26 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
RacinAlt

--
22 Dec 2008 07:30 PM

I have a Coats 5060A, and running off a 26gal C&H compressor at 125psi max. Got the machine at a local shop for $800. Never had an issue with it, and works for the first 2 tires, then the compressor gets behind and oyu have to walk away for about 5 minutes or so.

Have done everything from 205/50R15 to 315/35R17's and never had an issue with it. Always done it by myself and not assist arm. Probably the best tool investment I have ever made.

My recomendation is just start hitting all the local tire shops, eventually you'll find one guy that has been itchin' to get a new machine. Wal-Mart is always a good one to hit, as they usually replace them and leave the old one there for a while before it gets picked up.

Craw-S-5500

--
28 Jan 2013 12:52 PM
Trying to get input on these - anyone heard of them? Pro. Look well built http://www.nhproequip.com/c/170/pro...e-changers
Davidss
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
29 Jan 2013 12:14 AM
I am pretty happy with my manual tire mounter. For small street tires it is almost as fast as a powered machine!
Craw-S-5500

--
19 Feb 2013 09:35 AM
Intended to report back earlier on the pro tire changers. I found this:

According to the reviews, the PRO Series Tire Changers are actually of good quality. It has Bead Breakers made with refined, anti-corrosive stainless steel cylinders. The Foot pedal assemblies are made of steel, reducing the chance of pedals breaking.

I kept digging and found this blog post - http://www.nhproequip.com/blog/?p=1804 NEW! PRO Tire Changers &ndash; Superior quality that will not break the bank!

I think they look pretty good. Opinions?

jdchristianson
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
20 Feb 2013 08:09 AM
Davidss wrote:
I am pretty happy with my manual tire mounter. For small street tires it is almost as fast as a powered machine!

Which of the manual tire "machines" do you have? I've used one and am thinking about getting one.

Jeff Christianson

PDM

--
22 Feb 2013 12:29 AM
Hunter TC3500 here...... and have never regretted the initial "new" purchase years ago. Still a work horse tire machine that does not damage fragile race tire sidewalls (shovels are hard on tire sidewalls and some manufacturer's specify touchless tire debeaders as shovels can damage sidewalls on Z rated tires. Does F mod tires, right up to Z06 and wide-ass race wheels very effectively.Does requires a lot of air power to run especially if you are doing bead blasting - so doubled up on air tanks inline to have more air capacity. But found stand alone Cheetahs more effective at seating narrower tires on wide rims than using the supplied Hunter bead blaster or the tire inner tube method, and a lot less dangerous and potentially rim damaging starter fluid and match method. (trust me......doing explosives to seat tires is retarded and dangerous.)Pricing on used units has come down significantly on these units since I bought new in 2003....(and have seen them go for under $3K in the PNW.Balancer I have a Roadforce unit - which is overkill for anyone as a club racer....but always freaks out people when they see it in my garage.For most auto-xer's that don't drive to events on their tires/wheels, I rarely balance tires. But for track enthusiasts or street driven cars, all rims are balanced.If you are doing mainly 2-3 different sized wheel/tire combos for your car, then you can get away with smaller, less sophisticated tire machines. But if you are doing big rubber and really stiff, short race tire sidewalls, on expensive 3 piece rims - you gotta spend some money to buy a higher quality machine that will not damage the expensive race wheels. (that's why a lot of chain stores will touch race tires/rims as their tire-apes lack finesse on a rim/tire that can exceed the net value of their abused, overworked tire machine.
cbramey
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
27 Feb 2013 02:15 PM
i have a tc 710 i bought new for $900 complete. i run it with a 1.5 hp compressor and occasionally it has to pause to catch up. so far, it works great, i have probably changed 20 sets of tires. no problems with 18x12's with street and race tires. the only thing that has been a bitch is dismounting run flats that have blown out.... i just had to saw those pieces of crap off the wheels.
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner