Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Fair
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
17 Dec 2008 04:56 PM
    We started testing all sorts of springs on our new Longacre spring rater, using OEM spring examples from our in-house VTPP testers and other customers that shipped us springs. We're doing this to help build a big database of OEM spring rates...

So if you have some stock springs that aren't yet on our list, [B]take the Vorshlag Challenge[/B]! Send us your springs and we'll rate them for free, then ship them back to you. Drop us a line at sales (at) vorshlag (dot) com for more info.

The article explains how and why we are testing the way we do. No, its not the end-all-be-all spring rate test, but it should give most racers the basic spring rate for the car in question, which is what most of us want to know. Check out the tech article here: [url]http://www.vorshlag.com/tech_spring...;/url]

SCCAForums Image
    [I]A screen shot of part of our Google document spreadsheet - we will add to and update this often[/I]

SCCAForums Image SCCAForums Image
    [I]We have tested both OEM (left) and coilover (right) springs[/I]

We have already had sets of springs come in from Bimmerforums folks, with some OEM stuff and a mystery set of unmarked coilover springs. Primarily we are interested in gathering data for OEM springs only, and we will only post data in the spreadsheet that we've taken. Drop us a note, let us know what you have, and we'll see if we've tested it.

Thanks,
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner