You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Peppler33CS
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
18 Dec 2008 12:15 AM

http://www.dynotech-eng.com/chass_dyno_fees.htm

I'm interested in getting the 4 banger on the dyno to see if I can actually break the 100hp barrier. I looked around and this place seems pretty sweet, Illinois road in Fort Wayne. We can rent the dyno for a day, but we would need about 15+ people to make it worthwhile. Heck if we get 20 people, its $44 per person for 3 pulls. I haven't contacted them or anything, I'm just gauging interest. I would expect to do this sometime in Jan/Feb. Anyone interested?

OneEyeMedia

--
    18 Dec 2008 12:36 AM
    If funds permit it Andrew, I am up to see what the Slanted H can put down.
    KBroeker

--
    18 Dec 2008 07:58 AM
    I would love to get the Subie on a dyno, but I need AWD dyno and this is only one drive axle. But, I wanted to point out that if you have 15 people, that is only about 30 min. on the dyno per person total. Something to think about...
    sts38
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    18 Dec 2008 04:51 PM
    Peppler33CS wrote:

http://www.dynotech-eng.com/chass_dyno_fees.htm

I'm interested in getting the 4 banger on the dyno to see if I can actually break the 100hp barrier. I looked around and this place seems pretty sweet, Illinois road in Fort Wayne. We can rent the dyno for a day, but we would need about 15+ people to make it worthwhile. Heck if we get 20 people, its $44 per person for 3 pulls. I haven't contacted them or anything, I'm just gauging interest. I would expect to do this sometime in Jan/Feb. Anyone interested?

Count me in

Peppler33CS
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    18 Dec 2008 08:12 PM

Cool, we can have a war of hamster powered ST cars [:^)]

Looks like we have 3 so far. Does any particular timeframe work best for people? I'm thinking now that March may actually be better if people are doing any winter work. Or should we try February?

OneEyeMedia

--
    18 Dec 2008 09:43 PM
    Peppler33CS wrote:

Cool, we can have a war of hamster powered ST cars [:^)]

Looks like we have 3 so far. Does any particular timeframe work best for people? I'm thinking now that March may actually be better if people are doing any winter work. Or should we try February?

Well, I like March...

And I am only doing to have some clue how much POWERZ I reallyz have under thiz HOOD!!!

mavisky

--
    20 Dec 2008 08:11 PM
    When are you guys planning on doing this? I don't know when I could get a motor back into the car that's worth dyno'ing
    Peppler33CS
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    21 Dec 2008 12:16 AM

I'm going to contact them with a March request. I'll update this when I hear back.

I'm mainly interested in this as I need to know how tired my engine is with 140k on it. And I'm serious about the 100whp... not sure if I'm above or below, if below then I need to do some work!

bmonnin1
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    21 Dec 2008 08:50 PM
    Peppler33CS wrote:

I'm going to contact them with a March request. I'll update this when I hear back.

I'm mainly interested in this as I need to know how tired my engine is with 140k on it. And I'm serious about the 100whp... not sure if I'm above or below, if below then I need to do some work!

Might not have all my winter mods completely done by then but if you set it up I will bring the Z up there to see if my rear drive beast has any balls.

FTW_FRC

--
    23 Dec 2008 06:01 PM
    If it turns out to be around $50 for a run on the dyno. I'm in. [Y] [Beer]
    skillet

--
    05 Jan 2009 11:03 AM
    I'd be in. I'm curious as to how it would compare with my Dynolicious runs...
    Peppler33CS
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    05 Jan 2009 11:38 AM

I heard back from the dyno place, sounds like they are scaling back in 2009 so it will not be available. Anyone know of another place in FW that has a chasis dyno? Cost?

In the meantime, does anyone have a GTech I can borrow for a week? I'd like to get a "ballpark" baseline estimate before I dig into it a bit. So if you have a Gtech, like the SS or RR version, let me know! Thanks

bmonnin1
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    05 Jan 2009 04:02 PM
    I have a Gtech RR but probably will not be able to get it to you until the Awards ceremony.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner