAM UP!!!! $20 a person will get your spot reserved. Pay the full down payment by the end of the year and autocross for less than $20 a week. Start putting $1 a day into your 'kick some autocross butt' fund and then sit back and wait for spring to come! SIMPLE!

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to call. My new cell phone number is 260-580-7940. Call anytime... I rarely sleep.

Thank you!

Todd James

mavisky

--
    24 Oct 2008 05:56 PM

Sounds awesome Todd, any idea as to how much of the event site you'll have access too at each of these events?

Weasel Keeper

--
    25 Oct 2008 12:43 AM

Right now I have myself and Chad (Murfin Racing) definately interested...and looking to find a third who would be serious enough in our Air National Guard unit to have some fun and make a commitment. Standby 1. :)

Question...

My team will be comprised of Air National Guard guys. We work full time as technicians but still have to do the one weekend a month thing. So weekends may be out. We also work one week of nights per month for night flying training (scaring the locals in central IN making them think they see UFOs...LMFAO). If we sign up, do we have to lock in to a scheduled time slot, or is that flexible at all?

ie: we sign up for Tuesday @ 5:30 (we work until 4:30 day shift), but we have one of the 7 weeks a night shift week...can we shift schedules mid season for a week?

SpeedTeacher

--
    25 Oct 2008 10:01 PM

Hey Jay,

Sounds like you have the workings of a good team going. As for the adjustment of the schedule, I'll answer by saying we'll do whatever we can. Whenever you race outside your regular time, the circumstances change (weather, etc) which may affect the points. But, the bottom line is that we will want to work with you. Its our first year, so we'll be extremely flexible to encourage participation.

The Evo is in the mall right now and the response has been unbelievable. When I hang out with car I end up talking non-stop. People just can't believe we take care of everything. All they have to do is show up. Its pretty exciting.

Talk to you soon!!

Todd James - RPM Racing League

SpeedTeacher

--
    25 Oct 2008 10:03 PM
    mavisky wrote:

Sounds awesome Todd, any idea as to how much of the event site you'll have access too at each of these events?

Hey Kyle,

We will be using about half the big lot we used at the last two autocrosses. There may be a time or two when that is unavailable and we will use a smaller part of the lot. They are working with us pretty well.

Todd

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner