FWR - Please VOTE!
 5 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
KBroeker

--
07 Nov 2008 10:11 AM

I know ther was a previous post related to this, but I wanted to reassert that all club members should vote, both regionally and for Area Directors. Although there are no choices (other than write-ins) within our region, you do have a choices. Please vote for who you feel will serve SCCA as a complete club the best.

On a related note, as I was filling out my ballot, I noticed that there were no spots for Public Relations nor Newsletter Editor. Then I consulted the bylaws and policies & procedures and found that, although those positions are voting positions, they are appointed by the Board. Larry Dent is currently PR and as far as I know, going to continue to serve in that role. Jason Massey has just been appointed the Newsletter Editor and I hope to see his enthusiastic efforts soon (if not in the December edition, surely in the January).

wrheadle

--
    08 Nov 2008 06:53 PM

Just so everyone knows, if there are no absentee ballots received by the next board meeting, and none of the positions are contested, it is typical that the slate is elected by a single vote by the secretary.

Bill

OneEyeMedia

--
    09 Nov 2008 08:44 AM
    KBroeker wrote:

Jason Massey has just been appointed the Newsletter Editor and I hope to see his enthusiastic efforts soon (if not in the December edition, surely in the January).

Thanks Kyle -

But I need to clear things up.

I have not been selected as the Editor. This position is appointed by RE and there has not been a formal announcement from the RE stating I have been appointed the DRIFT Editor. Once there is a formal announcement of this - lets try to not get to excited. From what I understand, there are two other members that are interested in the DRIFT Editor position.

That announcement should be on the website.

YOU NEED TO VOTE PEOPLE THOUGH!!!

Also, there was some confusion that I was going to be the webmaster. I am not going to be the webmaster - COOL... That is another appointed position from the RE.

KBroeker

--
    09 Nov 2008 07:43 PM

Well, I did not mean to step on any toes or mis-inform. Steve had a little announcement under a picture of him driving his Mini in the Drift, so I thought it was official.

OneEyeMedia

--
    09 Nov 2008 08:36 PM
    KBroeker wrote:

Well, I did not mean to step on any toes or mis-inform. Steve had a little announcement under a picture of him driving his Mini in the Drift, so I thought it was official.

Nope - It was not official I guess. There was confusion and the RE was wanting to know why I had announced me getting it. I explained this was already announced in the DRIFT and that you had made an announcement, probably from what I read in the DRIFT. Then I made one sentence in my winter projects thread and removed once I got the call. Some where concerned I guess, I wanted to make those that were concerned and saw this on the forums could go back to sleeping at night. :P

I am sure the DRIFT will have all the final results and announcements soon.

Thanks BRO... LOL :P

Cheers,

JPM

RonConrad
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    01 Dec 2008 10:27 AM
    so how did the elections go? Anyone new?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner